Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2016

Your welcome, but don't base buying decisions on what I am able to do. I am known as the least technical person on this planet. The product has so many possible combinations, and makes it easy to change Surface settings, so someone more capable than I am could probably easily create masterpieces.  I'm still experimenting.

One thing though- anyone who has tried this, please open your character's mouth and see if the teeth have distorted. Sakura has gone nuts. I wrote down what I did, and it was only changing colors in Surfaces, no morphing. I never doubt it's probably something I've done, but I can't think of anything that would cause this due to only messing with colors. I'm going to load her up and check the teeth prior to applying the product.

UPDATE: It is indeed Sakura's teeth! The top are the droplets, but the bottom teeth are jagged.

SakuraMouth.jpg
    575 x 440 - 154K
    Post edited by Novica on

Hmmm. I never know if I'm just tired or just not thinking- or both. True or False? If you have a character for a figure, which is true? There can be more than one answer.

In Content Library, to load the Genesis 3 character (Let's say Character A onto Figure B):

a. you click and load the Genesis 3 base figure, then go to the list of characters and load the character onto Genesis 3 (select the morphs and materials and it goes on Genesis 3.) 

b. you click the character icon (when you click Genesis 3>Characters, there's the rows and rows of character images.) You don't need to load Genesis 3 first.

c. you don't load Genesis 3, you click and load the figure (Figure B) then go to the list of characters and load the character onto the figure.

Whatever you select, you should get the same results. So which are true?

• If I'm working on a direct character, then B, I load by clicking on the icon for that character.  If I don't know what I'm doing other than I know which generation of figure, then C, I click on Genesis 2 or 3, or Victoria or Olympia or whichever character base I want to start with and then spin dials to my hearts content.  I don't know that I ever really do option A.  Is there a difference?

If I'm working on a direct character, then B, I load by clicking on the icon for that character.  If I don't know what I'm doing other than I know which generation of figure, then C, I click on Genesis 2 or 3, or Victoria or Olympia or whichever character base I want to start with and then spin dials to my hearts content.  I don't know that I ever really do option A.  Is there a difference?

testing now because I'm not sure what's going on with Sakura's teeth, I want to assume it's because I loaded her wrong. I'll show you all the results in a few minutes. We'll see!  smiley

edited September 2016

I am going to re-render A and B, to be sure the other one was turned off.  I did, with the same results. Just wanted to be sure.

A and B will get you the same results. I rendered all of them, opened them up in my graphics program, then did a click back and forth between A and B, and nothing flickered, nothing changed. They may look different, but they're not (if you move in your seat, the shadows will be the same. It's your view of your computer screen that might make them seem different. When you click on images that only show one at a time, like in a graphics program, you'll see anything that moves.)    And C is quite obvious. 

You're not alone though in loading the required figure (Aiko 7 in this case) then applying the morphs for the character.  (Sakura) When Sakura's teeth looked weird, I loaded up Aiko 7, then applied Sakura from under Ozichick's name in the Characters, and wow. Look at the character I got! Show below:  

First, option A:  you click and load the Genesis 3 base figure, then go to the list of characters and load the character (Sakura) onto Genesis 3 (select the morphs and materials and it goes on Genesis 3.) You don't mess with the figure (Aiko 7)  So this is Genesis 3 + Sakura

Second: option B:  you click the character icon (Sakura) (when you click Genesis 3>Characters, there's the rows and rows of character images.) You don't need to load Genesis 3 first.    This is just Sakura

Third: option C:  you don't load Genesis 3, you click and load the figure (Figure B, in this case Aiko 7) then go to the list of characters and load the character (Sakura) onto the figure.  This is Aiko 7 + Sakura in the character list (NOT the icons.) 

