Welcome to the November 2012 Freebie Challenge!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Mavelle said:
    Hi Rob
    My donation for this month contest is another part from my furniture our loungesuite and the computer table you can see yourself who get's it.
    Just like before I will provide kendall the links if he is agree to that.

Just for the record: (are you paying attention Music? you can put this in the info if you like :-) ) I will happily host the freebie prizes for as long as the hosts, ETO's, DAZ, and the Challenge Users are OK with it.

Kendall

you becha I 'm down with that one

Me too, after all Kendall has been hosting my contributions for a while now anyway :)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    jeeperz said:
    Mavelle said:
    Hi Rob
    My donation for this month contest is another part from my furniture our loungesuite and the computer table you can see yourself who get's it.

Just for the record: (are you paying attention Music? you can put this in the info if you like :-) ) I will happily host the freebie prizes for as long as the hosts, ETO's, DAZ, and the Challenge Users are OK with it.

Kendall

you becha I 'm down with that one

Me too, after all Kendall has been hosting my contributions for a while now anyway :)

Fine with me as well.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited November 2012

Mavelle said:
    Hi Rob

Kendall

ermmm...ok....but I am not hosting this month, Robkelk is. You need to talk to him, not me. He wrote the info.

However, I do have a entry gift I made just for this month's theme. I want to give a copy of it to all who enter and are accepted. Can you, by chance, put this up to give to them. Then Robkelk can just give all that enter a link to it.

Here it is....a memorial for our fallen. It is designed for a character, of their choice, to be put on top like a statue. A Fireman, Policeman, Soldier...etc. They pick. Or just leave it empty. The side areas have a bench, and can be used to house reefs. I rendered this in DS 3, with 6 spot lights and 6 pointlights.

Right now it is in .obj format, so if my Poser will work without crashing, I will convert it to a .pp2 file.

once again, let me know if you can host it and IT WILL GO TO ALL WHO ENTER.

:-)

MemorialDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 165K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited November 2012

music2u4u said:
    Mavelle said:
    Hi Rob

Kendall

ermmm...ok....but I am not hosting this month, Robkelk is. You need to talk to him, not me. He wrote the info.

However, I do have a entry gift I made just for this month's theme. I want to give a copy of it to all who enter and are accepted. Can you, by chance, put this up to give to them. Then Robkelk can just give all that enter a link to it.

Here it is....a memorial for our fallen. It is designed for a character, of their choice, to be put on top like a statue. A Fireman, Policeman, Soldier...etc. They pick. Or just leave it empty. The side areas have a bench, and can be used to house reefs. I rendered this in DS 3, with 6 spot lights and 6 pointlights.

Right now it is in .obj format, so if my Poser will work without crashing, I will convert it to a .pp2 file.

@red: I know, I just didn't want you to get too complacent... :-) Gotta keep some people on their toes, ya know. :lol:

@blue: sure, if you wish it I'll do it.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Kendall, check your pm box.

• skipper25skipper25 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Quote: "Here it is….a memorial for our fallen. It is designed for a character, of their choice, to be put on top like a statue. A Fireman, Policeman, Soldier…etc. They pick. Or just leave it empty. The side areas have a bench, and can be used to house reefs. I rendered this in DS 3, with 6 spot lights and 6 pointlights. "

That's an interesting arrangement, Music, made dramatic by the use of spotlights. I like it.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

and very touching too I thought, well done music

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Mavelle said:
    Hi Rob

Certainly, and thank you! I'm sure the third-place winner would love to receive something in addition to that gift certificate.
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Mavelle said:
    Hi Rob

Kendall

You're very kind to offer this, music! Thank you, and I accept on behalf of all this month's entrants.

Oh, and I think I can squeeze you in as a judge... :)

edited December 1969

Mavelle said:
    Hi Rob

Kendall
    Anything that makes my job easier is welcome ("on account of I am lazy," to quote Daffy Duck). Accepted with thanks!

