Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD V for Victory

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:
    In Australia, we call hair which has been cut with electric clippers shaved. LOL

Baa.

It is a sheep thing, isn't it?

Could be LMAO! Never thought about why we call it that HAHA ..... Yes we do consider ourselves sheep. :-P

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Has anyone seen those hair pieces I got from Dollar tree yesterday? I have one in my hair but I want to put the rest in my hair.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    You know, it is so hard to find a good shaved head for M4 or M5. I tried Klaus which looked amazing, but the guy has a damn crew cut!! I just want a shaved head man!

Hellboy Soto did one:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/62755/gallery/11/Poser/SOTOs-Shaved-Hair-for-Michael-4
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Received in an email

game.jpg
    640 x 960 - 69K
    edited December 1969

I am thinking Dragon Blood would be a great drug fro vamps.

edited December 1969

The story I am working on includes vampires who live on a human schedule. Made Vamps have more problem with sunlight than born vamps. One made Vamp has major vision problems in sunlight. I was thinking of him having prescription clear sunglasses for day time.

This is the Vamp who has the name that my real name is based on. I have a feminine version of the name. The name my mum wanted to name me after a Bible person but I turned out to be a girl. That name is Daniel.

Daniel's girlfriend has the name of one of my screen name, Kulay Wolf (or Miss Bad Wolf which is her nickname) She got that nickname because her father Julian Wolf was considered the Big Bad Wolf by Kulay's maternal grandmother, Lucivan Stephane Ra. He calls Julian the big bad wolf because Julian impregnated his Daughter and also Julian turned out to be a key prisoner of war in the Vampire/werewolf war.

edited October 2012

Stupid question...

(For anyone in the know how...)

I have been working very hard on a boot for genesis... I need to know if I should be wielding the leather wrapping (Pale blue) to the boot (Green)? I know I dont have to wield the soul to the boot, but was told the toes and heel needs to be wielded else there is complications in the rigging. I just dont know if the wrapping should be wielded too. Any one?

It's my first article of clothing for a daz figure, and I worked my butt off to make it lol

Boots_UD_12_4.jpg
    319 x 748 - 81K
    Boots_UD_12_3.jpg
    319 x 748 - 135K
    Boots_UD_12_2.jpg
    490 x 761 - 116K
    Boots_UD_12_1.jpg
    490 x 761 - 174K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 229
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    Stupid question...

I have been working very hard on a boot for genesis... I need to know if I should be wielding the leather wrapping (Pale blue) to the boot (Green)? I know I dont have to wield the soul to the boot, but was told the toes and heel needs to be wielded else there is complications in the rigging. I just dont know if the wrapping should be wielded too. Any one?

It's my first article of clothing for a daz figure, and I worked my butt off to make it lol

You probably won't have to weld those straps, and doing so may cause complications of its own. Having non-manifold meshes can cause rendering artefacts with some rendering systems, and welding the edge of one mesh to the face of another produces a non-manifold mesh.

Try them without welding, then if you must it should be the work of a few seconds to weld and export the mesh again.

I'm glad to see the straps have a separate material since it makes them easier to hide to get different looks. Might be good to give the straps more materials, to make things even more flexible. Say a separate material for the top strap alone. That way you effectively have two sets of straps and MAT poses can hide any one material or both, for a number of looks.

Post edited by Fire Angel on
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    Stupid question...

You probably won't have to weld those straps, and doing so may cause complications of its own. Having non-manifold meshes can cause rendering artefacts with some rendering systems, and welding the edge of one mesh to the face of another produces a non-manifold mesh.

Try them without welding, then if you must it should be the work of a few seconds to weld and export the mesh again.

I'm glad to see the straps have a separate material since it makes them easier to hide to get different looks. Might be good to give the straps more materials, to make things even more flexible. Say a separate material for the top strap alone. That way you effectively have two sets of straps and MAT poses can hide any one material or both, for a number of looks.

Thanks man! I shall split the straps to have their own individual Material zones, It's all still a WIP... I never intended to wield the straps...

But not sure if the light blue (leather wrapping) should be wielded to make it one with the actual boot (the green section) As it's a large part of the boot and the fact that it opens at the ankle, I don't know if it would cause complications if it wasn't wielded? (If it needs to be wielded, the green boot hidden by the wrapping will be removed. and there will not be any polys underneath the outer (visible) polys. - Right now the green boot is fully made underneath the light blue wrapping.

I hope I'm making sense lol

edited December 1969

I have too many cups in front of my monitor. Arrgghh

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    Spyro said:
    Stupid question...

Thanks man! I shall split the straps to have their own individual Material zones, It's all still a WIP... I never intended to wield the straps...

But not sure if the light blue (leather wrapping) should be wielded to make it one with the actual boot (the green section) As it's a large part of the boot and the fact that it opens at the ankle, I don't know if it would cause complications if it wasn't wielded? (If it needs to be wielded, the green boot hidden by the wrapping will be removed. and there will not be any polys underneath the outer (visible) polys. - Right now the green boot is fully made underneath the light blue wrapping.

I hope I'm making sense lol

I wouldn't worry about manifold meshes for Poser/DAZ unless you're trying to 3d print them or you really want them to be used in a game engine (I don't know of any full professional 3d suites that can't render non-manifold meshes, and I wouldn't buy one that couldn't).

I think the most important question is, do the wrappings need to move? That is, is there any point at which you want them to be able to be morphed around in a way that would show what's under them? If you do, leave them unwelded. If you don't, there's no reason not to eliminate the unnecessary polygons under them and also any future clipping troubles that might result. The biggest potential trouble is that the boot underneath might clip through them when FBMs are applied, and welding and removing the bits behind will eliminate that.