SakuraGen3ThenSakura.jpg
    500 x 600 - 101K
    SakuraIcon.jpg
    500 x 600 - 101K
    SakuraAikoFirst.jpg
    500 x 600 - 87K
    Post edited by Novica on

So Sakura's teeth are indeed messed up. 

edited September 2016

Tested Amaya on Girl 7. This is an eye opener. There are differences between A and B this time, in the eyes. You'll have to copy my images and put them in a graphics program, click back and forth, to see it, or look closely. But in the Icons character (B) in  upper part of the eyes, the highlights are brighter than the Option A:  Genesis 3 + Amaya.   Look in the white schlera and there's a bright white dot.

And as usual, Option C, loading the base figure (this time Girl 7) then loading the character from the list (NOT the icons) gives you a different character.

First, option A:  load the Genesis 3 base figure, then go to the list of characters and load the character (Amaya) onto Genesis 3 (select the morphs and materials and it goes on Genesis 3.) You don't mess with the figure (Girl 7)  So this is Genesis 3 + Amaya

Second: option B:  you click the character icon (Amaya) (when you click Genesis 3>Characters, there's the rows and rows of character images.) You don't need to load Genesis 3 first.    This is just Amaya

Third: option C:  you don't load Genesis 3, you click and load the figure (Figure B, in this case Girl 7) then go to the list of characters and load the character (Amaya) onto the figure.  This is Girl 7 + Amaya in the character list (NOT the icons.) 

AmayaGen3Amaya.jpg
    500 x 600 - 89K
    AmayaIcons.jpg
    500 x 600 - 90K
    AmayaGirl7ThenAmaya.jpg
    500 x 600 - 81K
    Post edited by Novica on

So now I don't know which way I want to load a character. A (Genesis 3 Female or whatever generation applies) then the character from the list, or B, loading the character from the image icons. This last time, B had brighter eye reflections. 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

When you say from the list, do you mean the shaping morph slider?

edited September 2016

No, when you go Genesis 3 Females and click on it (In Content Library) then the icons for the characters show up. To the right is option folder for Characters, which has the subcontent- the list/folders of characters, some by vendor names. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • I think the most accurate way is to load the specific actor/character if they have one. Zeroing the character and dialing the figure in should also work.

• I always thought that the correct way to load a character to have it look like the promos was to load the base character it says you need then apply the character by clicking on the preset.  Otherwise it would not be the same. But I could be wrong.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

I use the Actor icons to load and then choose the makeups, eye colors etc. Of course I sometimes mix and match textures from different figures and play with morphs to tweak them a bit. Fun! smiley

edited September 2016

I always thought that the correct way to load a character to have it look like the promos was to load the base character it says you need then apply the character by clicking on the preset.  Otherwise it would not be the same. But I could be wrong.

Doing it that way, you would have gotten option C on both of these. (Not good.)  But it could be different depending on who the base figure is.

Always fun to see typos that are glaring. Second Circle is the vendor, not Cirlce (Featured Artist Stores.) 

And love the Warrior Monk promos- shows the poses really nicely!  It includes laying, sitting and STRIDING, which is one that is always needed!

Post edited by Novica on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The Actor icon is the correct way to load the character.  If you load the base figure and dial up the morph then I think any scaling used on the character will be missing.

The Actor icon is the correct way to load the character.  If you load the base figure and dial up the morph then I think any scaling used on the character will be missing.

That's the way I do it (the Actor icon.) But unfortunately, they aren't all there. I've had to go into the >Characters and those folders to get the morphs and materials on quite a few. Wish it were a requirement to have an Actor icon. We need a standardized approach.

• I usually just load the actor as well, mostly cause that the fastest lol.  I never noticed much of a difference doing it either way so I switched to just clicking on the actor as the fastest way.  But I haven't done any testing on it either.  I'm going to have to check it out from now on just to see what happens.  Of course, for most of the V4 characters you HAVE to load her first since they are mostly morph and materials presets.

• I am pleased to report V3Digitimes has written me a nice email to assist me in making my character's skins less orange. If anyone wants to see a few images of male characters with tanned skin, I will post later.  