Now I just have to figure out how to get Dollygirl's gift off of 4shared ... (and I'm an I.T. documenter by trade - you'd think I'd be able to figure out their system :P )

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Looking Forward to your Render DanaTA. I see you are very into the contest, I hope you find the time to do the work need around your home and get a render or renders entered in the contest. I hope the information provided about the prizes offered just for entering the contest have fired up all followers so that I can see some Renders before long, and that DanaTA is ready to render as well. This is the fourth contest I have helped Sponsor and I'm looking forward to what you all do, the other contest's were (are) fun. I hope to have as much fun this month in this one.

I thought the contest might have more followers by this time as the prizes are very good. I hope to see more users join in and discuss the contest idea or ask a question about the contest. If you are rendering as you read this, GOOD for you!

The freebie challenges run all month - there's usually an upswell of posts in the second week, after everyone's tracked down the freebies they're going to use in their renders and laid out their scenes.

The second week of this month includes Remembrance Day / Veterans' Day on November 11, as well; perhaps people are waiting for that thematically-appropriate day to start posting renders. (If so, I'll remind everyone that one can sort-of make November 5 fit the theme as well, with a lot of forcing and a bit of gunpowder... :) )

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ummm... I can't help it. I love contest and fidget while I chew fingernails until they get going.... Nibble nibble...

edited November 2012

Lest We Forget - The Suffragist

It has been 92 years, 2 months and 17 days that we as American women have had the US Constitutional right to vote. In two days we as "citizens" of the United States will be asked to invoke that right once again. I hope that you will not waste such a precious gift as was given by these women. They never got to see the 19th Amendment ratified by all 48 states. That event did not occur until March 22, 1984 when Mississippi ratified the amendment 84 years later. It took these women 50 years just to get the amendment into Congress, in those days that was at least 2 generations working together to reach their goals. Pretty amazing when we start complaining about issues not getting resolved in less than 10 years. I know that we are more inclined to admire the people that have more dangerous jobs but the Suffragist should be as admired as the others. It is her tenacity, diligence, wiliness to face censure and physical danger that should make her one of our heroes. So don't forget to vote.

Thanks Rob for this challenge. I really enjoyed looking through old pictures and reading about the movement.

Freebies:

Background: Floor Niké:Art Corner by Nike. Bottom of page
    Environment: Lighting InaneGlory's Simple Soft Lighting by InaneGlory.
    Prop: Bunting Curtain N180511 by Peter White. Requires conversion to obj
    Prop: Bunting Curtain 3 N220811 by Vyacheslav Dovalev. Requires conversion to obj
    Prop: Bunting Curtain N180411 by Diana Shtok. Requires conversion to obj
    Prop: Flag Free Morphing Flag Prop by mostdigitalcreations. 12th down
    Prop: Flower Marigold by mambanegra. flower
    Prop: Garland * Garland and Ornaments by Traveler.
    Prop: Scroll * Morphing Scroll by Eric VanDycke.
    Prop: Shield * Shield ecu 2 by sebastien. "
    Prop: US Seal * OP Base IV by A. Gunsolley.
    Shader: Metals * Ultimate Shader Pack for DAZ Studio by Georgehaze.
    Victoria: Clothing: Boots * Cosplay Costumes 5 for V4 by Terrymcg.
    Victoria: Clothing: Dress * Texture Challenge 11 by Sanbie.
    Victoria: Clothing: Dress * Gothic for V4 part 1 by Arah.
    Victoria: Clothing: Dress * Gothic for V4 part 2 by Arah.
    Victoria: Clothing: Glasses Prae's Pince-Nez for her to peer through by Prae.
    Victoria: Clothing: Hat * Plague Doctor - Michael 4 by DryJack. under kessiah at Renderosity
    Victoria: Clothing: Sash * Sash for Posette by Nerd3D.
    Victoria: Pose * V4 - A girl for all Seasons by just_last_knight.
    Victoria: Texture and Morph * alta_V4Riho by alongtimeago.

No Count:
    Victoria and Morphs++
    Prop: Ballet Victorian Valentine by Ness Period Reproductions. Ness has not fixed his site to accept anyone from DAZ

Paid For:
    Victoria: Hair * Jade Hair by DAZ 3D, goldtassel.

