Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969

WIth the second Constellation Class I converted, there is no guarantee it will work for everyone due to being such a heavy mesh. The first one I converted, which is the Stargazer, should pretty much work for everyone.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

the one i just posted is the one that has quite a few name options

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    the one i just posted is the one that has quite a few name options

Thats what I thought. And its the heavy mesh. I got it to work in P8 as well but P8 was very sluggish with it.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    edited December 1969

I have played with it a little in Poser Pro 2012 and it seems to work fine for me. A great piece of conversion work Matty!

edited December 1969

works fine in ds 4.5 pro

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Geordi La Forge Toon Start

Gordie.jpg
    384 x 767 - 35K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

Cute

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited October 2012

I like the look. First Ptrope over at DA with his toons and now Rduda...would be interesting to see the whole gang as toons.

Toon Trek - The Acme Generation.

Too soon?

From the looks of Geordi's hair...I expect him to wearing a Starfleet ballcap on backwards.

-Paul

Post edited by PDSmith on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    edited December 1969

I agree he looks awesome, and I would love to see Riker, Troi, Worf, Data, and Crusher (Beverly not will) as toons!

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    here is the other Version (the Mattymanx conversion) - works fine in daz studio 4.5 pro for me:

Won't work good on my Daz3....get a little error box, when you hit the ok button in , the render timer still goes, but nothing happens. Which is a real bummer since I soooo want a Constellation model, so I am probably going to use the one I posted up there, since it's decent enough to use.

Made a new ship myself, here. I call it the Skaro class.

Skaro_Class_5.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 206K
    Skaro_Class_4.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 174K
    Skaro_Class_3.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 237K
    Skaro_Class_2.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 164K
    Skaro_Class_1.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 186K
    edited October 2012

Mattymanx said:
    WIth the second Constellation Class I converted, there is no guarantee it will work for everyone due to being such a heavy mesh. The first one I converted, which is the Stargazer, should pretty much work for everyone.

Which one's the Stargazer only one? Maybe I can use that one. I saw one on Trek mesh, but each time I click it, all I get is a screen full of computer code stuff

Post edited by TheCastellan on
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Which one's the Stargazer only one? Maybe I can use that one. I saw one on Trek mesh, but each time I click it, all I get is a screen full of computer code stuff

Make sure you right click and save link as. His site does not like RAR files.

edited December 1969

or load the site in Chrome - for some reason it works fine in that browser but not in Firefox

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Mattymanx said:

Make sure you right click and save link as. His site does not like RAR files.

Trying to figure out where "dsc lumi" and "dsk spec" goes.....with that picture note that was included @_@

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Trying to figure out where "dsc lumi" and "dsk spec" goes.....with that picture note that was included @_@

I've put all the "lumi" files on the Ambient channel, and the "spec" files on the Specular Color channel, on every material that has them, seems to work pretty well with only a little tweaking. Although, as always, the right lighting helps a lot.
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

This is one of my first daz animations i ever did and it happen to be a star trek one..lol
    So finely a thread i can share it on :)
    be kind i was learning how to use daz in an animation when i made this video

enjoy :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoWFbB4BgGs

edited December 1969

I've put all the "lumi" files on the Ambient channel, and the "spec" files on the Specular Color channel, on every material that has them, seems to work pretty well with only a little tweaking. Although, as always, the right lighting helps a lot.

Well, here's what I've done with it so far.....I am not sure if this is how it's supposed to look, since I don't see the paneling on the hull.

Station.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 695K
    Stargazer6.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 558K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Well, here's what I've done with it so far.....I am not sure if this is how it's supposed to look, since I don't see the paneling on the hull.

awesome renders :)

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Just checking in

Faith_sml.jpg
    800 x 514 - 241K
    edited October 2012

One of my favorite ships - The Chaffee

Chaffee Outbound

rendered in Daz Studio 4.5 Pro
    postwork done in Photoshop CS5

background created using stock by frostbo

best view in full at DeviantArt

chaffee-v1-sml.jpg
    936 x 1200 - 194K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

awesome renders :) 10Q

I call this one "Brown Trousers Time" XD

Brown_Trousers_Time.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 200K
  • Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 617
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    here is the other Version (the Mattymanx conversion) - works fine in daz studio 4.5 pro for me:

Won't work good on my Daz3....get a little error box, when you hit the ok button in , the render timer still goes, but nothing happens. Which is a real bummer since I soooo want a Constellation model, so I am probably going to use the one I posted up there, since it's decent enough to use.

Made a new ship myself, here. I call it the Skaro class.Wow!

Interesting looking alteration! I likes!

Could have lots of potential--but, unfortunately, it does suggest the punchline to "This is what happens when you tailgate a cloaked bird-of-prey that has faulty break lights..." ;-)

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    I like the look. First Ptrope over at DA with his toons and now Rduda...would be interesting to see the whole gang as toons.

Too soon?

From the looks of Geordi's hair...I expect him to wearing a Starfleet ballcap on backwards.

-Paul

Not sure what you mean with the ball cap statement, you don't like the hair?

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    PDSmith said:

Too soon?

-Paul

Sent you a PM.

-Paul

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Rduda said:
    PDSmith said:

Too soon?

-Paul

Sent you a PM.

-Paul

Thank you on clarifying your critique. As you have seen this is my second toon crew member, and no means a final. Thus, I put him up for others to comment so I can improve on them. If i couldn't take critical critiques I would not put up images, I would only hope people be clear so nobody in the thread could miss construed them. On this on I had no idea on what you were referencing, and I wanted to know for sure what it was you didn't like.

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

Made a new ship myself, here. I call it the Skaro class.

Wow!

Interesting looking alteration! I likes!

Could have lots of potential--but, unfortunately, it does suggest the punchline to "This is what happens when you tailgate a cloaked bird-of-prey that has faulty break lights..." ;-)

Least it won't look as if something's going to tear off come a sharp turn. ;) I like making compact ships myself. If I could somehow make a similar one without the secondary hull, just the saucer and the 2 pods held up by stubby struts, I'd be happy. :D

I still think we need a ship parts kit like Star Killer's Constitution set, but with TMP and TNG parts. ;)

edited December 1969

and now for the completely obsurd:

10 point to the first to figure out who the actor is:

dc-bolian-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1500 - 170K
  • jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Daniel Craig.
    :)

• edited December 1969

Yeah. The caption "Daniel Craig as a Bolian" might... just might... have been too big a clue.

edited December 1969

LOL yeah now for the totally out there:

bolian-james-bolian-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1501 - 189K
This discussion has been closed.