Poser Pro 2014 Library

Hi everybody, well, i have a problem with the library (content) of poser 2014..., i installed the poser 2014 in "C:\Poser 2014\" and the content in another path (another drive): "D:\Poser 2014 Content\" but, when i open poser 2014, the content is empty, not show nothing of content. Some objs such a hands or heads works, but the figures "Roxy", "Rex" etc etc asre empty.

Well, can you help me? sorry for my english..

Comments

• Are you sure you isntalled all of the content packs? As I recall there are several of them.

• MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215

Poser may not be able to easily access necessary folders if the folders are within a protected directory structure. That's why they recommend installing the content directories in the local shared folders. Use the procedure for adding a content directory and then navigate to where you installed the content. (Look up "Add Directory" in the manual.)

If Poser can't "see" or find the directory when you're trying to add it, exit Poser and then give it Administrator Priveleges so that it always runs with the permissions it needs to read/write files. Restart it and you should be able to navigate to and add the desired directory.

Note: If you find that there is no content in the directory where you thought you installed it, or you only find a directory name and nothing else, re-run the installers, but run them as Administrator. That should give them the permissions they need to install the files if they didn't have it before.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,784

The OP installed it to the root of his D: drive, which shouldn't have any permission issues.  I have my content installed to a subdirectory on D:...

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

Is your D: drive on an external device?

For two of my computers, my content is on an external drive.  On those machines, whenever I start Poser, I have to re-map the content libraries to that device, because (unlike DAZ Studio) Poser does not retain that information.

• I had the exact same problem. The program installed (Win 7), I updated folder permissions, Everything was on the C Drive in the recommended place) and  and nothing appeared at all in the Library (although the Libraries of both 2010 and 11 worked fine). I wish I had something hopeful to tell you, but I bought a new laptop and a new desktop, so I stopped looking for a solution.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,784
    edited August 2016

Is your D: drive on an external device?

For two of my computers, my content is on an external drive.  On those machines, whenever I start Poser, I have to re-map the content libraries to that device, because (unlike DAZ Studio) Poser does not retain that information.

I missed this reply.  Mine are not on an external drive, but as long as an external drive is mounted when Poser is closed, and also when Poser is reopened, the Library should find it.  However, if the drive isn't mounted, Poser will remove runtimes on that drive from the Library.    You can look in the LibraryPrefs.xml file in its configuration directory (In your folder under C:/users in Roaming/Apps/Poserpro/10, IIRC) and see the list of  mapped runtime folders..

Post edited by WandW on
  • open poser, go to the top of your library look for the running man both positive and negative, use the + and find the directory for your content and add it, then where it says show library, use the drop down arrow and you'll see the library you just pointed to, that should fix it it fixed mine

• MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215
    edited September 2016
    f_e_r_5 said:

Hi everybody, well, i have a problem with the library (content) of poser 2014..., i installed the poser 2014 in "C:\Poser 2014\" and the content in another path (another drive): "D:\Poser 2014 Content\" but, when i open poser 2014, the content is empty, not show nothing of content. Some objs such a hands or heads works, but the figures "Roxy", "Rex" etc etc asre empty.

Well, can you help me? sorry for my english..

From thinking about a similar issue in another thread, you need to check your Firewall/Anti-Virus to be sure that Poser has access to the necessary ports. I don't recall what they are, but you should be able to find them pretty easily or simply white-list Poser in both Windows Firewall and your AV Firewall to allow it access. This is perfrectly normal and many programs use ports in order to process information without having anything to do with accessing the internet/network connections at all.

For example, see here where a Poser 9 user had similar issues: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2837364

You should be notified by your OS/AV on Poser's "first run" that it is attempting to access Firewall ports. You may have denied this (instinctively or because of how you've set up AV) and, because of that, your OS/AV will no longer notify you that Poser is continuing to request that access.

Post edited by Morkonan on