Which modeling app is best suited ...?

terr_3df365bec5terr_3df365bec5 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I wish to import a modified Victoria 4 and Michael 4 (and perhaps version V5 and M5) into a modeling program, where I can render various cross-sections (similar to an MRI machine). Would Hexagon or Carrera be the product to use?

Comments

• FrankTFrankT Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

terr0 said:
    I wish to import a modified Victoria 4 and Michael 4 (and perhaps version V5 and M5) into a modeling program, where I can render various cross-sections (similar to an MRI machine). Would Hexagon or Carrera be the product to use?

You know there's no internals to either of those figures unless you specifically add them right ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

Hexagon is purely a modeller, so if you used that (which you certainly could - use Booleans to chop the slices out) you would need to go back to DS to render. Carrara would do the whole thing. Note, however, that the figures don't have an inside - you'd just get a rind, or a grey segment if you closed the boolean - if you want internal details you are going to have a lot of work to do, though the DAZ Internal organs sets may help.

• terr_3df365bec5terr_3df365bec5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you both. I'm aware that, without the organs, that all I'll get are essentially outlines.