Hiro 5 Pro Bundle is in the store!

Comments

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Don't forget PC discount drops back from 40% to 30% on Nov 1st...

That's too bad, that's pretty damn short notice. Especially at the end of 2 months of sales. Nothing left, nada. zilch.
    And it's a bit of a shame that you can't see the individual details of the products in the bundles, so its basically a "buy it now before the sale changes even if you aren't sure exactly what you're getting" deal which is kinda risky.

Couldn't there be a basic bundle? I really only liked a couple outfits...

Sigh.

There technically is a basic bundle, as its part of the Pro Bundle. The basic one just isn't available yet.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:
    EDIT: BOTH should be working, and work together now.

Coupons/offers are not combine-able, so you cannot use the Free Dryden Offer AND the Other coupon. Sorry.

Does that mean I can't use my 30% coupon I got through email a few days ago and get Dryden for free if I end up buying the bundle? :(

It took mine, I don't know if it gave me 30% off the bundle, but it did discount the rest of the things in my cart.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Someone in another thread mentioned that it worked on their bundle.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I tried a few minutes ago and it did work on the bundle. That and the Dryden product were the only items in my cart. The price was dropped down to about $36 after using the 30% coupon (better deal than that rebate they are offering!)

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    I tried a few minutes ago and it did work on the bundle. That and the Dryden product were the only items in my cart. The price was dropped down to about $36 after using the 30% coupon (better deal than that rebate they are offering!)

Crap! I'm not getting the newsletter and didn't even know about the coupon. I used the $25 rebate off a $100 order instead.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited October 2012

Okay, time to come clean, everyone. Let me first start by saying that as much as the knot in my stomach for David & Aiko ten-folded, I am VERY pleased to see all of this new content and H5 himself in full gear, instead of just sneaks in other people's previously featured products.

For those of you who weren't in the know, the first featuring and first time I saw H5 was in ForbiddenWhisper's Merchant Essentials Anime Eyes for Genesis Gen 4. I later stumbled upon him when I noticed the male skin textures in MAB's Hairdresser Modular Hair, in which he was waiting for H5's release to update with them for those who purchased the item.

I just have to say I LOVE the way his hairs and textures are. They are a big homecoming to the actual anime-boy style of H3, while noticeably maintaining the latest visual trend with MallenLane's Hitomi. If we are to still receive A5 in the near future, it will be a more than safe bet that she will follow this style as well. Of course, I am NOT at all surprised to see the token Martial Arts apparel, but what I AM surprised to see the guy featured in modern real world clothing, and it's not even anything overly J-Popish either! Again something that I haven't seen since the days of H3.

Overall I am VERY impressed and this only excites me to see what's in store for the rest of the Gen 5 line. In the mean time, I'll go debate whether or not I should call the funeral parlor and make wake arrangement's for David & Aiko.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:

Crap! I'm not getting the newsletter and didn't even know about the coupon. I used the $25 rebate off a $100 order instead.

It wasn't in a regular newsletter. I got an email on October 25th with the subject "Save 30%!" and it had a coupon in it.

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    atryeu said:

It wasn't in a regular newsletter. I got an email on October 25th with the subject "Save 30%!" and it had a coupon in it.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting any of the newsletters now. I guess I need to file a ticket. I get my order confirmations just fine.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Ugh, I am so relieved he's finally out! Now I can post the renders I make with him without breaking any NDAs! :D

popup_10.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 884K
  • LaniNoaLaniNoa Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I tried to add the bundle to my cart but it keeps showing 0 items in my cart ...so then I hit the add to cart button again and got "The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1" ...what's going on???

edited December 1969

LaniNoa said:
    I tried to add the bundle to my cart but it keeps showing 0 items in my cart ...so then I hit the add to cart button again and got "The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1" ...what's going on???

This happens from time to time. Make sure you're logged in, and wait a few minutes for the changes to register. Then try refreshing.

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

I love Hiro > 3 was awsome, 4 was fun and could be blended with the other 4's

I love the clothes, the body shape and the hair styles , but I really, really, Hate Hiro 5's face, I'm devastated

so it's lucky I cancelled my PC membership at the weekend !

edited December 1969

adzan said:

I love Hiro > 3 was awsome, 4 was fun and could be blended with the other 4's

I love the clothes, the body shape and the hair styles , but I really, really, Hate Hiro 5's face, I'm devastated

so it's lucky I cancelled my PC membership at the weekend !

I think Hiro 5's face very closely resembles traditional bishounen characters, such as Mamorou/Darien/Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon.

What is it about the face that you don't like? If it's the nose, both Hitomi and Hiro 5 come with "realistic" nose morphs that add nostrils.

• LaniNoaLaniNoa Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LaniNoa said:

This happens from time to time. Make sure you're logged in, and wait a few minutes for the changes to register. Then try refreshing.

