JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Jack, I think your condition calls for the secret French "cure-it-all" cure, told to me by my uncle in France.

Put a hat on the bedpost. Drink 3+ star Cognac, and keep drinking until you see three hats. When you see three hats, you are cured. If you never see three hats, the cure didn't work but it's a helluva good reason to drink 3+ star Cognac.

:lol:
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,500
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Here you go my official bald wizrad...yep he is blad under that turban.

Background Dia...diabl....you know the one with the stone snakes

My first attentpt is mixing outfits, Witchhunter for M4 pants, belt and shirt. Morocain Dreams for the cape and turbun all thrown on Genesis.

Came out very well!!!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Cheers Totte yeah not bad considering how long it took to make..two days from start to finish. For me that must be a record. :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Nicely done Pete! Good job kit-bashing the outfit as they look well together.

BTW, that's a wicked looking staff he's holding. What set is that from?

edited December 1969

cheers Miss B.

Spear is from the weekly freebie some time ago http://www.daz3d.com/shop/spears-of-destiny

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Cheers Totte yeah not bad considering how long it took to make..two days from start to finish. For me that must be a record. :)

I think I've never spent that much time on a render, but maybe you included rendertime ;-), then it's a different story!

edited December 1969

render time 1 hour in total...two renders.

I usually spend up to a week for most images. But some have taken months.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,120
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

That's dedication :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:

Then I think it was a great idea to join the B.W.C., we will get you up to speed in no time. 50 pushups, now!

If i've kept fiddling that long I would lose interest in the image and be at least five ahead. I sometimes start to plan the next, or the one after the next while making the one I'm currently setting up, but I'm known to have a short attention span, I want things to roll, move, happen!

edited December 1969

LOL some have another name for it Jack.

I don't think in the making of my images there hasn't been any testing or trying out new things. I don't use premade light sets anymore preferring to set my own up from scratch which takes a bit of time.

edited December 1969

That takes time. I Usually start off with a set (often just an UberEnvironment with a HDR, like SimplyLit), then add a few lights to get the light I'm looking for. I often try to play with new things too, or very old stuff (RRRR is good for that).

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Szark said:

Then I think it was a great idea to join the B.W.C., we will get you up to speed in no time. 50 pushups, now!

If i've kept fiddling that long I would lose interest in the image and be at least five ahead. I sometimes start to plan the next, or the one after the next while making the one I'm currently setting up, but I'm known to have a short attention span, I want things to roll, move, happen!

LOL no that is not me. I can't, even if I wanted to, churm out that may images. My imagination isn't that good and it does take time to think of an image to make. But I am open to ideas

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    That takes time. I Usually start off with a set (often just an UberEnvironment with a HDR, like SimplyLit), then add a few lights to get the light I'm looking for. I often try to play with new things too, or very old stuff (RRRR is good for that).
    I do remember the RRRR contests, well the birth of. I still haven't strated on my first RRRR image. I have the items loaded in a DS3A scene. Just got to think what to do with them all. LOL
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

LOL no that is not me. I can't, even if I wanted to, churm out that may images. My imagination isn't that good and it does take time to think of an image to make. But I am open to ideas

I know! Your images are often very well composed, just look at your baldie. A great image (would take me more than 2 days to whip that up).
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Here you go my official bald wizard...yep he is blad under that turban.

My first attempt is mixing outfits, Witchhunter for M4 pants, belt and shirt. Moroccan Dreams for the cape and turban all thrown on Genesis.

EDIT: To correct my poor spelling

Great one and (have I already said?) welcome at the BWC!

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Something which sounds familiar to me :P - I am most times creating a scene at a evening after work, while doing that scene often another one is often already growing in my head... It could happen that I do a scene in DAZ Studio and Poser at the same time *lol* - thats crazy I know...

edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Szark said:

My first attempt is mixing outfits, Witchhunter for M4 pants, belt and shirt. Moroccan Dreams for the cape and turban all thrown on Genesis.