* - Registration to site is required.

Rendered in DAZ Studio Pro 4.5 Post work to fix a poke through and to add signature.

Fixed the garland link and changed the title for the boots link.

TheSuffragist-DAZ.jpg
    618 x 800 - 543K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

It has been 92 years, 2 months and 17 days that we as American women have had the US Constitutional right to vote. In two days we as "citizens" of the United States will be asked to invoke that right once again. I hope that you will not waste such a precious gift as was given by these women. They never got to see the 19th Amendment ratified by all 48 states. That event did not occur until March 22, 1984 when Mississippi ratified the amendment 84 years later. It took these women 50 years just to get the amendment into Congress, in those days that was at least 2 generations working together to reach their goals. Pretty amazing when we start complaining about issues not getting resolved in less than 10 years. I know that we are more inclined to admire the people that have more dangerous jobs but the Suffragist should be as admired as the others. It is her tenacity, diligence, wiliness to face censure and physical danger that should make her one of our heroes. So don't forget to vote.

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=31048_CJwI7fBAcoDZ15Bi5hPk&thumb=1&board_id=1

Very nice job! It's amazing to think this nation, boasting freedom and equality, had so many inequality issues for so long! And to some degree we still have some issues. Still, wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Wow...a wonderful concept brilliantly realized of a pivotal point in American history. An absolutely outstanding piece of work. This one is going to be a tough act to follow...

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Thanks Rob for this challenge. I really enjoyed looking through old pictures and reading about the movement.

Freebies:

Prop: Bunting Curtain 3 N220811 by Vyacheslav Dovalev. Requires conversion to obj
    Prop: Garland * Gothic Christmas Tree by Traveler. prop
    Victoria: Clothing: Boots * Taarna by Terrymcg.
    Victoria: Clothing: Hat * Plague Doctor - Michael 4 by DryJack. under kessiah at Renderosity

No Count:
    Victoria and Morphs++
    Prop: Ballet Victorian Valentine by Ness Period Reproductions. Ness has not fixed his site to accept anyone from DAZ

Paid For:

Rendered in DAZ Studio Pro 4.5 Post work to fix a poke through and to add signature.

I must admit that, of all the takes on the theme I expected to see, I didn't expect this to be one of them...

As the host, I should refrain from offering commentary on any of the entries - especially the early ones. I don't want other people's creativity to be channeled by what they think I want to see (other than what I posted when I revealed the theme), after all. I must remember to comment on the entries after the winners are announced...

As for the freebies, your link for "Taarna" currently points to "Cosplay Costume 5 for V4." While I'd appreciate a fixed link, you have more than enough other free items to qualify.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Freebies:

Prop: Garland * Gothic Christmas Tree by Traveler. prop
    Victoria: Clothing: Boots * Taarna by Terrymcg.

No Count:
    Victoria and Morphs++

Paid For:

Very patriotic Dollygirl. Nice pose. All your links work fine, but I do not see the gothic christmas tree, the boots I can't make out also. Still plenty of freebies...good ones too!

TheSuffragist-DAZ.jpg
    386 x 500 - 49K
    edited November 2012

music2u4u said:
    Very patriotic Dollygirl. Nice pose. All your links work fine, but I do not see the gothic christmas tree, the boots I can't make out also. Still plenty of freebies...good ones too!

I can see the boots. (They're close to the same colour as the floor, which is what may be throwing you off.) As for the tree, I believe she's deformed it to serve as the garland in front of Vicky...
    Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

Thank you everybody.

Rob Music was right about the Christmas Tree I clicked on the wrong record in my database. These computers, don't they know not to do things when they know it is wrong? So I fixed the link. I also renamed the link for the boots to the title Terry uses at Rendo. If you down load the outfit he calls it Taarna, my bad. And Music, Terry has a wickedly high reflection on those boots and I put a reflection on the floor so that is why you can't see them very well. They look like they are a part of that pretty lavendar rose marble.

Oh LG you so can make a girl blush. I am taking lessons from you don't you know? How am I doing? Maybe my next entry should be about you. Yah, the Noir set you did last month was beautiful and interesting. Love that technique.

