No content showing up on my system - it did the first time but that's it

stevensnyderstevensnyder Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and content 4 times, and I get the Genesis figure, and some controls for "Shading", but no preset content. It worked the first time I installed, but now I can't see any of the pre-set stuff. The program crashed at one point.

I have tried e-importing meta data, but no success. Mac 64 bit version. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited November 2012

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and content 4 times, and I get the Genesis figure, and some controls for "Shading", but no preset content. It worked the first time I installed, but now I can't see any of the pre-set stuff. The program crashed at one point.

I have tried e-importing meta data, but no success. Mac 64 bit version. Any help appreciated.

Did you follow these steps?
    Reset your database > Apply
    Re-Install Metadata > Apply

See images below, the image order is backwards. Start at the bottom image.

Pict_1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 185K
    Pict_2.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 192K
    Pict_3.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 192K
    Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on
  • stevensnyderstevensnyder Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you, yes, I have tried that. I get a progress bar, and the dB symbol in the pane on the right highlights, but there is no content on the left.

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

Hi stevensnyder ,

I'm not sure you have a similar problem I have but I have a Windows System and it looks like the same behavior:

Could you check that the DAZ Content Management Service ( or what ever is called on mac) is running?

I have a weird problem and found that DAZ Content Management Service stops when DS in loading.

That might be the problem, as the behavior looks like I have

You can find the topic here:http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9632/

Mind you, Daz is working on my problem as I type this, something weird is going on here.

If there is a solution, I will report is in the topic listed.

Good luck, hope you problem is solved soon! ^_*

Post edited by Safeunderdark on
  • edited December 1969

I'm running 64 bit DazStudio 4.5 with Mountain Lion and some funny things happen sometimes including the Presets disappearing but I can always get them back if I switch to the Finder and back although it sometimes takes a couple of goes.

Try deleting the DazStudio preferences in your User/Library Folder which are going to be something like:

com.daz.Classes.plist

com.DAZ.DAZStudio.plist

com.DAZ.dzInstall.ApplicationPath.plist

com.DAZ.dzInstall.ContentPath.plist

I'd particularly do this if the application has crashed as they can become corrupted. DazStudio hasn't crashed on me yet...

If you're using Mountain Lion the User/Library Folder is hidden (why???) but you can still get to it by using the "Go" Menu in the Finder with the "Alt Key" held down.

• Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

im having the same problem.. it happens all the time for me.. in the last few days. i did a full sysytem reboot and reinstalled all my software and now for no reason smart content will just vanish for no reason. its odd and frustrating sometimes.