Send In The Clones and Send In The Clones Pro Now for DS4.5 [Commercial]

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Ostadan said:
    Not seeing the discount at checkout. W T proverbial F?

Contact sales with the order number for your purchase of the previous version.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Okay, I've upgraded to the Pro version.

Where do I install it? Do I put it in the application folder, or in the content folder? I ask this because all the content folders are on a peripheral drive.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

As a script it should work from anywhere, though I haven't had time to install it yet to check that.

• Andrey PestryakovAndrey Pestryakov Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

I bought a version of "Send In The Clones DS4". I made a clone props object with use random select type of cloning, but in the new objects morphs were not available. :(
    Just as hard without saving presets settings. Quite a lot of options, and always fill them is not fun.
    Could you make a saving morphs in the cloned objects and support presets?

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Okay, I've upgraded to the Pro version.

Where do I install it? Do I put it in the application folder, or in the content folder? I ask this because all the content folders are on a peripheral drive.

Content (or My Library) depending on your setup

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I suspected as much, but wanted confirmation.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...coolness. Discount worked. Now I can "test" the limits of my workstation beast.

edited December 1969

I bought a version of "Send In The Clones DS4". I made a clone props object with use random select type of cloning, but in the new objects morphs were not available. :(
    Just as hard without saving presets settings. Quite a lot of options, and always fill them is not fun.

Please, what about my question?
    edited December 1969

I haven't answered because I'm not to sure what you mean, and I trying to figure out what you asking. Can you post step by step what you are doing, the prop involved, and what you expected. I'm more a visual person... Screen Shots help.

edited November 2012

I haven't answered because I'm not to sure what you mean, and I trying to figure out what you asking. Can you post step by step what you are doing, the prop involved, and what you expected. I'm more a visual person... Screen Shots help.

screen-4.jpg
    1920 x 1160 - 981K
    screen-3.jpg
    1920 x 1160 - 881K
    screen-2.jpg
    1920 x 1160 - 673K
    screen-1.jpg
    1920 x 1160 - 506K
    Post edited by Andrey Pestryakov on
    edited November 2012

In brief:
    - Cloned objects have no morphs :((
    - It would be very nice if the script to support save of user settings!

edited December 1969

In brief:

I see why I didn't understand your issue. You are using the standard version. This version only clones props, and is not capable of changing textures or morphs.

Send In The Clones DS4 Pro will do what you want.

edited December 1969

In brief:

I see why I didn't understand your issue. You are using the standard version. This version only clones props, and is not capable of changing textures or morphs.

Please show two screenshots:
    - original props object with morphs option;
    - and cloned props object with morphs option after cloning with Pro version.
    Can I save the settings in the Pro version?

edited December 1969

In brief:

Please show two screenshots:
    - original props object with morphs option;
    - and cloned props object with morphs option after cloning with Pro version.
    Can I save the settings in the Pro version?

If you mean load in all of the options you selected before cloning, no I did not create a 'Save Settings'.

Not sure what screenshots you want... If it is screen shots from the script itself here's a link to the user's guide that has screen shots of the scripts windows (The screen shots are from the DS3 version, but the screens only change was version # at the bottom left.. All the other changes we're 'internal' :) )

You'll see in the user's guide, that when you clone props you have the option to clone them as instances. If you select that option, you will be cloning them like you clone in the standard version. All of the cloned props share the same textures and morph.

If you do not select that option, you then can select different mat and morph files to be applied, and you will see that the morphs in each prop are now available to you.

http://www.draagonstorm.com/UG/SITCDS4Pro.pdf

edited November 2012

By the screenshots of the interface, I do not understand, is it possible to change morphs the cloned object after cloning.
    So I asked to take a screenshot (cloned props object with morphs option after cloning with Pro version) for clarity.
    After cloning, I need more adjustment morphs to objects. So for me it is important that morphs preserved in new cloned object.

edited December 1969

By the screenshots of the interface, I do not understand, is it possible to change morphs the cloned object after cloning.
    So I asked to take a screenshot (cloned props object with morphs option after cloning with Pro version) for clarity.
    After cloning, I need more adjustment morphs to objects. So for me it is important that morphs preserved in new cloned object.

If I'm reading your question right.. Yes, in the Pro version if you do not click on the instances obtion.

edited December 1969

If I'm reading your question right.. Yes, in the Pro version if you do not click on the instances obtion.

Please make a screenshot. If I'll see that the morphs are stored in the clone objects, which can be adjusted after the cloning, then I'll buy the pro version.

edited November 2012

Please make a screenshot. If I'll see that the morphs are stored in the clone objects, which can be adjusted after the cloning, then I'll buy the pro version.

It took a little to find props with morphs... The props I found are old....

(Not sure what order these are going to be in, preview does not show) ~~ looks like I loaded the images in the opposite order then what I should have.. still getting use to the new forum.

LoadProp.JPG
    1579 x 939 - 162K
    TypeOfCloneing.JPG
    1579 x 938 - 172K
    RandomSettings.JPG
    1575 x 936 - 157K
    ClonesMadeAndChangedMorphs.JPG
    1581 x 944 - 195K
    Post edited by DraagonStorm on
    edited November 2012

I bought the pro version. Now I have nothing at all to clone :(
    Which version of DS 4.5.x are you using? I use 4.5.0.114.

edited November 2012

Not sure what you mean by nothing to clone.

