agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
edited October 2012 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/hiro-5-pro-bundle

But he costs a pretty penny... ^_^;;

Alexa :)

Post edited by agsears_f6a68cb825 on

Comments

• edited December 1969

Nooooooo! I'm broke! Broke, dammit! No more!

I broke my vow of poverty for Jack's Moonlight Diner sets. All of them. And Parkside Head. And the 50's clothes. But this is too much!!!!

Seriously, the figure looks great. The promo renders are exaclty what I like, styled figures and hair with simple textures against realistic backgrounds. I'll just have to wait for the base figure to come out.

And why's he coming out before Aiko5? And doesn't Hitomi get a boyfriend/brother/toy boy/whatever?

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I have to say, He is pretty good. A definite improvement from Hiro 4! And a special deal with Drayden for free!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

that leather jacket outfit is great

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Well, I have to concede he looks nice and at $52 is a great deal. Too bad I have no money. ^_^

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Don't forget PC discount drops back from 40% to 30% on Nov 1st...

edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

Hehe. I already got him lol

edited December 1969

@Kevin - some the items in the bundle are only DSON CORE and Poser companion... Not Legacy. I only use daz... So is DSON the one I need? Or should there be legacy with it as well? Some have legacy.

I thought Daz only used legacy

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    @Kevin - some the items in the bundle are only DSON CORE and Poser companion... Not Legacy. I only use daz... So is DSON the one I need? Or should there be legacy with it as well? Some have legacy.

Core means DS 4.5 and above. Legacy would be DS 4.0.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

The individual items are still 404. Is DAZ holding them back on purpose or what?

Not interested in the bundle but some of the outfits look decent enough.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Core means DS 4.5 and above. Legacy would be DS 4.0.

Thanks man! I couldn't understand DSON lol! Cheers!

edited December 1969

From the Product Page:
    This is a special Platinum Club ONLY Prerelease. All discounts and offers are Platinum Club ONLY. The full release of Hiro 5 will be announced at a later date. Soon perhaps.

None of the individual items are live yet, so none of these are active links. These links will become live when the full Hiro 5 release happens.

araneldon said:
    The individual items are still 404. Is DAZ holding them back on purpose or what?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

tried using the code your offering. 50back10 and says it applied it and didn't but checked out anyway. What's this free deal for a free character? I hate chasing down discounts, it's really not fun DAZ!

Got all downloaded so happy there. I do notice on thing ... the 15240_NikkouHairHiro5_1.0_dpc.exe does not have a Poser Companion file. Is this not ready yet or was it included in the one exe??

edited October 2012

EDIT: BOTH should be working, and work together now.

Coupons/offers are not combine-able, so you cannot use the Free Dryden Offer AND the Other coupon. Sorry.

RAMWolff said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

tried using the code your offering. 50back10 and says it applied it and didn't but checked out anyway. What's this free deal for a free character? I hate chasing down discounts, it's really not fun DAZ!

Got all downloaded so happy there. I do notice on thing ... the 15240_NikkouHairHiro5_1.0_dpc.exe does not have a Poser Companion file. Is this not ready yet or was it included in the one exe??

Post edited by DAZ_Kevin on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

It looks like a nice figure and set for the money, but I'm pretty much only interested in that leather jacket outfit. The suit and tie set he's wearing looks wonky at the collar.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited October 2012

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Coupons/offers are not combine-able, so you cannot use the Free Dryden Offer AND the Other coupon. Sorry.

RAMWolff said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

I didn't use the free Dryden offer Kevin. I only asked about it. So that still leaves me 10.00 paying too much since I did apply that to the order and didn't get it!

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

OK, Contact Customer Support and they should be able to help you on this to get it fixed.

RAMWolff said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

RAMWolff said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

I didn't use the free Dryden offer Kevin. I only asked about it. So that still leaves me 10.00 paying too much since I did apply that to the order and didn't get it!

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Why did the Instant Rebates (e.g. 50back10!) don't work here????

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    From the Product Page:
    This is a special Platinum Club ONLY Prerelease. All discounts and offers are Platinum Club ONLY. The full release of Hiro 5 will be announced at a later date. Soon perhaps.

None of the individual items are live yet, so none of these are active links. These links will become live when the full Hiro 5 release happens.

araneldon said:

I saw that. I just don't understand why you're not putting the rest of the items live for PC members given that the bundle page is woefully inadequate in communicating what is actually being sold.
    edited December 1969

I kicked a couple things... see if it works for you now. AND it SHOULD also work with the Dryden offer as well.

edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    I kicked a couple things... see if it works for you now. AND it SHOULD also work with the Dryden offer as well.

OOps! I forgot about the cash back.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Well, he looks okay, but this is definitely a case where it really might have made a difference if there'd been some kind of advance previews that stressed the differences in rigging, etc., and not having the individual part links active is a deal breaker. As it is, I'm just not seeing a huge benefit over the H4 Genesis morph, (let alone a combo of H4 and other morphs like Hitomi and Jason,) and given that this bundle has the same regular price as the MIchael 5 set and appears to be missing a certain piece of anatomy that I HAD to buy that set for, I'll probably end up either picking up the elements I want up in pieces once they become available or waiting until the next 65-70% off sale.

Of course, to be honest, the only figures I'd really get excited about right now are Thorne's teens, which have been languishing in limbo for months now. Hopefully November will bring better tidings...

edited December 1969

Of course, to be honest, the only figures I'd really get excited about right now are Thorne's teens, which have been languishing in limbo for months now. Hopefully November will bring better tidings...

About that release, I second to that. I seriously anticipate that release!

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

That's too bad, that's pretty damn short notice. Especially at the end of 2 months of sales. Nothing left, nada. zilch.
    And it's a bit of a shame that you can't see the individual details of the products in the bundles, so its basically a "buy it now before the sale changes even if you aren't sure exactly what you're getting" deal which is kinda risky.

Couldn't there be a basic bundle? I really only liked a couple outfits...

Sigh.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

Well, he looks okay, but this is definitely a case where it really might have made a difference if there'd been some kind of advance previews that stressed the differences in rigging, etc., and not having the individual part links active is a deal breaker. As it is, I'm just not seeing a huge benefit over the H4 Genesis morph, (let alone a combo of H4 and other morphs like Hitomi and Jason,) and given that this bundle has the same regular price as the MIchael 5 set and appears to be missing a certain piece of anatomy that I HAD to buy that set for, I'll probably end up either picking up the elements I want up in pieces once they become available or waiting until the next 65-70% off sale.

It's a Genesis shape, so there aren't any differences in the rigging as such - though the joint centres will be shifted, as with other Genesis shapes.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

There is no downloadable Mac file for the Poser Companion Files on the base figure. Both links lead to the PC .exe file.

Yes, I will be opening a support ticket.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

I'm kind of meh about Hiro 5, personally. I guess toony characters don't do it for me that, much, plus I prefer adult not teen characters. But I'm glad for everyone who is excited about this model.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

This worked for me, the 50back10 and Dryden.
    Thanks.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

Does that mean I can't use my 30% coupon I got through email a few days ago and get Dryden for free if I end up buying the bundle? :(

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

Does that mean I can't use my 30% coupon I got through email a few days ago and get Dryden for free if I end up buying the bundle? :(

Worked for me a while back (about an hour ago).

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 541
    edited December 1969

Will be picking this up tomorrow morning. For some reason I've been into these type characters this year. Really love Hitomi and I think Hiro 5 will go real nice with her.