New User In need of help.

amyleylandamyleyland Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello, I'm completely new to this, I've never used any 3D software before and I'm not particularity "Tech-savvy" so if I'm missing something really simple and look like i'm pulling your leg because "no-she-cant-be-that-stupid" I assure you, i am.

OK!, So I downloaded DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro, I have a account, I've put in the registration code as far as I'm aware I've crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's so to speak....but when i load up Studio there's...literally nothing there. I've ran through the tutorials and found out that there should be a Genesis character pre-loaded into the scene....it's not. I've clicked everything in the smart content tab because i though "oh maybe i have to tell it to pre-load it or something..." and so far i haven't had any luck.

So I'm sorry as I'm sure I'm coming off as a complete idiot and i'm sure your all face-palming at my stupidity but please could someone help a gall out?

I can provide screenshot if that would be any help to anyone.

Comments

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited October 2012

Hi...

Well first off, Welcome to 3D and to the Daz Forums. The people here are very friendly and very helpful...

Second, give yourself some credit, you read the tutorials and also found the New Users Forum to ask for help...

Now as to your problem... Did you download and install the Genesis Starter Essentials package?

It should be in your Available Downloads in your account page.

That has all the default content in it, including the Genesis figure that loads by default at startup.

Hope this helps... :)

edited to add

Post edited by niccipb on
  • amyleylandamyleyland Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Hi...

Well first off, Welcome to 3D and to the Daz Forums. The people here are very friendly and very helpful...

Second, give yourself some credit, you read the tutorials and also found the New Users Forum to ask for help...

Now as to your problem... Did you download and install the Genesis Starter Essentials package?

It should be in your Available Downloads in your account page.

That has all the default content in it, including the Genesis figure that loads by default at startup.

Hope this helps... :)

edited to add

Ahhh, thank you! haha. I didnt download that pack i've set the download running now hopefully it'll be a pretty simple install i'll let you know if i have any issues. Thank you ever so much for helping!! -hug-

• RomancefantasyRomancefantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Amyleyland. If you are the type who likes video tutorials, Daz3d has several tutorials on Youtube for Daz Studio 4. Some things such as menus may be different from DS4.5 but they will still have valuable tips and hints to get you started.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF26E7AB601772F0A&feature=plcp

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Ahhh, thank you! haha. I didnt download that pack i've set the download running now hopefully it'll be a pretty simple install i'll let you know if i have any issues. Thank you ever so much for helping!! -hug-

Don't feel bad. We've all been there at one time or another.

• OnieOnie Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    I have install uninstall 4 times of Daz Studio. In the end, i don't have the genesis figure, and this means i cant do anything.
    Will someone please help.
    What i did, please find my print screen:
    1. DazDIM
    2. Daz studio error message
    Thanks

daz_no_genesis_fidure.png
    1920 x 1080 - 347K
    dazdim_no_gf.png
    609 x 594 - 81K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Two things:

DIM uses a different default install location than DS used to. Can you post these 2 screenshots:
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

After you make sure those install locations match, go to Edit > Preferences > Startup and use the pulldown on the Startup scene to browse to Genesis.DUF (before 4.5 it used Genesis.DSF).

edited December 1969

Hi thanks for helping.
    I tried both path that has genesis, in Daz studio from where it is installed with Daz DIM, as in the picture below:
    result: 1path saying missing and no figure, another path figure made of blocks.
    thanks

daz_missing_file.png
    1521 x 873 - 209K
    daz_path2.png
    1500 x 737 - 280K
    daz_path.png
    1493 x 551 - 219K
    edited December 1969

Hi, sorry, i didn't post your screen you wanted, here it is:
    thank you for your help.

DazDIMConPath.png
    610 x 679 - 76K
    content_directory_man2.png
    479 x 469 - 56K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2013

Your DAZ Studio is Mapped to My Library (the default folder) but your Content is in C:Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library. All you need to do is ADD that path to your Content Directory Manager as both and you will then have your content that the DIM installed.

Here is mine set to the DIM folder.

Capture1.png
    448 x 357 - 27K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited July 2013

Hello, thank you for your reply. It is good instruction, i add the path, there is no more error message, but there is still no genesis figure, just empty environment.
    I also tried the Daz studio edit>preference>start up>load file from to be exactly like Daz DIM path to genesis starter essentials. Any other ideas please..
    Although, when i open the file manually through, file>open>document>my Daz library>genesis, i get the figure. Where is my mistake? Why cant i get it load normally like it should?
    thanks

Post edited by Onie on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bazaargig said:
    Hello, thank you for your reply. It is good instruction, i add the path, there is no more error message, but there is still no genesis figure, just empty environment.
    I also tried the Daz studio edit>preference>start up>load file from to be exactly like Daz DIM path to genesis starter essentials. Any other ideas please..
    Although, when i open the file manually through, file>open>document>my Daz library>genesis, i get the figure. Where is my mistake? Why cant i get it load normally like it should?
    thanks
    Should be set to this for Genesis to load at Start.
    Capture1.png
    511 x 512 - 28K
    edited July 2013

Hello everyone,
    Thank you so much for helping. I got the Genesis figure on opening Daz Studio 4.6. I would like to share what i did (to new users like me):
    Daz Studio, Edit>Preference>start-up>load file
    C:/User/Public/My Documents/My Daz Library/Runtime/Library/Daz People/Genesis
    Thank you all, i really appreciate it.
    Cheers :-)

Post edited by Onie on