General Freebie Requests

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    I downloaded a sportscar that comes with a police MAT, called Foberghini. Probably only realistic if the police force you're rendering has a VERY large budget. Can't remember where I found it, probably sharecg or renderosity, as I use them the most.

Nice one!
    Since I can create the world I make myself, I guess I can give them any budget I like ;)
    Downloading it now and I keep looking for some nice outfits, although I am afraid I have to purchase the new one from the DAZ store as it does look good.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    I downloaded a sportscar that comes with a police MAT, called Foberghini. Probably only realistic if the police force you're rendering has a VERY large budget. Can't remember where I found it, probably sharecg or renderosity, as I use them the most.

I know of several police departments that had all sorts of sports cars...Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari and so on...and not particularly large budgets.

They were formerly 'drug cars' that the police seized.

It's funny as hell, seeing a Porsche painted black and white with a light bar on its roof...

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    SteveM17 said:

I know of several police departments that had all sorts of sports cars...Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari and so on...and not particularly large budgets.

It's funny as hell, seeing a Porsche painted black and white with a light bar on its roof...

Oh wow, in what country was that?
    Can't imagine the police doing that here in the Netherlands!

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    mjc1016 said:
    SteveM17 said:

US...most of the time, though, they were used for undercover work and rarely painted 'police colors'. But every once in a while some city would put one in the livery of their police department.

The property seizure laws, especially related to drug crimes, went pretty darn crazy over here, during the 80s and 90s...so police departments ended up a lot of crazy stuff. (In many cases, they weren't allowed to sell the stuff...so they were stuck with it or had to destroy it. And who, in their right mind, wants to send a Porsche off to be crushed?)

• fleetppfleetpp Posts: 199
    edited October 2012

I'm looking for a gentleman's smoking jacket or short bathrobe for Michael 4 (I'm still using DAZ 3).

EDIT: Solution found.

Post edited by fleetpp on
    edited December 1969

I've got a bathrobe almost done, but it's for Genesis...the reason I made it is I looked and looked and couldn't find any freebies, for DS. Yeah, there's a couple of free/very low cost items...but they are Poser Dynamics. I do kind of remember something for M3 or H3, though...yeah, it's at poserworld...an M3 bathrobe.

Adzan had a couple of things for H3 that could work...but it would require conversion with CrossDresser or Wardrobe Wizard.

Ode for Hiro has a decent short robe/tunic.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/36259/gallery/11/Poser/Ode-for-Hiro

edited October 2012

mjc1016 said:
    I've got a bathrobe almost done, but it's for Genesis...the reason I made it is I looked and looked and couldn't find any freebies, for DS. Yeah, there's a couple of free/very low cost items...but they are Poser Dynamics. I do kind of remember something for M3 or H3, though...yeah, it's at poserworld...an M3 bathrobe.

Adzan had a couple of things for H3 that could work...but it would require conversion with CrossDresser or Wardrobe Wizard.

Ode for Hiro has a decent short robe/tunic.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/36259/gallery/11/Poser/Ode-for-Hiro

Thanks for the link, I downloaded the file, but it's not what I was seeking.

EDIT: By changing the colors of the lab coat by Glitterati3D & Velocity3D I got the desired look.

very respectfully,
    fleet

Post edited by fleetpp on
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Estroyer said:
    mjc1016 said:
    SteveM17 said:

US...most of the time, though, they were used for undercover work and rarely painted 'police colors'. But every once in a while some city would put one in the livery of their police department.

The property seizure laws, especially related to drug crimes, went pretty darn crazy over here, during the 80s and 90s...so police departments ended up a lot of crazy stuff. (In many cases, they weren't allowed to sell the stuff...so they were stuck with it or had to destroy it. And who, in their right mind, wants to send a Porsche off to be crushed?)

Well, the 'war on drugs' is pretty much nothing more than a big money making scheme....for both the cops and drug lords.

Anyhow, if you watch some Japanese anime, sports cars often are used as police cars. Also in Transformers 2000: Carobots, Mach Alert, one of the Auotobots, did become a police Lamborghini.

edited December 1969

Well, the 'war on drugs' is pretty much nothing more than a big money making scheme....for both the cops and drug lords.

Anyhow, if you watch some Japanese anime, sports cars often are used as police cars. Also in Transformers 2000: Carobots, Mach Alert, one of the Auotobots, did become a police Lamborghini.

I used to live in Ohio, in the 80s, and travelling through northern Ohio, along I-80, I've seen more than one police sports car...there were several Porsches that were used in that area during the mid-80s.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Yeah, Police departments will use sports cars as "chase" cars/interceptors for highway speed traps, but, typically, not standard patrol. I've seen Trans-Ams, Camaros, Chartgers, Mustangs, though not any Euro cars.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited October 2012

Anyhow, are there any face morphs of Tom Baker, Christopher Eccleston, and Billy Dee Williams for Michael 4 and any of Bea Aurthur for Victoria 4?

Post edited by TheCastellan on
  • Dark-ElfDark-Elf Posts: 955
    edited December 1969

Found an old post for a cut throat (barber style) razor but the link is dead... Any suggestions? Making a cover for the Jack the Ripper novel I'm writing and need a razor that would have been used in the late 1880's :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Rhadeya said:
    Found an old post for a cut throat (barber style) razor but the link is dead... Any suggestions? Making a cover for the Jack the Ripper novel I'm writing and need a razor that would have been used in the late 1880's :)

I am not well versed in the history of razors ... would this one do?
    http://www.wg3d.com./downloadsx.html

• Dark-ElfDark-Elf Posts: 955
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

I am not well versed in the history of razors ... would this one do?
    http://www.wg3d.com./downloadsx.html

That's exactly what I'm looking for :) Thank you :)

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Someone know where can i find some Sixus1 Draconis Rex pose?

