Question about Scene images

SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
edited October 2012 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi
I'd like to use reference images I've created to help with modelling a few head morphs using hexagon
However I don't see any options for editing a scene images size or position can anyone tell me how I would go about aligning my reference images?
any help would be appreciated
thanks

Post edited by Sonofbelmont on

Comments

• m_m_italym_m_italy Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Try to put your image on a surface.
    No sfondo
    Surface....
    Sorry but I do understand the English language only 0.1%.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, create a plane of the desired size to put the image on, then you can position or size it as desired.

• ausairausair Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The process I use is:

Create a plane that has the same size as the image.

Then uv map the plane.

Create a material which includes the image and apply the material to the plane.

The flip image commands in the material settings are buggy when you reopen your scene so don't use those. If the image is upside down then re uvmap and check the flip u or v options under the uvmapping options.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

ausair said:
    The process I use is:

Create a plane that has the same size as the image.

Then uv map the plane.

Create a material which includes the image and apply the material to the plane.

The flip image commands in the material settings are buggy when you reopen your scene so don't use those. If the image is upside down then re uvmap and check the flip u or v options under the uvmapping options.

Wow...that's a lot of work just to get a background image to model against.

Can't you just flip/rotate the plane manually?

edited December 1969

Possibly (I've never tried it) but it is just as easy to hit he uvmap button and click the flip V or U

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited October 2012

I guess I'm spoiled...in Blender, you can load the image directly. No need to map it to a plane....and then it's a simple slider to position/scale it. And you can load the same image to all views or a different image to each view. Doesn't get much easier than that...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • hiker_1hiker_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

actually Hex does *most* of that as well... you can directly upload images in hex, but it does not allow you to reposition them -- it has one set position for each of the three views... you can upload three images, one for each view.

of course the other workaround in hex is to size/position your images in an image editor before you upload them-- i've done this as well...

8)

edited December 1969

hiker_1 said:
    actually Hex does *most* of that as well... you can directly upload images in hex, but it does not allow you to reposition them -- it has one set position for each of the three views... you can upload three images, one for each view.

of course the other workaround in hex is to size/position your images in an image editor before you upload them-- i've done this as well...

8)

I think it is more flexible to have you images on planes that you can move around to align the 3 views. The planes can be locked once positioned correctly.