How to highlight cloth parts with node tool?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi ,

With node tool selected I can only click on a body part even if I want to choose a clothing part. For example I have a figure loaded with a dress but if I place the arrow anywhere on the dress the body is highlighted. So if I want to manipulate parts of the dress I have to go to the heirachy list menu and click on "dress" then laboriously open each section until I get the part I want to manipulate.

Even more irritating is that when I've finished the edit, the tool reverts back to the genesis figure. Surely there is a way to make the arrow tool choose the exact parts it is resting on?

Comments

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi leonardis...

I believe the reason why the selection tool shows the main figure is because the clothing item is 'Fit To' the figure....

However you can select a node of the clothing in the viewport.... When you hover the pointer over the area that you want to select, Right-Click, and in the context menu select the node for that part of the clothing or the whole clothing figure.

Hope this helps... :)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Also in the Scene tab, you can use right click on any item, and select Expand > Expand from Selection, or even Expand All. It's a lot easier than going through all the body parts one at a time. When you are done, you can do the same, but choose Collapse All.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for both suggestions. They both work.