Instances creation via DzScript. How?

Pls, help :) How to get access for instances creation?

Comments

• edited December 1969

How to get access for instances creation?

Pls, help :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sorry what are you wanting to know?

I will assume you want to know how to create instances in Daz Studio 4.5. Select the object you want to copy and in the top menu bar Go to "Create > New Node Instance/s

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358
    edited November 2012

Threads merged as duplicates

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • edited November 2012

Why the thread is transferred here from the section "Developer Discussion"?! Question about DazScript.

Post edited by esp1001_f2672017e2 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

esp1001 said:
    Why the thread is transferred here from the section "Developer Discussion"?! Question about DazScript.
    Becasue you asked the same question twice in two different sections of the forum and considering I replied to this one and I was the one that reported the duplicate it was merge here. Thanks for understanding. :)

Thanks Frank.

• edited December 1969

But my question for section "Developer discussions" !!

Not for "DAZ Studio Discussion"

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,734
    edited November 2012

So you want to create an instance using script? If so, alothough we don't yet have the reference docs this example should help http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/nodes/create_instance/start

Thread moved to Developer Discussions.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited December 1969

Big thnx! :) Thanks for understanding. :)

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited November 2012

I posted that Create Instance sample as a response to this thread, just before lunch today... But with the merging/moving of the thread(s) that was happening, opted to wait on responding to this thread until I got back - and dealt with other more urgent things. I've answered the same question a few times in private communications, so I thought it best to post the sample on the Documentation Center and be able to reply with a link. It seems Richard's timing happened to coincide... Anyway, I updated the sample a moment ago to include comments. I'll update it again later, when I'm at home, to be consistent with the various other samples I've been building up in that section.

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,734
    edited December 1969

Thanks Rob.

• Many thanks!

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606

Is it possible to use a script to convert all identical DS 'duplicates' into the more render-efficient DS Instances?

I've just revisited Infinito videos and liking the brushing trees and rocks onto the terrain feature, but they are not Studio instances...

It would also be really useful to environmental type to be able to convert say ZBrush's array mesh, nanomesh, fibermesh exports to Daz Studio as instances.