I've tried all of that ...even tried restarting my computer ...still no go! I've had this problem a number of times since they switched to this new format. I hope they work out the bugs soon.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

Would like to see some realistic renders, how well he mixes with other Genesis morphs. Anime is not my thing really, I only bought Hiro 4 because I could blend him with Michael. That, and he had some really cool outfits that also worked on M4.

edited December 1969

Nikkou Hair has only a Poser dpc file. No Poser Companion or triax file. Interesting.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I like the look of the new Hiro, but I think I'll have to wait a bit on him. There've been too many sales of late, and I still want to make sure that no new products required for the buy it all bonus come out tomorrow. I need to resist the temptation to buy every new item that comes out, and focus on the things I really need. But I will pick this up sometime. Probably after the holidays.

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Would like to see some realistic renders, how well he mixes with other Genesis morphs. Anime is not my thing really, I only bought Hiro 4 because I could blend him with Michael. That, and he had some really cool outfits that also worked on M4.

Probably not what you're looking for - but it is an H5 blend. :-)

By the way, the H5 sliders were auto dialed by the Dryden slider.

H5Child.jpg
    336 x 386 - 39K
    H5ChildChar.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 460K
  • WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Gone said:
    Byrdie said:

Probably not what you're looking for - but it is an H5 blend. :-)

By the way, the H5 sliders were auto dialed by the Dryden slider.

Hmm, I was inclined to give Hiro5 a pass but I was wondering how his girlish looks would blend in the genepool. You have got me thinking again about taking the plunge...thanks for the render.

edited October 2012

Well, how do you feel about a more masculine guy?

H5Tough.jpg
    336 x 220 - 22K
    H5ToughGuy.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 176K
    Post edited by Gone on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

Nikkou Hair has only a Poser dpc file. No Poser Companion or triax file. Interesting.

Nikkou Hair was created by Neftis so there is only a .hr2 hair file and Poser/DS material presets/scripts. There is also a metadata file included, I am happy to see.
  • WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Gone said:

Very nice! I think you've convinced me to take the plunge. My real hope is to be able to use Hiro 5 to mix with Jason and others to create male Toon variations, but you've shown how it will also work in more realistic renders which is great!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Wowsers, Hiro 5 is tall lol I think Hiro 4 was much shorter

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Wowsers, Hiro 5 is tall lol I think Hiro 4 was much shorter

Yea I found that.

edited December 1969

Ebajoy said:
    Gone said:

Very nice! I think you've convinced me to take the plunge. My real hope is to be able to use Hiro 5 to mix with Jason and others to create male Toon variations, but you've shown how it will also work in more realistic renders which is great!

Here's another tough guy.

I don't have Jason. It seems the only toon guys I have are the 3 generations of Hiro for Genesis. :-)

And, yeah, I couldn't believe the way he grew when I dialed him. I was expecting him to shrink like the others. :lol:

H5Tough2.jpg
    337 x 604 - 59K
    H5ToughGuy2.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 374K
  • Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 541
    edited October 2012

Ok, took the plunge but unfortunately I'm at work right now. Won't be able to play until tonight. :-(

The most awesome thing about Genesis is that you can basically morph it (dial it) into anything.

Thanks.

Post edited by Muon Quark on
  • DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

What I have seen work most reliably is to log in, add another item to your cart (doesn't matter what) then go to shopping cart. Once there you can remove the additional unwanted item and the original item you wanted will be there and you can check out.

LaniNoa said:
    LaniNoa said:

I've tried all of that ...even tried restarting my computer ...still no go! I've had this problem a number of times since they switched to this new format. I hope they work out the bugs soon.

• TimesurferTimesurfer Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

Ok, took the plunge but unfortunately I'm at work right now. Won't be able to play until tonight. :-(

The most awesome thing about Genesis is that you can basically morph it (dial it) into anything.

Thanks.

same here! and the clothes will fit any of them

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    What I have seen work most reliably is to log in, add another item to your cart (doesn't matter what) then go to shopping cart. Once there you can remove the additional unwanted item and the original item you wanted will be there and you can check out.

It does not always work like that. This happened to me with two Extravaganza bundles and Moonshines Diner Bundle previous week: I put all 3 bundles in the cart. Yet when I entered the cart, only one Extravaganza bundle was in there, the other one and Moonshines were not. I tried to add them again, but I got the known error message stating that you cannot add an item to cart twice. I logged out and logged in again. I removed the only Extravaganza visible in the cart, then added another random item in the cart (since I already heard of the solution you are suggesting), but no change, the remaining Extravaganza and Moonshine were still not visible in the cart.

After a minute or two a mirracle occured - I was able to add Moonshine and both Extravaganzas in the cart after all (suddenly the message about item being added twice did not appear although I did not remove said invisible items from cart). Just to make sure that no surplus items are in my cart, I removed all items again from cart, it was empty.

Then I bought some other DAZ originals (non-Extravaganza, non-Moonshines), check-out was without problem. Yet after I checked-out and started downloading the bought stuff, I noticed that the store shows there are 2 items in my cart, although I did not add any. I opened the cart and guess what was in there - the previously invisible Extravaganza and Moonshines... I wonder how they managed to not be in the cart when I paid for the order, yet at the same time be in the cart to show up after check-out? Oh, the wonders of Magento software...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Submitted a ticket for my missed coupon upon checkout. Have yet to see a response from DAZ Sales help....