Thanks to all.

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited October 2012

I'd like to find some good modern or near-modern classic firearms (assault rifle/submachine gun/pistol) as I discussed in a thread on the New Users Forum last week. They should look like actual weapon models if possible (e.g., Glock 17-26 series, AK-47/74, Colt M1911, Uzi and Skorpion submachine pistols) and should have attachments typical of what you'd expect a firearm in a spy movie/TV show or technothriller to have. Think, for example, the sort of weapon John Clark and Ding Chavez would carry in Tom Clancy's novels, or the U.N.C.L.E. Special (based on the Walther P-38) from the old TV classic "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.".

I'd also like to find some elegant-looking swords (rapiers, sabers, and the like, the kind used in European-style fencing and dueling).

P.S. Hand poses for V4 for the above would also be much appreciated.

Post edited by joea64_bdfaa5ca94 on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    I'd like to find some good modern or near-modern classic firearms (assault rifle/submachine gun/pistol) as I discussed in a thread on the New Users Forum last week. They should look like actual weapon models if possible (e.g., Glock 17-26 series, AK-47/74, Colt M1911, Uzi and Skorpion submachine pistols) and should have attachments typical of what you'd expect a firearm in a spy movie/TV show or technothriller to have. Think, for example, the sort of weapon John Clark and Ding Chavez would carry in Tom Clancy's novels, or the U.N.C.L.E. Special (based on the Walther P-38) from the old TV classic "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.".

There are a few on Poser World, but that isn't a free site...
    edited December 1969

Anyone know where I can find a good freebie guitar strap? I could have used one on my latest contest entry for the guitar and bass guitar in my scene.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Anyone know where I can find a good freebie guitar strap? I could have used one on my latest contest entry for the guitar and bass guitar in my scene.

http://mdp.s18.xrea.com/DL/DLpage.html

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjstrap

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

http://mdp.s18.xrea.com/DL/DLpage.html

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjstrapI've got that. I couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited November 2012

I'd like to get some mortuary-equipment props (embalming machine/pump, mortician's tools) that can be used with Renderosity's Eerie Morgue or Daz3D's West Park Morgue. I also need a modern casket prop with opening lids and interior upholstery/pillow. (EDIT: I know about Karth's free coffin model at ShareCG and have it, but I can't change the materials/colors on the object - no matter what I do it stays the default mat.)

Post edited by joea64_bdfaa5ca94 on
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    I'd like to get some mortuary-equipment props (embalming machine/pump, mortician's tools) that can be used with Renderosity's Eerie Morgue or Daz3D's West Park Morgue. I also need a modern casket prop with opening lids and interior upholstery/pillow. (EDIT: I know about Karth's free coffin model at ShareCG and have it, but I can't change the materials/colors on the object - no matter what I do it stays the default mat.)

In DAZ studio 3.1, I was able to change the color of Karth's coffin lining by going to View Tabs Surfaces, and changing the inlet color for coffin i, right door, and left door.

In DAZ 4.5, select Window Tabs Surfaces (color), then change the inlet color for coffin 1, right door, and left door.

There are probably other ways to do this, too.

• lobus777lobus777 Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know where I can find a drafting table? I've attached a photo of more or less what I need, it's from a 3d website. Free would be great but I would be willing to pay for one that doesn't require me to part with a limb or organ! The one pictured is beautiful but way too expensive! Thanks for your time!

drafting_table_1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 67K
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

lobus777 said:
    Does anyone know where I can find a drafting table? I've attached a photo of more or less what I need, it's from a 3d website. Free would be great but I would be willing to pay for one that doesn't require me to part with a limb or organ! The one pictured is beautiful but way too expensive! Thanks for your time!

Not too expensive, and currently on sale - though sale ends midnight tonight Renderosity time:

Design Office A whole design office with drafting tables.

• lobus777lobus777 Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    lobus777 said:

Not too expensive, and currently on sale - though sale ends midnight tonight Renderosity time:

Design Office A whole design office with drafting tables.

Wow, that was a quick response and exactly what I needed thanks DavidGB!!!:-)

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited November 2012

Does anyone know where I can find firemen gear? I'm talking about classic fireman clothes, boots, pants, fire coat and duck bill fire helmet.
    The stuff they ware when they go into a burning building. Free of course, as I want to use it in the freebie contest.
    For M3/M4 V3/V4 & A3/H3. I've checked rendo & sharecg and found face masks, 1 helmet & a lot of hand tools, but no fire coats.
    As for fire trucks, I've found a lot of pumpers, EMTs, ladder trucks & ambulances.
    I was wanting to do a 9/11 render, but the lack of clothing (free) has me stumped.

Thanks in advance.
    Gerry

Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • edited December 1969

A while back, I had a prop pair of walrus tusks that I used for various models. Thanks to a forced reboot of my system, I ended up losing it. Could someone direct me to another one of these? Thanks.

• edited November 2012

Does anyone have an elephant head (and maybe body) morph for Genesis, preferably free? Maybe one that doesn't look as 'tough' as the Elebeast?
    [Is the Troll for Genesis absolutely necessary for the Elebeast?]

Post edited by richardgaray_c9b7eb2acb on
  • SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know where I can find a free galleon or man-of-war type ship? I found one at Sharegc called the prince william, but its very high poly count makes it almost unuasable on my doddering old computer.
    I'm wanting something similar, but less taxing for my system.

This discussion has been closed.