EDIT: And cute boot design, by the way. I like it. :-)

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

Ah, thanks Sickle!! Yeah, I don't think it will need any movement. Because it is designed to be padded like thick leather, in the real world, it would barely move especially with four straps securing it, and a hard leather boot underneath it.

I think it would be best to eliminate the unnecessary polys hidden by the wrapping and wield it together. Since I've never done FBM's and rigging and all that, I'm in the dark as to what will work on genesis who morphs and poses with it. Thanks man!

And since I save in intervals, nothing will be lost, and I can always make another without the leather wrapping. :)

Cheers!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The More I read about the Boots, the more I would like to know. If the Straps get Welded can they still be hidden? Can the under Wrap be hidden as well? That would make them very versatile. Three different looks in one item.

edited December 1969

Just to keep the Stupid in the Stupid Thread....

Stupid.jpg
    556 x 720 - 22K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The More I read about the Boots, the more I would like to know. If the Straps get Welded can they still be hidden? Can the under Wrap be hidden as well? That would make them very versatile. Three different looks in one item.

No, those are mutually exclusive.

You can have overlapping hidable bits in a Genesis item, but it's a bugger to morph if you do. ;) Easier to have separate conforming pieces in that instance because then they can be made to collide over each other.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Thanks Jader :)

From what I understand, things can only be invisible if they have a separate material zone... Also, there needs to be something visible underneath it...

My plan now is this...

1 - The full concept Art based one: Four individual materials straps (Each could be invisible) The separate soul. And the wielded boot with the leather wrapping (One material, the boot underneath the wrapping will be removed)

2 - No leather wrapping Alternative: Four separate straps, the base boot and the soul.

As noted in my render thread WIP notes, I'll be making clips for the straps aswell. They will have separate materials, but will be identical.

edited December 1969

Since wielding is necessary for the leather wrappings, it's unnecessary for the boot (Light green) to be there, which as Sickle pointed out could cause issues, and a high chance of poke throughs

edited December 1969

You guys the pro's I just code a bit. Modeling is still a thing I've not followed all that much.

edited October 2012

I hope to see you get into it, you're full of ideas! and you taught me so much for me to be able to do it :) Heaps of people love that Primitive Weapons pack, and I wouldn't have done it without you. Hexagon man, it's free, and learn-able :cheese: and like 3ds max creation is pretty much endless.

And addictive I might add lol!

edited December 1969

I make stuff, just not stuff to share in polite Company. Just Primitives slapped together and then cleaned up in Hex with some morphs. Think about the Renders on DA and then go the rest of the way you think I would go. I do.

edited October 2012

I began with primitives. The next step is edit poly and cut and wield.

I avoid boolean, for the fact that it damages the mesh. You loose lots of wires using boolean, and I wouldn't recommend it.

Since your already making morphs, that's allot of edit poly/ edit mesh... I always select one appropriate primitive shape, then make my item out of it. I generally stick to the box primitive, cylinder and sphere. Sometime tube. The others are rare usage.

Nowadays, I work with planes, and polygon model, primitives are only a guide for my viewport. But that's because I'm getting into detailed clothing. I mainly use primitives for sets and objects. Youtube tutorials are my best friend when modeling, lol eventually all the info sinks into my brain.

The only primitive I used on the boot was a box for the soul of the boot. The rest was all a single poly tiny plane.

In all honesty, I'm not long from working with just primitives! You are not all that far from me. :)

edited December 1969

This is a Fire (Bow) Drill I'm still working on. Just a test render.

Fire_Drill.png
    930 x 920 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Cool! I've never seen a prop one of those.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Very nice!

A bit of Halloween stupid:

Ghost squirrel! Ooooooo... Boo!
    Ok, admittedly not that scary.

albino_squirrel.jpg
    500 x 375 - 57K
    edited December 1969

Cool! I've never seen a prop one of those.
    I'm gearing up for a primitive man project, I need lot's of items that are hard to find. Spyro did a great weapons and flints set that moved me much farther toward getting started. I'm still collecting clothing that I can Kit Bash and hunting more Mega Fauna. I have all of Dinorals but still need a few.

Primitive man items are hard to find.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Jaderail this is fantastic... You're all too modest! You know how to model!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

Very nice!

Pretty , I prefer the purple ones myself, http://frigginloon.wordpress.com/2008/12/21/a-purple-squirrel-baffles-wildlife-experts/

purple-squirrel.gif
    198 x 160 - 25K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:

Jaderail this is fantastic... You're all too modest! You know how to model!Thank you all folks. But really I just dabble a bit. I'm working on the Fire Board (the Base) and still need to add knots to the bow string but I'm getting close with the bow. I need to edit the Drill as well. It should be Dull not sharp. That was a error on my part, the pointed end. Must have grabbed a extra poly in the last edit.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:

Jaderail this is fantastic... You're all too modest! You know how to model!

Thank you all folks. But really I just dabble a bit. I'm working on the Fire Board (the Base) and still need to add knots to the bow string but I'm getting close with the bow. I need to edit the Drill as well. It should be Dull not sharp. That was a error on my part, the pointed end. Must have grabbed a extra poly in the last edit.

You need to do some occasional WIP updates on your art studio thread! You wowed me :cheese:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

Very nice!

Pretty , I prefer the purple ones myself, http://frigginloon.wordpress.com/2008/12/21/a-purple-squirrel-baffles-wildlife-experts/
    Oh, that's just Prince. He's another weresquirrel. :)
This discussion has been closed.