You may need to view the youtube demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcLZKBKG2q0&feature=plcp

You don't load the prop or figure into the scene first with Pro. You select it from the windows browser (or whatever it's called on a Mac)

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
    edited December 1969

You may need to view the youtube demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcLZKBKG2q0&feature=plcp

You don't load the prop or figure into the scene first with Pro. You select it from the windows browser (or whatever it's called on a Mac)

I recorded a video of work with SITC scripts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ouZim-2KM

edited December 1969

I recorded a video of work with SITC scripts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ouZim-2KM

I see you selecting the file in the Windows explorer, but I don't see you opening the file. You need to click on open. (or whatever the equivalent is in the language of your windows. The screen should look like the below screen shot before you start doing things in the other tabs.

LoadProp.JPG
    1579 x 939 - 162K
    edited November 2012

I see you selecting the file in the Windows explorer, but I don't see you opening the file. You need to click on open. (or whatever the equivalent is in the language of your windows. The screen should look like the below screen shot before you start doing things in the other tabs.

Double click = open file. I can click the "Open" button, but it will be the same.
    In my video shows how to load object in the scene (scene tab - bottom left), but the first window of the script does not change.
    edited December 1969

Double click = open file. I can click the "Open" button, but it will be the same.
    In my video shows how to load object in the scene (scene tab - bottom left), but the first window of the script does not change.

What product is that you are trying to load? I'll purchase it and see if I can see what the problem may be.

edited December 1969

What product is that you are trying to load? I'll purchase it and see if I can see what the problem may be.

This product is under development. I can send you the object to e-mail.
    edited December 1969

This product is under development. I can send you the object to e-mail.

PM sent

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

Can I ask something, and I don't mean for this to sound critical...are there any new features in this version of Pro that were not in the original Pro? I ask because if not...well, I don't think 50% off is enough for what's really a version compatibility patch.

I did purchase the original Pro, but I can't justify buying it again just so it will work with the current (and only available) version of Studio. In no way do I mean to suggest that the product is not worth the price, but when I purchase any piece of software, I really don't expect to have to pay more in the future for it to continue to run.

Thanks for listening.

SnowS

There is the new ability to have SITC use the built-in Instances. Now lots of flowers, or trees don't have to take massive amounts of resources.

That's worth the $8.xx all by itself in my mind.

Kendall

This doesn't seem to be working for me. I click the check box; but it just loads in more of the prop scaled & positioned accoring to the modifiers I've set up.
    DS 4.5.1.6 Pro

Post edited by BWSman on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited November 2012

BWSman said:
    Can I ask something, and I don't mean for this to sound critical...are there any new features in this version of Pro that were not in the original Pro? I ask because if not...well, I don't think 50% off is enough for what's really a version compatibility patch.

I did purchase the original Pro, but I can't justify buying it again just so it will work with the current (and only available) version of Studio. In no way do I mean to suggest that the product is not worth the price, but when I purchase any piece of software, I really don't expect to have to pay more in the future for it to continue to run.

Thanks for listening.

SnowS

There is the new ability to have SITC use the built-in Instances. Now lots of flowers, or trees don't have to take massive amounts of resources.

That's worth the $8.xx all by itself in my mind.

Kendall

This doesn't seem to be working for me. I click the check box; but it just loads in more of the prop scaled & positioned accoring to the modifiers I've set up.
    DS 4.5.1.6 Pro

Alexa used the feature for her freepozitory entry (or it was going to be until someone else used her idea) and it created the prop as well as the instance containing the clones (a 15x15 matrix layout). However, so far I've only been able to get it to allow instances on .pp2 content. Anything else it wants to make standard clones.

EDIT: I just tried it again myself, and it didn't make the instance, it made standard clones just as you said.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • FIGEACFIGEAC Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Bonjour,

j'ai créé 5 pages de tutoriaux pour STC DS4 PRO
    http://dchacornac.free.fr/la3d/daz45/dz45d10.htm
    mais il reste encore une partie que je ne sais pas faire, celle correspondant à l'image jointe

comment remplir les parties 1, 2 ou 3, avec quoi
    quelle est la procédure et les étapes ?

Hello,

I created 5 pages of tutorials for
    but there are still some that I do not know, that corresponding to the attached picture

how to complete Parts 1, 2 or 3, with what
    what is the procedure and steps?

Cordially

STCDS4PRO.jpg
    800 x 496 - 49K
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

FIGEAC said:
    Bonjour,

j'ai créé 5 pages de tutoriaux pour STC DS4 PRO
    mais il reste encore une partie que je ne sais pas faire, celle correspondant à l'image jointe

comment remplir les parties 1, 2 ou 3, avec quoi
    quelle est la procédure et les étapes ?

Hello,

I created 5 pages of tutorials for
    but there are still some that I do not know, that corresponding to the attached picture

how to complete Parts 1, 2 or 3, with what
    what is the procedure and steps?

Cordially

You click the "Add" button to add morphs; poses or textures (one category for each box). You can add as many as you want; just make sure that you keep all the poses together in the same box & all the textures in the same box. If you check the "Randomize" option; Send in the Clones will randomly select one item the list and apply it to the cloned figure. If that option is not checked; it will start at the top of the list and work it's way down for each clone.

Note: It is not necessary to fill out each box. You can just change poses & textures; or just poses; or just textures or any combination.