Great one and (have I already said?) welcome at the BWC!LOL You just did sedor. Thanks

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    sedor said:
    Szark said:

LOL You just did sedor. Thanks

Speaking of which, I found this on DA.. does that get me into the BWC by proxy? :lol

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    sedor said:
    Szark said:

LOL You just did sedor. Thanks

Speaking of which, I found this on DA.. does that get me into the BWC by proxy? :lol

Nope ;-)

Finding a picture of Marilyn Monroe won't make you a sex icon either. Btw, did the cure work?

edited December 1969

I got pictures that prove otherwise ;) lol

I do feel a lot better this morning, so yea, I'll chalk that one up as a victory!

edited December 1969

LOL Harry bald....I won't have it...it's not right...but bloody funny. BWC by proxy..."You cannot be serious" (yeah I like John McEnroe)

Glad to hear you are coping with your manflu. ;)

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

It's been a very recursive October for me . . . okay, Jack's stuff used: Moonshine's Diner, Moonshines Diner Interior I, Moonshine's Diner Interior II, Moonshine's Diner Interior III, Parkside Head Interior, Parkside Freight, Moonshines Drive-In Movie Theatre, and although most of it's barely visible (but at least a few pixels each, I checked), Atrophy, Forlorn for Parkside Point Interior (the rubble), Parkside Heath, and Moon Gate.

DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Temporal Anomaly - Scan Detected
    Wow, that's a lot of different product.. nice work :)

Thanks again, did it again -- no new JackTomalin products in the PlatClub this week, so the above list is still good (except that the holo-screen wound up to small in this render for the last few products). DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here (along with links to all my October PlatClub renders).

Temporal Anomaly -- Great-Grandfather Paradox
    Temporal_Anomaly_-_Great-Grandfather_Paradox_x2000.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 930K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

lol.. nice!

We need to see what your highscore is for the most amount of products in a single image :)

edited December 1969

lol.. nice!

We need to see what your highscore is for the most amount of products in a single image :)

Is that a challenge?
    edited December 1969

It could be erm, interesting!

edited December 1969

We need rulez then for example what items are legitimate to use?
    PC items only? How old? Other items?

KickAir 8P, do you pick it up?

theglove.jpg
    600 x 600 - 94K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

lol.. nice!

Thanks! Depends a lot on how you count "products". In my render above I used eleven of yours, but my challenge to myself was to see if I could use every PlatClub item (defined as those listed by Ikyoto as qualifying for the PlatClub Inspirations Contests) released in October 2012 in both my final PC10A Render Contest submission and accumulating throughout the month in my PlatClub Inspirations Contest submissions -- I ended up using 35 (out of 37 possible, since two hairs were released in both Genesis and Mil4 versions and I only bought the Genesis ones). That doesn't count the characters (Benjamin M5 and Reby Sky for Genesis using a Reby Sky V4 Elite texture), the screen effects (Hero FX Xtreme / Hero FX Exp Sci Fi), or the guns (Jade Assassin). Also, I was trying to provide serious competition against renders that weren't made under the same restrictions -- I'd say I managed it with all but the last which has unfixable composition issues necessary to get everything into one shot, and I'm not happy with the lighting out in the parking lot which looks more like a sound-stage than a nighttime outdoor scene lit only by the windows of a nearby building. (I posted it ten minutes before the PC10A-RC deadline, which was 2am my time. I was freaking done. I'm currently at work with less than four hours sleep.)

Prior to this, my high score was twenty-six qualifying products in the 2009 Annual PA SALE Render Contest (aka The One That Started This Mess): "We want to do this one a little different and have some fun . . . the goal of this contest is to use as many of the featured PA items in a render . . . We would like this to be a rolling contest, where participants post early and often, adding to their renders as they go . . . "

We need rulez then for example what items are legitimate to use? PC items only? How old? Other items?

Sorry, can't -- I'm over-committed through the rest of the year. But now you know my high scores. Wasn't somebody on the old forum doing 100+ unique human figures in a single composite pic? That's got me beat!
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    We need rulez then for example what items are legitimate to use?
    PC items only? How old? Other items?

Think somebody wants their arm back,..

black_knight.jpg
    480 x 220 - 98K
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

hmmmm do i want to play with the most products in an image? ....... this could get fun

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

Is this most items or most JackT items? Just asking.

EDIT: Oh, just noticed the PC items post. I should read the full thread.

Post edited by Jaderail on
This discussion has been closed.