strange screen flicker with Hexagon

tearstears Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

my hexagon program seemed to have got corrupted, so i did an uninstall and a clean reinstall. Howevever now when i move any face or vert with the mouse, the edges of the screen display, ie Mat zones windows, scenes etc become distorted and pixelate. Additionally when i rotate or drag a primitive in the main modelling window it disappears, bits become invisiible etc. I turned off open gl settings in preferences but nothing changes it. I don't get any display issues with DS4 or PP2012 and prior to the reinstall had no issues with hex either...Any clues?

Comments

• edited December 1969

tears said:
    Any clues?

Yeah. "Screen flicker". :)

Sorry for my jokes...we can get serious now...

This sounds like it might be a video card problem, possibly having something to do with a video function known as "overlaying".

What are your system specs - and especially your video card?

Also, what caused your previous installation of hexagon to become corrupted; i.e: what were the symptoms of your corruption?

Do you experience video problems in any other applications? Can you play movies on your system with no problems AFTER you reinstalled hexagon?

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 516
    edited December 1969

tears said:
    my hexagon program seemed to have got corrupted, so i did an uninstall and a clean reinstall. .................................. and prior to the reinstall had no issues with hex either...Any clues?

Probably a corrupted preference file. un-installing/re-installing does not remove the preference file.
    First try resetting the preferences. In Hexagon, "File > User resources > Reset Preferences" then restart hexagon.
    If that does not help, you will need to manually delete the preferences file. Its location depends on which OS you have (and is in an hidden folder).

• RedSquareRedSquare Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

you will need to manually delete the preferences file.

Don't worry, it will rebuild itself when you restart Hex'. :)