Blind Demon (Josh Crockett / Sixus1 Media)

Comments

• You're not the only one... :)

• I really like this figure.

Question on the wings, how poseable are they, can they be made to fold flat? I'd like to animate them, I don't care about actual included poses, I can do that myself as long as I can drag them around. I just want to make sure they aren't just static props. 

Also does the figure have a tongue?

• no it does not work in Carrara sadly, is OK I shall use him in iClone 

I did try converting to triax but no luck

Warning: file \data\Sixus1\JPCBlindDemon\!BlindDemon\BlindDemon_14089.dsf could not be loaded
    Error: node /data/Sixus1/JPCBlindDemon/%21BlindDemon/BlindDemon_14089.dsf#BlindDemon_14089 not found

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

Thanks @ToeJam ... I can put my CC away.. another product no good for Carrara crying no

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited September 2016

I have been experimenting with converting the Blind Demon to 3Delight. 

First, I applied the Ubersurface base, and replaced the normal map, but it looked flat and terrible. 

After that I made liberal use of the Subsurface Toolbox to improve the look.  It still doesn't have the depth that I would like.  Since I am not the conversion expert that timmins.william is, I may pop over to his tips thread and ask some questions as to how to improve it.

BlindDemon 02 Spec.jpg
    600 x 600 - 47K
    BlindDemon 3DL 04.jpg
    600 x 600 - 106K
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300

I really like this figure.

Question on the wings, how poseable are they, can they be made to fold flat? I'd like to animate them, I don't care about actual included poses, I can do that myself as long as I can drag them around. I just want to make sure they aren't just static props. 

Also does the figure have a tongue?

I'd like to know about the wings too before I buy.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

There are no pose presets or pose sliders that I can find, but each of the wings has a base and three bones, each of which has Up-down, front-back and twist parameters, so with a little effort they can be articulated. 

• in iClone

• pdspds Posts: 593
    ToeJam said:

in iClone

Hahaha, when I first saw this I thought you'd animated him to be doing the Macarena!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

pds said:
    ToeJam said:

in iClone

Hahaha, when I first saw this I thought you'd animated him to be doing the Macarena!

I HATE YOU BOTH!!!!

cheeky

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    dracorn said:

I have been experimenting with converting the Blind Demon to 3Delight. 

First, I applied the Ubersurface base, and replaced the normal map, but it looked flat and terrible. 

After that I made liberal use of the Subsurface Toolbox to improve the look.  It still doesn't have the depth that I would like.  Since I am not the conversion expert that timmins.william is, I may pop over to his tips thread and ask some questions as to how to improve it.

Um, that still looks DARN good. I'm hoping he looks that good for me in Iray! LOL

Laurie

Thanks, Laurie.  Maybe I should put him in a render and see how he looks. 

• I really love the blind Demon. He needs some more clothing! I don't like them all to look alike. =-)

• That looks pretty good, @Dracorn!  I've been playing around with mine in Iray.  I love the glowing effects on the wings and parts of the outfit!  I think I finally have something good going.  I'll know more when it renders a bit more, but so far it looks good!  I love this character and the wings weren't hard to pose at all.

@ToeJam  I kind of dig the animation!  Cool!  :)

I actually don't like the glowing stuff, but if I wanted it, I could approximate it in 3Delight.  I have the UltrueViolet Light shaders I could use.

Serene Night, yeah, I do agree that it would be cool to have more than one outfit.  I'll have to experiment with kit bashing a couple of pieces by manually fitting them - like shoulder armor plates and the like.  We'll see if it works.  Besides that, it's time to replace textures!  All the textures on the clothing in my render are 3DL replacements.

edited September 2016

OK here's my first experiment.  I attached Dark Horns for M4 from Runtime.  I loaded the horns without the demon selected and then manually fit them.  This allowed for the horn morphs to work.  However, the horns won't geo-graph to his head this way, and also the angle of the base wasn't quite right.  I narrowed the X scale and sunk the horns into his head.  It's not a perfect fit, but looks really good.  That little bit at the top of the left horn can be cleaned up in Photoshop.  I imagine you can do the same with G3's horn sets as well. 

Blind Demon with Horns.jpg
    600 x 600 - 98K
    edited September 2016

I managed to get the bottoms from Tribal Warrior to fit - his waist is so small that the thigh drapes were clipping his thighs, so I just turned off visibility.  I parented it to his hip and it moves with him.  No so much luck with the armbands, though.  Even though I raised his arms and lined them up, then parented them to his abdomen, they would not move with him. 

I tried the shoulder pieces next.  Blind Demons's torso is thicker front to back then Reptilian and his posture is different, so the straps were too wide on the sides and clipped his back.  Too bad Fit Control won't work with BD.  The shoulder pieces didn't move with him either. 

