Hiro 5 Pro Bundle is in the store!

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Submitted a ticket for my missed coupon upon checkout. Have yet to see a response from DAZ Sales help....

It takes a couple of days. Mine took about 3 working days.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Submitted a ticket for my missed coupon upon checkout. Have yet to see a response from DAZ Sales help....

Same. I bought that K-Nicky the other day for 99c and then the Genesis version comes out for free. I sent a refund request yesterday but no word yet. I'm sure everybody is busy, but in the past I would have heard back yesterday already. Support Requests since the upgrade have slowed down a whole lot.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

It can take me days to get refunds. I'm going to bre requesting a few refunds for items that simply do not work properly and I do not want to troubleshoot. It is frustrating to get an item from the store and find the installer is wonky, or the texture doesn't apply correctly.

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    RAMWolff said:

Same. I bought that K-Nicky the other day for 99c and then the Genesis version comes out for free. I sent a refund request yesterday but no word yet. I'm sure everybody is busy, but in the past I would have heard back yesterday already. Support Requests since the upgrade have slowed down a whole lot.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who did this [still waiting too]. I debated putting them to the trouble for a buck, but then, how else will they learn! %-P

And it made it much easier to request another $2.40 credit now they lowered the price on the PC Extravaganza Bundle!

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Not having an income, I figure it's worth the trouble to get my 99c back to put towards something else :P LoL

If only I could get the 99c back before the 99c sale ends -_-

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited December 1969

is there only a Mac Installer for "Hiro 5 Pro Bundle - e Hair Space - DSON Core"?

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

R25S said:
    is there only a Mac Installer for "Hiro 5 Pro Bundle - e Hair Space - DSON Core"?

I was also confused when I saw that, then I realised that it is a typo - should read 'Pure Hair Space'.....they missed off the beginning of the word. :) If you look at your other downloadable installers you will find the matching PC installer.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Cymbidium said:
    R25S said:

I was also confused when I saw that, then I realised that it is a typo - should read 'Pure Hair Space'.....they missed off the beginning of the word. :) If you look at your other downloadable installers you will find the matching PC installer.

DOH! I didn't even realize that!

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

this is all rubbing me the wrong way... why on earth all the clothes all so expensive- $25 each? and why is the clothing-only bundle more expensive than the hiro pro bundle? that's ridiculous! it's like Daz is trying to make the options so you can only get the pro bundle.
    As much as i like Hiro 5, after 2 months of intense sales, having such a tiny window of sales is not enough... I was hoping there would be a better discounted clothing bundle or Hiro only. I can't believe how pricey it all is.

Upside is, that I diD get lots of fantastic stuff during the PA sale even with spending more cautiously, and there were some really nice bundles during the Daz Sale.

So while I'm not thrilled with the way Daz is handling the Hiro 5 rollout I have things to distract me from my disappointment.

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited November 2012

Even if it is PRO bundle THAT little manga thing is not included. So, it's not really pro.
    I think I'm not interested. I find Maybe by Akatora a better anime figure. And still cannot find a big difference between Hiro 5 and Hiro 4 shape for Genesis.

Post edited by Coon Ra on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Coon Ra said:
    Even if it is PRO bundle THAT little manga thing is not included. So, it's not really pro.

What little Manga thing are you referring too? Pro Bundle Content:

This Bundle Includes:
    Hiro 5
    Hiro 5 Starter Bundle
    Octavius
    Night Out Suit
    Pure Hair Space
    Takeo for Hiro 5
    Tera Poses For Hiro 5
    Leathered Up
    Dragon Rage
    Nikkou Hair for Hiro 5
    Pure Hair Sassy
    Arashi for Hiro 5
    Dragon Poses For Hiro 5
    Capsces Poses Hiro 5

Hiro 5 IS included in this bundle!

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

The thing that is always usless for anime but usually indispensable for most kinds of manga. Anyway, it was included in M5 Pro, so I have it.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,245
    edited December 1969

I'm passing and might buy the Octavius outfit when it's released solo. That Night Out suit is too wonky looking and doesn't look like real men's clothing.

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I'm passing and might buy the Octavius outfit when it's released solo. That Night Out suit is too wonky looking and doesn't look like real men's clothing.

