Have you seen this?

DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Are you talking about Stonemason's store, how it looks? I think it looks slick and professional if that's the question.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Indeed it was. :)

wancow said:
    Are you talking about Stonemason's store, how it looks? I think it looks slick and professional if that's the question.
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Indeed it was. :)
    wancow said:

The "Shop All Stonemason" link is redundant (goes to the page you're already on) and the items-per-page control isn't working (it's stuck on 15). Sure looks purty though, don't it? :smirk:
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I get Three one three one three one for items, that can not be right. Chrome on Win7 64 bit.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

I get the same display as Jade, but unlike Beth I can change the items per page to 60.

Buy it now link is not functional

Using Firefox 15.0.1

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I like the basic principle, but it's not working great in Opera. Simplest to show not tell.

Note:
    1) Buy Now button appears to be non-functional
    2) Bio text is too low contrast with image, I had to highlight it into white to be able to read it.
    3) Problems with width are not solved by turning off the bookmark panel at the side of my Opera layout, the same errors are there with full screen.

SM2.jpg
    1255 x 862 - 205K
    SM1.jpg
    1280 x 715 - 225K
  • AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No, I am not gonna buy ...

No, I am not gonna buy...

No, I am not gonna buy... right now...

It does look good!

Will this happen as well for other PAs?

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I get Three one three one three one for items, that can not be right. Chrome on Win7 64 bit.

I also use Chrome (but Win XP) and it shows like this too - three items in first row, then only one item in second row, three in third row, then one and so on. Also, background shows with the usual light grey color, just like in the rest of the store. I checked how it looks in IE, which I usualy do not use, and it does look much better - it is showing 4 items per row allright and the background is black, which goes very well with the promo picture at the top.

Simply put - in IE it looks cool, in Chrome it looks like crap...

Another difference - in Chrome artist´s bio is written over the promo image and I cannot get it go away. In IE the picture is clean without any writing over it - when I want to see artits´s bio, I click on text "artist bio" on the top, when I want it to disappear, I simply click on that again. This does not work in Chrome - text from the bio (including artist´s photo) is displayed all the time and does not disappear no matter what I do. Also, text "artist bio" shows above promo picture - but in IE it is in the right corner and in Chrome in the left one.

• spimspim Posts: 3
    edited November 2012

it is broken in Safari

how do you *not* test?

(I made it 50% size to show)

stonemason_page_BORKED.jpg
    655 x 398 - 95K
    Post edited by spim on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

I get the same thing as the others in Maxthon3, the formating is definitely off, but then the whole sites been a joke since you idiots changed it.

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited November 2012

I see the same thing as DWG but I use FireFox

Post edited by JennK on
  • jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

The 'Artist bio' is hard to read and 3-1 product display isn't all that realy.

And his store isn't on sale, there's still some things i want ;-P

I did discover he's a year younger than me :cheese:.
    And i already knew he's got alot more talent than me, lots more.

Grtz Jean-Claude

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Do a "Hard" refresh (ctrl + F5) and does that fix it?

edited December 1969

Confirmed, looks awesome in IE. I dropped IE because of Avatar issues and security issues. IE will be up dated to plug holes when will the Forums Avatar issue get resolved?

edited November 2012

On Win7 and Chrome a hard refresh failed a System refresh (Crtl-R) did fix it.
    This is Chrome on Win7 after.....

Capture_DAZ.PNG
    1064 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited November 2012

If any of you are using the greasmonkey plugin with the thingie for the daz-store you should deactivate greasmonkey (or the daz-store-thingie) in order to see the stonemason store like it should be :)

Post edited by BlazeMystEra on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes a hard refresh sorted it out for me on Firefox. I used Shift+Ctrl+R

Now it does look purty :coolsmirk:

• AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looks almost as good in Chrome as in IE now, but "View 15" only shows 14 items per page in Chrome, 30 and 60 show all.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Hard refresh helped, but on several items the pictures show much smaller than they should...

stonemason.JPG
    1280 x 900 - 178K
  • adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Sorry i don't like it
    to dark, to busy, to loud

if every artist gets their own store page designs the site is going to look a bloody mess - sorry - more of a mess

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

I had to do a hard refresh to make it look right in Firefox as well, but it's fine now. I get an odd small icon on Urban Sprawl 2 The Big City, The Arc Sci Fi Corridor, Streets of the Mediterranean, etc. as well.

The artist bio text is very small and is grey on white, making it hard to read. I suggest making it larger and the text darker.

Overall I like it. I think customers will respond positively to this presentation, and while it would mean customers seeing my chubby face, overall I like the idea of humanizing and identifying artists. I think they will remember the individual artist more when they've seen our faces.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited November 2012

System refresh (Crtl-R) worked for me in Chrome. (thanks, Jade!) :)

Looks nice, btw! ;-)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Did a hard refresh that fixed most of it. some images are smaller than others still and on the last line of products for page 1 it only shows 3 instead of 4 all following pages are doing the same.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited November 2012

DAZ_Kevin said:

Since you asked... I think the ladies outfits look a bit- breezy. I prefer less NSFW art to advertise a store.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited November 2012

I think the Aspect ratio on some images are off, Click on one of them, you will notice the Main promo image is a altered image as well.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

Nope, hard refresh did nothing for me, in MX3 I have to use retro mode before it'll display properly.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Ctrl-R to fix in FF 16.02 Linux...

But there are still a couple of things that are 'off'...

screen22.png
    1280 x 1024 - 983K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited November 2012

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Do a "Hard" refresh (ctrl + F5) and does that fix it?

The dark grey text that I couldn't read anyway on top of the dark gloomy picture disappeared. So did the little thumbnail pic which I assume was Stephan himself. Is that "fixed"?

Oh wait, it came back looking a lot better when I clicked the dark grey "Artist Bio" link (against the dark gloomy pic, does anyone see a trend here?). And when I hover over the e-mail icon, the popup tooltip half vanishes off the side of the browser window instead of shuffling sideways to fit. I can also see the same few odd-looking thumbnails others are seeing. Using Firefox 16.0.2 in Win7.

Great idea, poor and low-contrast colour choice, and (as we've come to expect on the store ever since the changeover) a fragile and too easily broken inplementation.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited April 2014

Post edited by bad4u on
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

bad4u said:
    At least Daz finds time to play around with eye candy instead fixing all that annoying bugs and missing features first..

My thoughts exactly.

-MJ