Scene Zoom Question

ausairausair Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Everytime I open a scene I was working on the 4 viewports that I use are zoomed in really close to the 0.0.0 point of the scene and I have to zoom all viewports out again.
Is there way for Hex to hold your last camera settings or reset Hex somehow so it always opens with the scene zoom the way I like it ?

Comments

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

No!

• ausairausair Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thats what I thought but wondered if someone had found a way.

• edited December 1969

There MIGHT be a way of synthesizing it. Hexagon saves a tremendous amount of session data and parameters when you save a file as an HXN.

This is a completely untested idea by me, but it might be worth experimenting with:

Without loading any models, open hexagon and set it up the way you'd like to have as a default setup. Then save this setup as an HXN file called "empty" or "default" or whatever and zip it up or store it in a safe place.

After that, you could make a copy of that HXN and rename it to a new project name and open hexagon with it.

In theory, anyway... :)

• ausairausair Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is a completely untested idea by me, but it might be worth experimenting with:

Without loading any models, open hexagon and set it up the way you'd like to have as a default setup. Then save this setup as an HXN file called "empty" or "default" or whatever and zip it up or store it in a safe place.

After that, you could make a copy of that HXN and rename it to a new project name and open hexagon with it.

Thanks but that unfortunately doesn't work as hex doesn't seem to save your scene zoom settings so it won't save it in default or template file you suggested. Does anyone know if there is hex template file somewhere that is used at startup of hex ? Maybe the scene zoom settings can be adjusted in there or else it could be something that is just hard coded into the software and can't be adjusted ?