Exporting a ready to render scene - iRay

I have a laptop which has an nvidia chip in it.

But I dont have Daz3D or the entire library installed on it.

Is there any way to export the scene with textures so it can be rendered on Studio on the laptop without the library?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

You would have to install Daz Studio on the laptop to render in Iray. You could use Content Gatherer to zip up only the files used by the scene and then transfer that zip file to your laptop. On the laptop you would have to unzip those files into a library and set Daz Studio Content Directory Manager to look at that library.

• artphobeartphobe Posts: 97

Hmm thank you.

I tried to export as OBJ and "collect all maps options". The scene got exported, but some textures like the face of the character were not loaded properly :/

I recommend Content Gatherer, which I linked to above. I used it to move individual scenes and all their contents to a new computer and try it out before installing everything over there.

edited August 2016
    barbult said:

I recommend Content Gatherer, which I linked to above. I used it to move individual scenes and all their contents to a new computer and try it out before installing everything over there.

Does it analyze the scene file and collect it all. Im reading its PDF and its so NOT user friendly. If I have to add files, then it seems kinda pointless.

Edit:

Found this will try out:

I'm not sure where your problem is, so I will tell you the workflow I use.

Open Content Gatherer.

Open the directory where your DS scene file is.

Drag and drop the DS file right onto the top window in CG. The file (or files) should appear in the top window.

If the bottom window didn't auto populate with asset files, hit the analyze button. That will populate the window. (What it is doing is looking at your scene file and making a list of all of the used assets.)

Click the validate button. That will add more information to the bottom window. (What it is doing is checking the list of assets and cataloging the file locations.)

Click the File List button. That will bring up a new window.

Click the Zip button. That will create a Zip file containing all of the referenced files as well as the DS scene file.

Post edited by artphobe on
    That should work for you.

Yep it worked perfectly. On a side note, a GT540M with 96 cuda cores, is way way slower in rendering than an i7 6700k :D

Oh well. Now you know.
  • barbult said:

You would have to install Daz Studio on the laptop to render in Iray. You could use Content Gatherer to zip up only the files used by the scene and then transfer that zip file to your laptop. On the laptop you would have to unzip those files into a library and set Daz Studio Content Directory Manager to look at that library.

@Barbult - for the past 3 hours been checking this tool, tried installing it, read hundreds of comments from you helpin people with this issue throut the past years, but somewhow it doesn not work for me. So I am on a Mac, Been on a mac for a decade. Now I am moving to a PC. I want to move a specific scene and render it there. How do I export it with all the files that are used in it ? please please reply. thank you so much