It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well you could post just any old nonsense, like some people seem to do. THere is even one forum member who is sneaking up on Richards and my post count total, just by talking mostly nonsense.

I know who that is!! I like most of the nonesense. I even play sometimes myself.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeah I have to admit, I have been seen to indulge in a bit of nonsense posting from time to time as well, we need a bit of relief from all the serious stuff. :coolsmirk:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited June 2012

It's not all or even mostly nonsense. Its trying to pass on information to everyone.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited June 2012

Yeah and I have just been soundly reminded that some do not appeciate my feeble attempts at humour

Oh well chohole is quite used to being the nasty mod, is why I have a club after all.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I wish more users would just take it in stride. It's not like the fixes are not being worked on. Give the programers a break for crying out loud.

edited June 2012

All I said was that the message had been sent by "Bunny Express" which is just as fast and effective as "Pony Express" Now what is wrong with a message like that.

It made sense to me, and I am light on sleep and long on working hours at them moment, as are all of us in the Forum Team.

edited December 1969

I thought everybody knew what any reference to Bunny was

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I assume you mean wallpaperer minus one limb not a toilet roll holder!

Yeah, Wendy, minus one limb. About like being up to one's a-- in alligators.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Oh hey, Jacob has surfaced. Where you been hiding?

I think the question is, what have I been hiding from? My own creation.

DV4P.jpg
    600 x 600 - 56K
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

yeah, I'm popping in on my on droid, does more than iPad or maybe my friends with iPad just cannot do much.
    you can get treesketch though that I can't, saves to obj and Autodesk 123D Catch that makes obj's from multiple photos, both free
    also Apple have Garageband which everyone raves about.

Damn you Wendy. You made me go and buy GarageBand. It is without a doubt the most musical fun you could ever have on a tablet. And for $5 The quality is astounding. Ugh, now I'm addicted thank you very much. :lol:

You better hope this never ends up on the Android market. If you have even an ounce of musical ability it produces the most realistic and beautiful sound imaginable. You'll be hooked too!

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Oh hey, Jacob has surfaced. Where you been hiding?

I think the question is, what have I been hiding from? My own creation.

Those red eyes are something else.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

yeah, I keep hearing about Garageband, makes me almost want to buy an iPad, glad you like it,
    guess I am stuck with just singing into the voice changer a capella!! got a keyboard app which samples stuff and you can then play it which is scary.

edited December 1969

Well, I see most of us came home today. Glad to see everyone, Jacob love the Eyes, Jam on Harry, Sing away Wendy it makes the vid IMO, Chohole keep on clubbing my dear.

I need a marvel heros Tigra texture, I'm asking and looking every place I can. It's a no go so far.

edited December 1969

I did a quick bit of acoustic guitar playing with GarageBand and uploaded it so you can hear what the rave is all about. My playing is a bit rusty though. I haven't touched a guitar is many years. I tell you Wendy, yah can keep yer Android. I'll take this any day. :cheese:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MpxifgUGvw

edited December 1969

I played that tune with the Lord's prayer set to it in church on the organ last Sunday! (I am the organist)

edited December 1969

I played that tune with the Lord's prayer set to it in church on the organ last Sunday! (I am the organist)

That just makes so much sense, I don't know why I never guessed that before.

Not bad Harry, I need a four string FUZZY Bass. Think old Black Sabbath day's. :snake:
    edited December 1969

Oooh...now that is interesting. I did not realize you play music. I can't say I've played a proper church organ but I grew up with one of those electronic house organs that was popular in the early 80's. I took to it like a fish to water. I only realized years later it was the math structure of music that got me hooked and not any special kind of talent. Still, I enjoyed it all my life. Incidentally I also ended up leading our little Baptist church in praise and worship sessions. No pipe organ there either but electronic keyboards and guitars. When I moved away I donated my Fender Newporter to my successor and never got back into it. I guess that's why I'm liking this so much. It brings back lots of good memories. : cheese:

edited December 1969

lol! Prob because I am not very churchy!
    a bit too Earthy!
    (with a mind too dirty)
    thats why I need to go
    (but a bit slack, only every second or third Sunday when it is my turn to play!)

edited December 1969

we don't have a pipe organ either
    it is a Roland piano with two synths with organ samples
    but used to have a reed organ I had to treadle to run the blower!
    good exercise!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

That just makes so much sense, I don't know why I never guessed that before.

Not bad Harry, I need a four string FUZZY Bass. Think old Black Sabbath day's. :snake:

Pffff...considering I did that on a 10 inch screen with a virtual guitar it's amazing. Hehe. :cheese:

It has virtual bass guitars too but no fuzzy ones. I never did get the hang of bass. Not enough rhythm I guess.

On a side note, I joined the PC. I figured I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Anything interesting in the member forums I should see?

edited June 2012

WE should have a new Contest before long, one for all the new 1.99 PC items when they get listed. Other than that is lot's of gripping like most of the commons right now.

P.S. I quit playing right after high school, the band fell apart. SkYYe. I got to do all the Ozzy parts and I loved the Fuzzy string Bass. But that was way over thiry some years ago. I dont even own a guitar or anything anylonger.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited June 2012

Another day has dawned. That in itself is something to be greatful for. I am focusing on improving my spiritual well being by taking a more positive look at love, life and the universe. It might all be random but I've noticed that positive people attract good things to themselves. Or maybe they just never complain. Either way, life is too short to waste on bad vibes. The last few months have been draining but it's behind me now and when I look back I realize that I focused too much on what I needed and not at all on what I have. That way lies folly.

So, what good things can you all tell me about? :cheese:

Post edited by Harry Dresden on
    edited December 1969

Good things, hmmm. How about the fact that I learned the other day that I haven't lost my skill at multi tasking. Had one window open, resized to fill half my 1600x900 screen, and was watching the River pageant on that, while on the other half of the screen I had a window with several tabs up, and was flicking between emails, ebots, watching the forum, answering wuestions, etc etc, while underneath having a skype chat window open so I could keep in touch with the team.

THat's got to be a postive thing surely.

edited December 1969

Ah yes, to multi task. The holy grail of men and the secret substance of women. The fact that you do so many things at once says that you are keeping your mind occupied and have many friends even if they are just online friends. That is definitely a good thing.

It also has the added benefit of establishing that you're still alive! :cheese:

edited December 1969

lol! Multitasking!
    nothing seperates the males from the females more than doing my job!!
    the guys simply cannot do it as well and it is very obvious,
    I am a line picker packing bakery orders and all the new women pick it up quite quickly but very few men, they just cannot do more than one task at once so fail to see for example that an order of 24 pies and 16 pasties fits in one tray without repacking everything when a tray of pies contains 48 and a tray of pasties 32.
    A woman will simply take out half and replace it with the other product, guys invariably repack the lot!!
    I am not joking, quite intelligent men do not see the shortcuts and observe what is happening along the line like the person next to you needs a shelf filled, as they are running out of product, not help packing.
    Women just work differently, in my job it happens to be to their advantage.

edited December 1969

Women have always been quicker at learning things then men.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Women have always been quicker at learning things then men.

Must be something in the female gnome because I noticed when my niece and nephew were babies, she walked sooner, she talked sooner, she even turned over and crawled sooner.
    edited June 2012

Yeah I must admit when people asked me if I believed in sexual equality I always said "No, I wasn't after taking a drop in status" :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Thread Drop for Harry. Hey ol' man the new PC items are listed and the new contest has started. Just a heads up.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I don't want to be the only one not reporting in. It's so good to see everybody again. Where's Andy? I've got to go find some coffee. I'll be back later.

This discussion has been closed.