Yeah, and it doesn't look like it has any morphs to open or do anything spiffy ... I mean there's the really nice morphing business suit that came out not too long ago, with tons of morphs and set up for shaders and lots of awesome addons... admittedly I did not buy it either due to price, but it had a lot of stuff that seemed to justify the price range at least a bit!

So I'm not really getting what sets this suit into the $25 value range?

Same with leathered up... It looks cool, but at $25 base price I sure hope it's got some amazing morphs and extra textures included.

None of the promos or "whats included' mention more textures or morphs, and the only textures besides the plain base for the suit and somewhat simple one for Leathered up, you'll need to either use some of the fantastic fabricator shaders (or other shaders, like some that came with super suit or Calida3D's very nice shaders) or buy the extra packs.

I'm really not getting it.

Love the new body for Hiro 4, especially the height- nice work by Mallen Lane again. But wow, the bundles are super disappointing and I'm holding off for now.

Hitomi was full of awesome, btw. :)

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

I was ill yesterday and missed the chance to get Hiro at the low price.

I hate all these 'blink and you miss it' offers, my migraines mean I miss them and then I feel down.

I also seem to get the emails on the last day half the time. Had that for a few things now.

Couldn't this have been available for 3 or 4 days?

I have spent so much money with Daz over the years, been in the Plat Club since it started I believe.

And yet another offer I couldn't take because of one short migraine :(

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This was on sale for 2 days. It went in the store first thing on Tuesday morning, DAZ 3D time.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

...and why is the clothing-only bundle more expensive than the hiro pro bundle?...

What??

Hiro 5 Pro Bundle - $61.23

Hiro 5 Clothing and Hair ONLY Bundle - $48.98

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Cymbidium said:
    R25S said:

DOH! I didn't even realize that!

Lol! :0) I was on the point of raising a help request when I realised the error.......;)

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Sale expiration date? *sigh* Those USED to be on the item's page. This is why I refuse to shop here anymore.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Is anyone else getting very obvious seams with hiro 5 base texture.

hiroseams_2_copy.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 55K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707
    edited December 1969

Check that the right UV set is applied.

edited December 1969

First thing I did:-)

edited December 1969

The furthur away the camera is, the worse it gets. I dropped the shading rate down to 0.1 and that helps but its still just visible.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Coon Ra said:
    The thing that is always usless for anime but usually indispensable for most kinds of manga. Anyway, it was included in M5 Pro, so I have it.

You mean the genitals? You can say genitals you know, or penis, or gens, or toast, or whatever suits you, we're all adults here.

That said, you do know the geo-grafted gens automatically adjusts to other shapes right? So you can still use it on Hiro5. Heck, you could even use it on Hitomi if you wanted to.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756
    edited December 1969

[quote author="Coon Ra" date="1351789339"That said, you do know the geo-grafted gens automatically adjusts to other shapes right? So you can still use it on Hiro5. Heck, you could even use it on Hitomi if you wanted to.

I would say Hitomi wants you to use it on her, but this is a PG rated forum, so I won't. %-P

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Yeah, Hiro 5's skins are really seamed. Why is this? :ohh:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Maybe the artist didn't allow enough "bleed" to make sure that doesn't happen. It's easy to forget that when your on a schedule. When I was remaking the base skin for Bruno and exported from ZBrush there was no option for allowing a 1 or 2 pixel bleed and it's exported on a black background (why, I have no idea) and when testing the skin in DAZ Studio I was getting the same thing. It's an easy fix really. Thank goodness it's only 3 main texture files....

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

For those seeing the seems, what are your Advanced render settings in DS? (they do make a difference)

edited November 2012

...and why is the clothing-only bundle more expensive than the hiro pro bundle?...

What??

Hiro 5 Pro Bundle - $61.23

Hiro 5 Clothing and Hair ONLY Bundle - $48.98

Too bad the right price wasn't showing for me.... I could have used the coupons to 10 dollars off a $50 dollar purchase if I got the clothing set and another item I wanted.... but now the coupons are gone...

Love how messed up the store is :(

All of yesterday, these are the prices that I saw in the store...as you can see below, the clothing only bundle was definitely more expensive than the hiro pro bundle:

price.jpg
    766 x 730 - 377K
    Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 401
    edited December 1969

Am I just cursed today, or has anyone else found that downloading the DSON Core PC files for the Dragon Rage and Night Out texture expansions gets them the Mac .zip files, and vice versa?