Dana, it is sad but true and yes I still want to live here.

Rob, I am glad I surprized you. I think that your challenge is special. It gives us an opportunity to share some of our own not so well known heros. I understand why you do not want to comment on renders. Being a judge, I too, sometimes wonder just how far I should take my comments.

I just want to say that this render was a lot of fun. I did a lot of model bashing and having the pro version of DAZ let me realize my vision. I can't thank DAZ enough for giving us the ability to do this kind of work.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Dollygirl. The entry is still good, of course...

edited November 2012

robkelk said:
    music2u4u said:

I can see the boots. (They're close to the same colour as the floor, which is what may be throwing you off.) As for the tree, I believe she's deformed it to serve as the garland in front of Vicky...

Well, I can see that there are boots, but there just is not enough showing to say that they are the boots the link goes to. That's why one rule says..."must be CLEARLY seen". To avoid any confusion.

The garland...I see. I was looking for a Gothic christmas tree, not a garland. That's why I couldn't find it.

I want to commend you Dollygirl for thinking of all the women out there and paying tribute to the struggles and the oppression they had to overcome to get the right to vote. I would have never thought to do this. It's quite a special render.

Oh and as for LG....beware of dat real man...he will sneek up on you and scare you...lol.

edited November 2012

I worked on "Carter's General Store" a little today at the clinic between patients. I made the cash register...an old National. I have the pot belly stove made, and the shelves for the interior. It's coming along real nice.

OldCashRegisterDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 80K
    OldCashRegisterDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 66K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Well, I can see that there are boots, but there just is not enough showing to say that they are the boots the link goes to. That's why one rule says..."must be CLEARLY seen". To avoid any confusion.

Well our suffragist is a lady so she will have to graciously decline pulling her skirt up for you to see. :red:

music2u4u said:
    The garland...I see. I was looking for a Gothic christmas tree, not a garland. That's why I couldn't find it.

My bad Music. I know how confusing it is. Who did you say was on first base? What, you say? %-P

I want to commend you Dollygirl for thinking of all the women out there and paying tribute to the struggles and the oppression they had to overcome to get the right to vote. I would have never thought to do this. It's quite a special render.

Oh and as for LG....beware of dat real man...he will sneek up on you and scare you...lol.

Thanks Music. Voting is a hot debate at our house. Being a Vet myself I think that voting is the most important thing a citizen should do.
    Oh that real man, I can just see himself trying to deal with a lady that could be his great grandmother only now she is a hot babe!

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Very nice Dollygirl, love the render. great start to the month. been so busy trying to get my runtime filled so I can do a render.

edited November 2012

Dollygirl said:
    Oh that real man, I can just see himself trying to deal with a lady that could be his great grandmother only now she is a hot babe!

I didn't never know my great-grandma. She passed long before I come around...but my grandma! Whooo! Dere was a pistol of a woman! Anyways...

Hey, dere...'s'me again, Louie, Da Real Man! Hooooh boy! Wadda week I've bin havin', lemme tell ya! Guess youse guys been readin' 'bout it. Hey, we all got our troubles, right? It ain't so bad f'me as it is some folks whats lost everytin'. No house, no cars, no nuthin'! Food 'n' water's runnin' short and dere ain't been no electrical since las' week. But, hey! Since dis whole Challenge is about people helpin' people and all dat, I jus' wanna say a great big tanks t'all dose people what been helpin' folks gits back on dere feet after dis here storm. Dats allada police, firefighters, da Red Cross an' udda reliefe agencies out dere an' all of everybody, da common folk and da little guys, lendin' a helpin' hand t' git da greatest city in da woild up oudda dis mess an' back t' woik! M' hat's off to youse guys!

1.) Shawn for M4++ Character Morph. Registration Required.

2.) Moustache 19th from Top.

3.) Mitch Hair

4.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right.

5.) The Fedora Registration Required.

6.) Have A Drink for M4 and V4 Beer Bottle. Registration Required.

7.) Bos Ter2 Boston Terrier Figure. 3rd Item from Top.

8.) Newspaper Stands 4th Row, 2nd Item. 3DS Format.

