Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

It loads straight up as is, not as a map. It's a full model. I thought it might have been a texture for the regular M3 tunic, but this one doesn't appear to be.

Is it loading as "Kirk's Errand of Mercy shirt" or does it have another name? What I mean is, when you load it into the work window what does it say up by the Preview tab?

• DemonslayerDemonslayer Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

TunicM3.cr2 which appears to be a poser file.

edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure I got it from DAZ. The problem is, it might be a discontinued item.

edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure I got it from DAZ. The problem is, it might be a discontinued item.

Check your Saladin thread at Tamerlane. I asked you another question there.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Just more pretty images.

Asteroids_2.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 614K
    Asteroids.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 578K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited November 2012

Picard for M4 - http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=144565
    Riker - http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=146204

these on first page take u nowhere

Post edited by MotoTsume on
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Maybe they refer to the archived forum entries?

edited December 1969

Thalek said:

don't really matter what they refer to, they don't take you anywhere, so should be fixed or removed as well as the same for all the werts morphs (which i really need, but can't get :( ).

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

question directed towards Ptrope but any comment is ok. just looking for best guess on size of the crossbow. if go by the windows of the two ships this looks like about the size of the two ships together

size.jpg
    700 x 700 - 263K
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    Thalek said:

don't really matter what they refer to, they don't take you anywhere, so should be fixed or removed as well as the same for all the werts morphs (which i really need, but can't get :( ).

I agree the links need to be seen to. But didn't someone else post those somewhere? Thought they did.

• hinslemhinslem Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

I need some help!

I have a great model of Kirk's shirt from "Errand of Mercy" and I do not remember where I got it. Problem is, it crashes every time I open a file I saved it into.

Here's the shirt:
    http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq353/Raymar3d/Costumes/KirkTunic-1.jpg

Here's the one Kirk wore:
    http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq353/Raymar3d/Costumes/errandofmercyhd571-1.jpg

It is an M3 Tunic, but I can't find the original source file. It's still in my runtime, but like I said, it crashes when re-opened.

Ken

I, too, have that tunic, but not sure where I got it from. I also have a similar tunic that comes with identical belts, so I assume it's by the same artist. The tunic on the right is from DAZ, just listed as Tunic Pack, but it's for Michael and Victoria 1&2.

Could it have been part of the default preinstalled content that came with an earlier version of DAZ Studio?

Mark.

tunics.jpg
    600 x 600 - 56K
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    question directed towards Ptrope but any comment is ok. just looking for best guess on size of the crossbow. if go by the windows of the two ships this looks like about the size of the two ships together

Honestly, I was trying to make the Crossbow-class roughly the size of the Constitution - the saucer is a little larger, so with everything pulled in tighter, it should be a similar length. Nothing was measured out in making this - I was going more for the look of the thing than getting into all the nuts and bolts of how many feet, how many decks, etc. Sorry - I realize all of that isn't very helpful ;).

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Data toon start...

These TNG toons are great :). Are they based on an existing figure, or are you starting from scratch? Data looks esp. good.

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

works for me thanks

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited November 2012

Had some inspiration over the last week to start a quick Mirror Mirror universe graphic novel.

Yeah I know I owe two others.

But I'm stoked over this story.

It's based upon the concept of a What If....

What if.... say after...thousands of years, men suddenly found themselves ousted from power and position, but taken to an extreme.

"Men have held women down like a cork underwater for too long...that cork has just jumped above the water...things are going to an extreme."

Update : The Captain's Woman image has been updated . All the derogatory names to describe the captain's woman have been dropped for one term.
    Hetaera.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetaera

Characters so far are:
    Captain Kristen McAlley (Mirror Mirror Universe)
    Angela Robart (Mirror Mirror Universe)
    Commander Angela Robart (Federation)
    Deanna Troi - Empress's Dagger (Mirror Mirror Universe)

Yet to come:
    Empress Beverly Crucher (Mirror Mirror Universe)
    The Son (Wesley)
    Grand Admiral Picard (Mirror Mirror Universe)

and a few more.
    lager version can be found in my gallery over at DA : http://pdsmith.deviantart.com/gallery/40414831

Talk to you to later.

daz_-_Angela_Robart-captains_woman_final.jpg
    464 x 600 - 186K
    daz-troi.jpg
    464 x 600 - 238K
    daz-Angela_Robart_commander.jpg
    464 x 600 - 216K
    daz-Kristen_McAlley.jpg
    618 x 800 - 372K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
    edited December 1969

Other than the women are dressing like sex slaves in a supposedly female-dominated society, I like it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the sexy outfits; I just think it unlikely that a female-dominated society would be inclined to continue wearing outfits so overtly intended to attract the male eye. Much as I enjoy the eye candy, it doesn't feel true to the story premise.

