Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    Novica said:

Looking through old stuff and love this guy (or gal)  What a cutie- so, do you recognize him with Iray shaders? 

Your version with Iray materials is really cool! Looking at the original, I would not have guessed you could have improved it so much.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2016

So did you pick up any of the brow remover prodocts Novica?  I'm curious about your opinon since I know you feel strongly about eyebrows.

Surprisingly no (surprisingly for the reason you mentioned lol)  With the various products, some of the eyebrows seemed to end too short of what I consider a average brow, and (how do I explain this?)  running horizontally, the bottom line of some/many (depending on your opinion) seemed too straight, without enough arch. And many were IMO thin. With all the characters I have and the ability to put their skin on another character whose face features I may like better, I've got hundreds of characters (thousands actually.) 

While brows are not symmetrical, they are when we apply light makeup and brow combs,  so I wanted asymmetrical AND symmetrical in the same quantities. I did like that the differences were subtle, and that asymmetrical was included. (actually the focus.)   The last reason- sheer laziness. With all the good brows out there, I didn't want to go to Photoshop or LIE (haven't used it that I recall, I probably have and forgot about it) and twiddle and tweak.  

I also have Josina and several other thicker browed females, so I'm good there.

The main reason though- I wanted more of those PBR images by that vendor that I showcased- the stone wall, used iwth the grass megapak.  Easy to create backgrounds and more along the lines of what I wanted to spend the last of my budget- too close to the end of the month lol! So I picked up three more of the PBR textures. The new one is the Plaster.

Post edited by Novica on

Eren looks amazing as a kid- thanks for showing us!  yes

• I like the Zev/Draagonstorm brow removal utility. Works nicely and it is easy. I already have fibermesh brows from Rendo so I'm good with actual brows. But you never know when you're going to want to render an alien and not want the eyebrows so that utility is useful. I liked the dYnamo 2 Poses for Genesis 3 Male as well. Quite useful. And with those purchases I did pick up 2 free dragons. I probably won't ever use them, but well... Free..

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited September 2016

I like the Zev/Draagonstorm brow removal utility. Works nicely and it is easy. I already have fibermesh brows from Rendo so I'm good with actual brows. But you never know when you're going to want to render an alien and not want the eyebrows so that utility is useful. I liked the dYnamo 2 Poses for Genesis 3 Male as well. Quite useful. And with those purchases I did pick up 2 free dragons. I probably won't ever use them, but well... Free..

Do you know whether it (brow remover) works when installed with Daz Connect and/or on skins installed with Daz Connect. I can't get anyone to answer that question in the product thread. frown

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

I like the Zev/Draagonstorm brow removal utility. Works nicely and it is easy. I already have fibermesh brows from Rendo so I'm good with actual brows. But you never know when you're going to want to render an alien and not want the eyebrows so that utility is useful. I liked the dYnamo 2 Poses for Genesis 3 Male as well. Quite useful. And with those purchases I did pick up 2 free dragons. I probably won't ever use them, but well... Free..

Do you know whether it (brow remover) works when installed with Daz Connect and/or on skins installed with Daz Connect. I can't get anyone to answer that question in the product thread. frown

I can check whether it works on skins installed with daz connect later tonight if you like.  I have one char who I  bought who is connect only I can run it on. I have the program installed with dim.

edited September 2016
    barbult said:

I can check whether it works on skins installed with daz connect later tonight if you like.  I have one char who I  bought who is connect only I can run it on. I have the program installed with dim.

Thank you. I appreciate that. I'd like to know if you can save a browless preset in the same folder as the original DAZ Connect skin.
    Post edited by barbult on

I like the Zev/Draagonstorm brow removal utility. Works nicely and it is easy. I already have fibermesh brows from Rendo so I'm good with actual brows. But you never know when you're going to want to render an alien and not want the eyebrows so that utility is useful.

that is something to think about- I think I have that product from Rendo as well. So the remover will come in handy. It's still in the still new releases section.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    barbult said:

They're doing an update -- Connect converts everything to lower case, so they need to make some changes to allow for that.

• @Barbult: the answer is that yes it works on Characters installed using DAZ Connect. Save as material preset to the character's directory does not work properly, however, you can save as character with the skin attached to your character's directory in your own presets folder and that works just fine.

Wyn

@Barbult: the answer is that yes it works on Characters installed using DAZ Connect. Save as material preset to the character's directory does not work properly, however, you can save as character with the skin attached to your character's directory in your own presets folder and that works just fine.

Wyn

Thanks for testing it. I was of something like that. I am never able to save a file in a Daz Connect "cloud" folder structure.

• barbult said:

@Barbult: the answer is that yes it works on Characters installed using DAZ Connect. Save as material preset to the character's directory does not work properly, however, you can save as character with the skin attached to your character's directory in your own presets folder and that works just fine.

Wyn

Thanks for testing it. I was of something like that. I am never able to save a file in a Daz Connect "cloud" folder structure. 

THe products says it saves to the character's directory, however, it will throw an error when you try to use the saved skin. 

Ultimately, saving to your presets directory might be the better move because you can easily back this up later.

LOL I always love finding test pages. The caption of the page is testing page only / 2016 PA Festival Catch Up Weekend!!  

• Novica said:

LOL I always love finding test pages. The caption of the page is testing page only / 2016 PA Festival Catch Up Weekend!!  

Wow, 4101 items in the fast grab for tomorrow? I hope that is true.

Novica said:

Wow, 4101 items in the fast grab for tomorrow? I hope that is true.

