Putting my scenes together?

MidyinMidyin Posts: 221
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So I used puppeteer to make some scenes for a video project, now i just need to put the scenes together into a complete video. The videos all saved as .AVI files, and won't open in Windows Movie maker....

Is there some way I can get them to open? or change them into something that Movie Maker will open, or is there a program like movie maker that's will let me open AVI files?

Comments

• edited November 2012

AVI is only a container. When you saved your animations, DAZ Studio asked you for a compression codec. Which you used?

Anyway, try to open them in VirtualDub.

Post edited by mario.cicalese2_d6b65131db on
  • MidyinMidyin Posts: 221
    edited December 1969

I just saved them as what ever the default was... Is VirtualDub a video editor like Win Movie Maker?

• edited December 1969

I see, you didn't pay attention to it...

Well, you can try to install a codec pack (like the well known K-Lite), because many times WMM uses the codecs in it to read the files.

Virtualdub can be used to edit and compress animations, but it's not so easy like WMM for its interface, so maybe it's better for you to try the codec pack solution.

edited November 2012

I may need to. I downloaded it, and got it running, but. I loaded up the first scene, then tried to load in the next, but it's not keeping both files open at the same time. When I load in one the other disappears.... it seems overly complicated

and honestly I'm agitated that this is even an issue to begin with. WMM only works with WMP files?... Seems like a waist of a good program over elitist BS...

Post edited by Midyin on
    edited December 1969

So, I'm still having trouble with this... Does anyone one know a good free video editing software that will allow my to put my video scenes together into one video, and add music and sound effects to it?...

edited November 2012

Thanks Roygee, I'll have to Read the Readme file, and check this thing out... :coolsmirk:

Post edited by Midyin on
    edited November 2012

So< I've come up on a new problem. I tried to import the videoe Scenes I made into LightWorks(because WMM was crying like a B***h), but It won't let me because the FPS on these videos are 30 and it only wants videos with an FPS of 25....

Why does DAZ Studio make use save our videos in usless formats/FPSs that won't open in video editing software?

Post edited by Midyin on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Midyin said:
    So, I'm still having trouble with this... Does anyone one know a good free video editing software that will allow my to put my video scenes together into one video, and add music and sound effects to it?...

Probably the best free video editing software available is Blender.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Midyin said:

Probably the best free video editing software available is Blender.

Yeah...but it doesn't do the dishes...although I'm sure someone can create a script to trigger a remote control on the dishwasher from an animation.

• edited December 1969

VirtualDub .... Usually works for me ......

edited December 1969

Tried VirtualDub, didn't work for me.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Some users are having trouble with AVI codec's in DS. You might have a version of AVI codec that is not compatible with DS. I learned long ago to never use SAVE as Animation. I only use SAVE as IMAGE SERIES and then use almost any program to make them into a video. This way I know my movie will work 100% of the time. For sound files I do this I note the START frame of the sound file and then ADD it in my video editor at the same frame. This works better for me as I have more sound channels to work with.

edited December 1969

Rendering animations to images is considered best practice in many 3D packages atm, since if the animation blows up as an animation file one looses everything, whereas if it blows up rendering individual frames one can pick up where it blew up. Also, Rendering animation to images is much more flexible and allows for better quality control usually.

• edited December 1969

Midyin said:
    I may need to. I downloaded it, and got it running, but. I loaded up the first scene, then tried to load in the next, but it's not keeping both files open at the same time. When I load in one the other disappears.... it seems overly complicated

After loading the first scene, you have to attach the others using the FILE->APPEND command.