Just my .02 cr; your story, your call.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

I know way to much about all of this since I have been the co-author on this. Paul has combed history to come up with with some interesting parts for this story. The story line is well thought out and is really going to upset some while others will be screaming for more! It will be interesting to see how the members here react.

edited November 2012

Thalek said:
    Other than the women are dressing like sex slaves in a supposedly female-dominated society, I like it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the sexy outfits; I just think it unlikely that a female-dominated society would be inclined to continue wearing outfits so overtly intended to attract the male eye. Much as I enjoy the eye candy, it doesn't feel true to the story premise.

I agree, but at the same time I see some things would or could be almost ingrained and stay the same...who knows what 100 years later of almost no men around could do to the look and behavior of the populace. Clothing could stay the stay the same...styles once meant to attract...could be used to intimidate. it's a knife edge of speculation.

I could go in to a dissertation of the things I've researched in support of this story and how things would and wouldn't change. But will leave it as ...

TO EVERYONE ELSE....NOW IF YOU CAN...GO VOTE! ABSTAINING FROM VOTING IS ONE VOTE LESS THAT COULD SEND EITHER ONE OF THE CANDIDATES PACKING.

Update : The image for the Captain's woman has bee has been updated. All derogatory names for the captain's woman have been dropped for one term.
    Hetaera.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetaera

edited December 1969

think I will abstain :P

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

A little render of Hoshi and T'Pol

TPol_Hoshi_head_shot_sml.jpg
    800 x 496 - 125K
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:

It can, really. Just because a society might be female dominated, they still are going to want to be female and feminine, you're not going to see Janet Reno wannabes in crew cuts, outfits that look like burlap sacks and crox. I mean Miss Nicholes on TOS said she had no problems with short shirts on the Enterprise, a sorta liberation you can say she said. And a girl is still wanting to look good for her man, or woman, whatever the case may be.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

You think about it, the whole "dressing like a sex slave" even though they are the dominate ones means they keep the men distracted and under control.

edited November 2012

And now for the last major player.

Empress Beverly Howard...

I'm still looking for the morph and a good skin texture for Picard...he only plays a small roll, but if he's seen...people will want him to look good if not close.

All characters are V4 and their eye's are 3DS Ravenmoon's. http://www.runtimedna.com/3DS-Raven-Moon.html

Not to play word games, but the graphic novel is very specific in words... but Empress Beverly Howard's goal is to rule....not dominate...men dominate, yes it's a fine line, but something of this style needs to be handled carefully.

Starting work on it tonight.

daz-Beverly-Crusher_final.jpg
    618 x 800 - 356K
    edited November 2012

PDSmith said:
    And now for the last major player.

Empress Beverly Howard...

I'm still looking for the morph and a good skin texture for Picard...he only plays a small roll, but if he's seen...people will want him to look good if not close.

All characters are V4 and their eye's are 3DS Ravenmoon's. http://www.runtimedna.com/3DS-Raven-Moon.html

Check your PMs.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

I think Werts used to use the Sol Elite texture for his M4 Picard. I'd have to check my archives.

So, Beverly married into the long-lived Howard family? Fascinating!

edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    I think Werts used to use the Sol Elite texture for his M4 Picard. I'd have to check my archives.

Howard was her maiden name. She married Jack Crusher- and in the final episode's alternate timeline, Captain Picard.

edited December 1969

hinslem said:
    I need some help!

I have a great model of Kirk's shirt from "Errand of Mercy" and I do not remember where I got it. Problem is, it crashes every time I open a file I saved it into.

Here's the shirt:
    http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq353/Raymar3d/Costumes/KirkTunic-1.jpg

Here's the one Kirk wore:
    http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq353/Raymar3d/Costumes/errandofmercyhd571-1.jpg

It is an M3 Tunic, but I can't find the original source file. It's still in my runtime, but like I said, it crashes when re-opened.

Ken

I, too, have that tunic, but not sure where I got it from. I also have a similar tunic that comes with identical belts, so I assume it's by the same artist. The tunic on the right is from DAZ, just listed as Tunic Pack, but it's for Michael and Victoria 1&2.

Could it have been part of the default preinstalled content that came with an earlier version of DAZ Studio?

Mark.

I don't think it was included with DAZ Studio, but there were a few bundles that it might have come from. Probably it was from a Michael 1 or 2 set that was M3 compatible that has been discontinued because I do a search for 'tunic' and there's no sign of it in the DAZ store.

I really want to use it because it is dead-on perfect and ready to use.

*sigh*

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Thalek said:

Howard was her maiden name. She married Jack Crusher- and in the final episode's alternate timeline, Captain Picard.

I didn't know that was her maiden name. I was making a sly reference to the Howard families in some of Heinlein's novels. I think they are first mentioned in "If This Goes On . . ."

edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Thalek said:

I didn't know that was her maiden name. I was making a sly reference to the Howard families in some of Heinlein's novels. I think they are first mentioned in "If This Goes On . . ."

Yes. It's mentioned a couple of times during the series.

edited November 2012

FOUND IT!

Part of the 3d Starter Pack!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/3d-starter-pack

Reset download!

Ken :)

Post edited by Demonslayer on
This discussion has been closed.