The page I found had 18,840 items (314 pages) so it appeared (I'm guessing) to have all the products and wasn't really set up.

• Yeah, I don't know either, I just tried loading the mega fast grabs for each day, so this may mean nothing, or it could mean that Oct 5th is the last day

Sept 30 there's 4101 items

Oct 1 ... 6018 items

Oct 2 ... 7391 items

Oct 3 ... nothing listed yet

Oct 4 ... 82 items

Oct 5th ... nothing listed yet

Oct 6th and beyond ... "404 page not found"

edited September 2016

I got to thinking about the Comet horse and how shaders really changed up the look. So,  a product that- I believe it was?- showcased by SereneNight was the Cyber D Model 1 dog  (as low as about $12) which also has a War Dogs material set (love the Police!)  Just imagine what you can do with THAT!  Anyone got any renders of the dog? He's in the featured stores right now so thought I'd mention him.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited September 2016

Bobbie25 store is throwing a huge Magento error.  REPEATEDLY. Other stores are  working fast and correctly, load right up, that I have tried so far.  EDIT: Silver's store is doing it now.

There has been an error processing your request

Connection to Redis failed after 2 failures.

Trace:
    #0 /var/www/html/daz3d.com/magento/web/lib/Credis/Client.php(378): Credis_Client->connect()
    #1 /var/www/html/daz3d.com/magento/web/lib/Credis/Client.php(463): Credis_Client->connect()
    #2 /var/www/html/daz3d.com/magento/web/lib/Mage/Cache/Backend/Redis.php(210): Credis_Client->__call('hGet', Array)
    (goes on and on)

Post edited by Novica on

A LOT of 404 page not found and Magento errors. They darned well better extend this sale past midnight if this stays the case for the next two hours!

I can't get into the store at all. I get the Magento errors.

It was working (12:32am central time) but then suddenly my cart page went to that script and errors. IF YOU ARE BUYING right now be sure and make screenshots of your cart in case the price goes wonky. It will help both Support AND you so you will know the price of each item and what it should be!

• The store was reported and fixed.

DIM is not working, as noted in a Commons thread. I just tried it. (12:38 a.m.)  My order did go through without a hit. I did get that dog at a good discount as I bought the hangar. 

Got Restricted Zone (free),  Torch and Construction Kit (can use for special effects other places, as mentioned on another thread) the CyberD Model 1 dog (not the War Packs, I am going to use shaders)  and no gift card because to get the discount, I'd have to buy three things and that defeats the purpose of getting the GC.  These GC sales at the end of the month aren't appreciated by me, I understand why they do it (so we CAN'T take advantage of it, finance wise at the end of the month) but if you can, remember I saw a weekend catch-up page so you can benefit from it if you have the funds. (I'm done for the most part.

BTW, off topic- good luck to both the European and American Ryder Cup golf teams tomorrow. We welcome our visitors from overseas and hope you enjoy your golf-watching holiday!  It all starts at around 8:30a.m (I think Eastern) tomorrow.  I love that two golf players must hit one ball- this is going to be a hoot. I've never seen the Ryder Cup and even if you don't watch golf, two players hitting one ball is going to be fun to see!  We've lost the last 8 out of 10 so hoping to turn that around of course, but I hope everyone plays well.  smiley

The store was reported and fixed.

Yep, that's why I wanted folks to know my order went through.  Have any info on DIM?  And thanks Mods for being on top of everything as usual. yes

edited September 2016

Okay, here's my tip for today's sale-

Aave Nainen's hair. Why?

Looks like good underseas hair- the strands are a bit more clumpy IMO. With a shader like Slosh's and a touch more smoothing, will look more like the hair I normally get. Notice the morphs GO WITH POSE PACKS. Check and see what you've got/don't have, and pick them up during the sale. Then you have poses with hair that is done for you!   Just add that to the "didn't notice this the first umpteen times around." 

So Aave's one of the featured stores, you know the drill on how to get the prices to drop. Read the descriptions, click the links on the Pose products and see if you have them. If not, scoop up any that are discounted when you get the hair while it's discounted. Win win.

Free Spirit Hair   Morph Pack 1      Morph Pack 2

Post edited by Novica on

PC+ member ship is one of the things that get discounted today, waaaaaay down when you buy the triggering discount (new release, etc)

If you want some great poses, don't forget to look in Devon's store, particularly if you got the orange banner with the store additional discount. The sleeping poses and jogging poses will come in handy and are very fluid, not stiff. Cake One's store with the Fangtastic, for those who are relatively new to my thread, we showcased how great Fangtastic is to get slightly irregular teeth- look very natural! 

And I would be remiss not to point out one I just found that has different eyebrows- for Aiko 7.  DC Mira would be GREAT as a kid (one promo hints at it.) 

edited October 2016

Remember the recently released Steak House? This is a good uniform for it, in case you didn't buy the bundle with the poses and clothing. (And is in the featured stores.) With shaders, you can do a lot with this dress, it's very family friendly. It can be a school uniform, if white, a nurse's outfit, etc.

Post edited by Novica on

Well, okay. Why do I now have a Postgre SQL CMS and (repeat)From Valentina CMS Conversion  listed in my Product Name column of my DIM? Did that get inserted in DIM yesterday when the store and DIM went wonkers, or is that always in the list of products? 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Do you mean showing as new downloads, or installed items?  Note that there are four PostgreSQL CMS installers:  general release and public beta, 32-bit nd 64-bit, but only one can be installed.

This discussion has been closed.