9.) Fuel Can Registration Required.

10.) Cola Cup 9th Item from Top.

11.) Morphing Moving Box Registration Required.

12.) Liquid Registration Required.

13.) Newspaper Registration Required.

Non-countable items: Michael 4. Paid For: Michael 4 Morphs++ and M4 Casual Wear.

The Newspaper Stands Model was converted to .obj format for import into Studio using PoserRay, available Through This Link Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into easy to use .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

As always, figure and prop set-up in Studio 2.3 and final render in Bryce 5.5. Postwork limited to adding signature and copyright notice.

!Real_Man_Flooded.jpg
    725 x 609 - 448K
    Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
    edited December 1969

Hey, dere...'s'me again, Louie, Da Real Man! Hooooh boy! Wadda week I've bin havin', lemme tell ya! Guess youse guys been readin' 'bout it. Hey, we all got our troubles, right? It ain't so bad f'me as it is some folks whats lost everytin'. No house, no cars, no nuthin'! Food 'n' water's runnin' short and dere ain't been no electrical since las' week. But, hey! Since dis whole Challenge is about people helpin' people and all dat, I jus' wanna say a great big tanks t'all dose people what been helpin' folks gits back on dere feet after dis here storm. Dats allada police, firefighters, da Red Cross an' udda reliefe agencies out dere an' all of everybody, da common folk and da little guys, lendin' a helpin' hand t' git da greatest city in da woild up oudda dis mess an' back t' woik! M' hat's off to youse guys!

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=31325_ZETuf91TDtfmhuFQnveK&thumb=1&board_id=1

Wow, great one! Good job blending the 3D water with the real water in the background photo! Poor doggie, though. :)

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Wow, great one! Good job blending the 3D water with the real water in the background photo! Poor doggie, though. :) Dana

Waddaya mean, "Poor doggie"?!? Dat mutt's dryer den I am! It's my feets dat's innda watta! Sheeesh!

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Wow, great one! Good job blending the 3D water with the real water in the background photo! Poor doggie, though. :) Dana

Waddaya mean, "Poor doggie"?!? Dat mutt's dryer den I am! It's my feets dat's innda watta! Sheeesh!

Have you heard the expression "barrel roll"? Poor doggie has his paw out, hoping someone will rescue him. Besides, is this this first time your feet got wet mista?

Well, at least it's not a cat. Da Real Man would have scratches on his back by now! :-P

Dana

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

I didn't never know my great-grandma. She passed long before I come around...but my grandma! Whooo! Dere was a pistol of a woman! Anyways...

1.) Shawn for M4++ Character Morph. Registration Required.

2.) Moustache 19th from Top.

3.) Mitch Hair

4.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right.

5.) The Fedora Registration Required.

6.) Have A Drink for M4 and V4 Beer Bottle. Registration Required.

7.) Bos Ter2 Boston Terrier Figure. Registration Required.

8.) Newspaper Stands 4th Row, 2nd Item. 3DS Format.

9.) Fuel Can Registration Required.

10.) Cola Cup 9th Item from Top.

11.) Morphing Moving Box Registration Required.

12.) Liquid Registration Required.

13.) Newspaper Registration Required.

Non-countable items: Michael 4. Paid For: Michael 4 Morphs++ and M4 Casual Wear.

The Newspaper Stands Model was converted to .obj format for import into Studio using PoserRay, available Through This Link Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into easy to use .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

As always, figure and prop set-up in Studio 2.3 and final render in Bryce 5.5. Postwork limited to adding signature and copyright notice.

Hey there, Real Man! Good to see you keeping your head above water, and rescuing that beer!

I got a bit of bad news ... that doggone dog's gone - he's run away from ShareCG. But you've got enough other stuff in there that you're still golden.

ENTRY ACCEPTED - expect a PM sometime in the next couple of days with the entry gifts.

edited December 1969

A word to those who would hear it...

I wasn't going to hint at what the Bonus Game is. However, it would be remiss of me to not mention that you might want this week's Daz3D freebie for it. Assuming you can't find one that's better elsewhere, of course.