Why Is My Pie Crust Still Frozen Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Cool here today under a lead-grey sky :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I liked Voyager's doctor. He was holographic. Now the doctor I like wears a bow tie and has two hearts.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, I admit I was part of the ones doing it but We need more Complaints for the Complaints thread.

Complaint: My Arthritis has pushed my Fatigue into high gear today. I got 8 hours of sleep and I still have no energy today.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I am complaining because there are more complaints in the stupid thread than there are in the complaints thread.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Both threads are filling up and starting to spill over.

edited December 1969

Complaint: My dinner tasted awful, and the portions were too small.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Complaint: I can't sleep. Despite not sleeping last night.

Complaint 2: My throat is feeling like it wants to swell shut and nasal cavities are full of gummy gold. Medicating myself with tea now.

Complaint 3: when my friend and I hit a grill kiosk for some quick food intake on our grocery tour, the quality of the place had gone down. I got myself a kebab with fries -- and the best part of the damn thing was chopped onions smeared in ketchup. And they totally hosed my friend's order. Apparently when the customs office and long-distance hauling depot moved their offices away, they dropped quality or something...

edited December 1969

If anyone is emo, it is Hamlet specially with the To Be or Not To Be speech. But then maybe he is actually grieving over his dead father. Guess he is Emo if his melancholy is false but he is not if it is true. Guess David Tennent was being Emo when he played Hamlet. He was just pretending to be sad because that is how Hamlet felt during those scenes.

I have the audio book Romeo and Juliet. I think I do, if not I have to find that site which gives out free audiobooks for old books out of copyright or something. I cannot read Shakespeare's plays but I can listen to them in audio format. Romeo and Juliet must be a bunch of Emos too because they get so upset at the end and kill themselves.

edited December 1969

Is there anywhere I can find free audio things of Shakespeare plays for my iPhone. I have one, but it only one voice. I am looking for something with a full cast so it is like an audio play instead of an audio book. Each character gets their own actor or actress. The version I have says the name of the person talking before they say it.

Or maybe some videos I can get at Netflix that do Shakespeare's plays accurately. I watched Hamlet with David Tennant and Patrick Stewart. I think it was pretty accurate in the lines. That was easier to follow than this audiobook version of Romeo and Juliet.

Also what is that free audio book site. I think it something similar to audiovok or something like that.

edited December 1969

No I think it is libervox or something like that.

edited December 1969

Librivox http://librivox.org/

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:
    wow can't imagine what that would be like. Colder than I was today I guess :)

CORRECTION: The foot of snow has been downgraded to, uhh... 3 inches of snow.

I SWEAR IT LOOKED BIGGER WHEN I SAW IT.

On the other hand, it is still snowing, which means we might get that foot of snow by the evening after all.

Also... ignoring the small typo in name...

so you won't need knee high socks today? :)

needz them here instead, has been very cold the past couple of days for some reason :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Claudia played a fox in Rango. Rango voice sounds a lot like Johnny Depp. sigh!

Is Johnny...but I guess you knew. :)

Yes it is Johnny but Rango is a 3d movie so I can only hear his voice in the movie. I wish I could make a 3d movie and have Johnny Depp be one of the voice actors.

Guess you knew that I want to do 3d renders. I mean 3d not as in 3d glasses but as in the models being 3d verses 2d. Right now my favorite 3d figure is Genesis. Tomorrow I can find time to see how I can play with Genesis in 2012. Is there any way to make Genesis look like Johnny? I know there is a M4 Johnny but I was wondering if there is a Genesis Johnny.

Always get a laugh out of watching Rango, is a perfect comedy imho :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Do "Tentacle Nests"!

You will need:
    frozen dough for leafy style of pastry
    wieners
    cheese and small nibbly things like olives or whatevs
    muffin tins

Cut the dough sheets into halves (so you have roughly square sheets of dough), put into the tin. Put in some cheese, nibblies. Take a wiener, and carefully splice 2/3rds of it (lengthwise) into half and then half again. Put two wieners cut like this in the middle of the tin, uncut bit down, and secure dough around it (might need cocktail sticks for that). Bake!

mmmm tentacle nibbles, sounds super munchy :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Not a complaint and not stupid either, so I'll just post it here.
    Anyone besides me get a 30% Off coupon notice from Daz with the following message?
    "Welcome Back!
    We’ve noticed you haven’t been by in a while, and frankly, we miss you! To help you remember all of the good times, we’re giving you an extra 30% OFF your next purchase of DAZ Original products."
    Uhh...I don't think I've gone more than a week without buying something here since the shop started functioning again in June?
    I used the coupon already and thanks and all but...shouldn't I actually leave before I'm missed?

:question:

a random act of kindness?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Librivox http://librivox.org/

Thanks!

edited December 1969

If anyone is emo, it is Hamlet specially with the To Be or Not To Be speech. But then maybe he is actually grieving over his dead father. Guess he is Emo if his melancholy is false but he is not if it is true. Guess David Tennent was being Emo when he played Hamlet. He was just pretending to be sad because that is how Hamlet felt during those scenes.

I have the audio book Romeo and Juliet. I think I do, if not I have to find that site which gives out free audiobooks for old books out of copyright or something. I cannot read Shakespeare's plays but I can listen to them in audio format. Romeo and Juliet must be a bunch of Emos too because they get so upset at the end and kill themselves.

Romeo and Juliet rejected the order of things for the sake of their personal feelings yes, but they forgot to use their minds and got it wrong :) Hamlet? Complicated and indecisive hey. Hamlet isn't a joiner, so is unlikely to be affected by fashion. Afraid of his dead father maybe?

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

See if you can find Othello with Sir Lawrence Olivier to watch.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited October 2012

I remember someone somewhere saying the "To be or not to be" line was born from him writing all his plays and stuff with a 2B pencil and he ran out. So he had to make the decision to go and buy more 2B pencils or not 2B pencils (And buy H, HB, F, etc pencils)

:)
    "2B or not 2B" XD

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Which pencil can cause a great deal of angst alright :)

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Othello is timeless :)

edited December 1969

The Smileys are broken again.

edited December 1969

The DSON importer keeps breaking :(

dsoncrash2.png
    354 x 288 - 39K
    edited December 1969

Bored. Can't sleep. Bath-time, I guess. Meh.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    AtticAnne said:

So is a broken clock. :)

edited October 2012

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    AtticAnne said:

zen engineering, the clock has no further need for time :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    AtticAnne said:

The sound of one clock hand clapping...or ticking.
    And yet a stopped clock is precisely accurate down to the nanosecond .twice a day. :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I remember someone somewhere saying the "To be or not to be" line was born from him writing all his plays and stuff with a 2B pencil and he ran out. So he had to make the decision to go and buy more 2B pencils or not 2B pencils (And buy H, HB, F, etc pencils)

"2B or not 2B" XD

Said Hamlet to Ophelia,
    I'll draw a sketch of thee,
    What kind of pencil shall I use?
    2B or not 2B?
    Spike Milligan

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    AtticAnne said:

The sound of one clock hand clapping...or ticking.
    And yet a stopped clock is precisely accurate down to the nanosecond .twice a day. :)

Timeless time :) The Return of Doctor X is on TV. Mad scientists, zombies and porkpie hats :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

"2B or not 2B" XD

Said Hamlet to Ophelia,
    I'll draw a sketch of thee,
    What kind of pencil shall I use?
    2B or not 2B?
    Spike Milligan

heh :)

This discussion has been closed.