Would love it. If you post it on your thread, just let us know and we'll surf over there.

edited September 2016

Not sure what the discounts are supposed to be but the Aiko 7 Head Morph Kit isn't doing 50%.  It's 5.65   Also, Vidra Hair is 5.98   Am I missing a sale notification or is this just another boo boo?

Edit: on the Flash Sale thread in Commons, it appears this is not a scheduled discount. The still new items are doing 66-67% ish.

Post edited by Novica on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Novica said:

Not sure what the discounts are supposed to be but the Aiko 7 Head Morph Kit isn't doing 50%.  It's 5.65   Also, Vidra Hair is 5.98   Am I missing a sale notification or is this just another boo boo?

Edit: on the Flash Sale thread in Commons, it appears this is not a scheduled discount. The still new items are doing 66-67% ish.

... if you have two in the cart.
     Seems to work for the "STILL NEW RELEASES"

• I put this question out in the Commons, but did anyone pick up the Western Outlaw 2.0 for Genesis 3 Male?  The promos and description are very frustrating.  No pictures of the back of the coat, or the back of the outfit without the coat and no list of morphs.  Just wondering if anyone that has it can show some renders.  It would be especially nice to see if there is a morph for access to the sidearm with the coat still on.  Anyone?

Kerya said:

Well, it was a good deal (they fixed it.) They now are 17.45 when both are in the cart,they were $11.63.  

Sorry, only have Western Outlaw Genesis 2. 

• Novica said:
    Kerya said:

Well, it was a good deal (they fixed it.) They now are 17.45 when both are in the cart,they were $11.63.  

Sorry, only have Western Outlaw Genesis 2. 

Yeah, I have that one and there are issues I don't like with that one, but I work with them.  It would be nice if those issues weren't in the new outfit.

For those of you who want to get the most bang for the buck, and really only want the Starter Bundle for Sunny- add the First Date Outfit to your cart. Here's why-

*you end up getting that outfit for 69 cents

*that outfit has a sit morph

*that outfit has a "longer" for the skirt- which makes it family friendly.  The promo threw me off, I thought "Here's another short skirt." NOT TRUE! 

By adding that second item, your bundle price drops. Without the dress, it's $37.78. With the dress (which drops to 6.99 from 8.38)  the bundle drops to 31.48.

So you have $37.78 with just the Starter Bundle, or $38.47 with the dress, which has nice morphs listed, and those totals have only 68 cents difference.

• In todays case - since also the Single Items are strongly discounted  and the Bundle discounts are not extremly good - if you don't want everything out of a bundle it is worth to try out if it cheaper seperatly.

The standard "if you want at least 4 extra products out of the bundles, get the Pro Bundle" rule is not necessarily true this time...

edited September 2016

Here's Lindsey. I really like Vidra Hair!  LOL,  I don't like the Aerial Suspended Instant Poses under "Suspended" in Poses, instead of Aerial. Please name the files what the product is!  (And this pose is tweaked.)  The Carnival Bigtop interior has a nice backdrop for trapeze/hoop activities.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited September 2016

Here's a closeup of Vidra Hair. It's spunky!  

I think there's going to be posing problems with the mouth. I'm going to do a regular smile tonight, and we'll see about the ends of the mouth. (the pulling, I think the cheeks look a tad bit bloated where the mouth indents into them.) 

LindseySunny3.jpg
    546 x 721 - 265K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited September 2016

Here is a quick Iray render of the Farmyard.  This is a super nice set, interior barn and exterior, lots of optons, things turn on and off nicely, all of the pieces and parts are separate and easily found.  This is at 23% as its getting late and I need to go to bed in a bit.  I really like the look of the plants and the the texture on the buildings etc is really nice.

Late Afternoon.jpg
    1186 x 948 - 974K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited September 2016

Really  like Vidra hair. I bet it wouldn't look too bad on a male character either. =-)

Post edited by Serene Night on
This discussion has been closed.