Blind Demon with Tribal Warrior.jpg
    600 x 600 - 72K
    Blind Demon with Tribal Warrior Posed.jpg
    600 x 600 - 52K
  • I think a veinous texture would be interesting. So far in my renders he tends to look a touch stoney. Would like him to have some vascularity.

• Josh CrockettJosh Crockett Posts: 572
    edited September 2016

A little preview of more Blind Demon stuff coming soon

blind demon preview 01.jpg
    665 x 865 - 88K
    blind demon preview 02.png
    665 x 865 - 3M
    blind demon preview 03.jpg
    665 x 865 - 88K
    blind demon preview 04.jpg
    665 x 865 - 89K
    Post edited by Josh Crockett on
  • dracorn said:

I managed to get the bottoms from Tribal Warrior to fit - his waist is so small that the thigh drapes were clipping his thighs, so I just turned off visibility.  I parented it to his hip and it moves with him.  No so much luck with the armbands, though.  Even though I raised his arms and lined them up, then parented them to his abdomen, they would not move with him. 

I tried the shoulder pieces next.  Blind Demons's torso is thicker front to back then Reptilian and his posture is different, so the straps were too wide on the sides and clipped his back.  Too bad Fit Control won't work with BD.  The shoulder pieces didn't move with him either. 

Diggin that!

edited September 2016

He he he he he...

Blind Demon Stylin'.jpg
    600 x 600 - 117K
  • dracorn said:

He he he he he...

Pimpin! Awesome, dracorn.

- Greg

• The jaw on the demon does not look like yours when it opens. Instead of opening down like a normal jaw, it shifts backwards into the neck.

demon jaw.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 445K
    edited September 2016

The jaw on the demon does not look like yours when it opens. Instead of opening down like a normal jaw, it shifts backwards into the neck.

He belongs on the Simpsons.

This is what Josh said on page one of this thread about posing the jaw:

"For those that are having trouble with the mouth, if you select the bottom jaw and use the Y translate dial, that will actually open the mouth. The jaw open close dial pivots the jaw on its axis. I will try to get Les to update this, but that is the workaround that works. I'm glad you all like the figure. I also suggest tweaking the translucency weight in the surface settings. I found that cranking them down a little gets a beter result."

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited September 2016

Nevermind, I figured out the jaw thing. I needed to lower the jaw using y translate rather than jaw open, And there is a tongue (I changed the shader on it). A digustingly beautiful tongue. I also added an eye.

demon cyclops.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 245K
    Post edited by FrankTheTank on
    edited September 2016

Nevermind, I figured out the jaw thing. I needed to lower the jaw using y translate rather than jaw open, And there is a tongue (I changed the shader on it). A digustingly beautiful tongue. I also added an eye.

You're right, there IS a tongue!  How did you get it to stick out?  Z Translate?

I did notice that you can get a little carried away with the Y Translate on the jaw... which in itself can be an interesting effect.

Blind Demon Jaw Y Translate.jpg
    600 x 900 - 187K
  • The jaw on the demon does not look like yours when it opens. Instead of opening down like a normal jaw, it shifts backwards into the neck.

Sorry you're having trouble DvoraszeniaStudio. If you read Dracorn's quote above, you'll find the fix for this. Les forgot to label this dial when he sent it out. I did notice it before release, but unfortunately we

didn't catch it in time. All that being said, the product did pass QA testing and was released as is. As soon as Les has time, I think he plans on updating the product to make more user friendly mouth controls. However, it does work with a tiny bit of effort, and works quite well actually, since there are no limits set on how wide you can open the mouth. I hope you enjoy it otherwise :)

edited September 2016

Here is my 3Delight conversion of the Subterranean texture, including clothing:

Blind Demon SubTer 08 Final.jpg
    600 x 900 - 146K
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited September 2016
    dracorn said:

You're right, there IS a tongue!  How did you get it to stick out?  Z Translate?

I did notice that you can get a little carried away with the Y Translate on the jaw... which in itself can be an interesting effect.

Yes, z translate, and there's no such thing as getting carried away! smiley

Gummy Demon

gummy demon.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 290K
    Post edited by FrankTheTank on
  • Sorry you're having trouble DvoraszeniaStudio. If you read Dracorn's quote above, you'll find the fix for this. Les forgot to label this dial when he sent it out. I did notice it before release, but unfortunately we

didn't catch it in time. All that being said, the product did pass QA testing and was released as is. As soon as Les has time, I think he plans on updating the product to make more user friendly mouth controls. However, it does work with a tiny bit of effort, and works quite well actually, since there are no limits set on how wide you can open the mouth. I hope you enjoy it otherwise :)

Not a problem, Josh. I love the figure, this is going to be really fun to animate. I love how wide the mouth opens.