Bit Of An Update

DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I know I had that contest going right before the forums went kablooey. When they went belly up I'd decided to go ahead and just give everyone who participated a $3 GC or so, but things have been weird with accounting and the way GCs work. Once I know things will work right I'll get it sorted out. Hopefully you guys understand.

On a side note, is there anything you guys would like to ask about? I hadn't been too active here lately, there's been a lot going on. Could use a change of pace honestly. Did just buy a bitchin' new microphone for doing tutorials with.

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Hi Dimension

Just saying hello.

I bought that Skies of Terra a little while ago.

Been too busy to use it.

Working on anything new for Carrara?
    :coolsmile:

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Dimension Theory :)

Good to see you around too ..
    and just saying Hi

• DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
    edited June 2012

Hey guys!

I've not been working on anything Carrara specific, though I do have a lot in the works that will directly support Carrara. Wonderous Wares was made for Carrara first and was going to be Carrara specific before I'd talked to AoA.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/351/

I do have things Carrara specific planned, but they are mostly fun things that I will have to put off until the right times. If all goes planned this month should be active for releases from me. I'd been doing a lot of muddling around behind the curtains.

Btw, how do I do paragraph breaks on these forums?

Post edited by DimensionTheory on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Hey guys!

I've not been working on anything Carrara specific, though I do have a lot in the works that will directly support Carrara. Wonderous Wares was made for Carrara first and was going to be Carrara specific before I'd talked to AoA.

I do have things Carrara specific planned, but they are mostly fun things that I will have to put off until the right times. If all goes planned this month should be active for releases from me. I'd been doing a lot of muddling around behind the curtains.

Btw, how do I do paragraph breaks on these forums?

Good to hear.

Just add extra spaces to create a break.

edited December 1969

Extra spaces?

Like this?

Oh... Touche lol

• edited December 1969

Just saying hi. I always enjoy your work.

Shawn.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited June 2012

The contest prize doesn't really matter much to me. I entered for the fun of the challenge. :coolsmile:

We should have more render challenges, with or without prizes.
    Now that this forum allows polls, we could vote for our favorite entry.

Post edited by de3an on
  • gaffer2gaffer2 Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

you asked so Ive been bugging you your smoke trail was the best i've seen and I've been hopping for a tutorial

• MicioDueMicioDue Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi DT,
    The contest was just an amusement for me too. :) No particular wishes for now, aside of site and forums instead of a wasteland. Perhaps the inspiration will come back again!

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I have a question, not Carrara related though.

I've been trying ot get Genesis Generation X (Upgrade from Gen4) to work in DS4.5 and I can't seem to get it to work. Is than update I need to get?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    I have a question, not Carrara related though.

I've been trying ot get Genesis Generation X (Upgrade from Gen4) to work in DS4.5 and I can't seem to get it to work. Is than update I need to get?

Plugins will need to be updated for DS4.5 -- this likely won't happen until the official release of DS4.5 and the final SDK.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Hey guys!

I missed the original thread for those, but they look fantastic! Very shiny and purdy. :P Looking forward to them.
    edited June 2012

Thanks everyone. This is something I wanted to post that had to do with what I'm currently working on. Trying to get some properly mapped and textured SSS out of it, which looks good until it becomes back lit. Carrara's got a lot of weird things going on with scale and SSS.

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/mA-LRXW_eNQ&hd=1

Post edited by DimensionTheory on
    edited December 1969

gaffer2 said:
    you asked so Ive been bugging you your smoke trail was the best i've seen and I've been hopping for a tutorial

I actually started thinking of a good way I could do a lot of the things like this I'd always meant to. Hopefully I can work something out.

Here's more I wanted to show from current things, the skin shader's glow channel directly contributing to SSS with variable dissipation (so you can affect how far the light travels through her skin). First image is the render, second is the resulting SSS pass and third is another SSS pass done with higher dissipation. You can tell the higher dissipation isn't post blur, since the brighter bits still properly come out much sharper.

I'm coming to find how much I missed trying to make Carrara do these things.
    GlowSSSMapDiss.jpg
    640 x 720 - 37K
    GlowSSSMap.jpg
    640 x 720 - 56K
    GlowSSS.jpg
    640 x 720 - 190K
  • edited December 1969

:blank: Anyone have a working GenX now that 4.5 is official. . . Please tell me I didn't just drop forty on something not going to be updated :(

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Nergali said:
    :blank: Anyone have a working GenX now that 4.5 is official. . . Please tell me I didn't just drop forty on something not going to be updated :(

DS4.5 has not been officially released AFAIK -- it's still an RC.

• edited December 1969

By golly, you are correct. I apologize. I thought I had seen a release announcement. Doh!
    :red: