Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

14445474950100

Comments

  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 5,620
    edited August 2016

    This is Winterland rendered in Iray set to Sun and Sky, draw Dome on and using the Winterland Skydome, and lights set to Photometric with the parameters untouched. The wolves are 3Delight renders of the LAMH Wolf2 on Planes as LAMH keeps crashing on me when I try to use it with the wolf hair and converting it to Fibrehair. I used the Let It Snow shader on the terrain as it didn't look right when I converted everything to Iray usung the Iray Uber Shader.

    This is 10 per cent in and 10 hours rendering so a long way to go yet :)

    Click on image for full size.

    winterland-wolf-trail-002.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 1M
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,540

    Those wolves and scenery are fantastic!!! I like the snow (and what a great render for the middle of summer. Refreshing for all the folks who are having 100 degree weather right now...

    BTW, hope the forum members in Louisiana are doing okay. That huge tropical mass dumped about 5-8" here in Pensacola (Destin got 14") but most places here didn't flood much.  Thinking about you folks!

  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 6,369
    edited August 2016
    Fishtales said:

    This is Winterland rendered in Iray set to Sun and Sky, draw Dome on and using the Winterland Skydome, and lights set to Photometric with the parameters untouched. The wolves are 3Delight renders of the LAMH Wolf2 on Planes as LAMH keeps crashing on me when I try to use it with the wolf hair and converting it to Fibrehair. I used the Let It Snow shader on the terrain as it didn't look right when I converted everything to Iray usung the Iray Uber Shader.

    Does this really work? (I thought Let It Snow used a specifically 3Delight shader?)

    PS: I also meant to say that I really like that render, it looks great.

    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 5,620
    edited August 2016
    MelanieL said:
    Fishtales said:

     

    Does this really work? (I thought Let It Snow used a specifically 3Delight shader?)

    PS: I also meant to say that I really like that render, it looks great.

    There is a set of Iray shaders for it too.

    Two very quick renders 1) is the fefault with Iray Uber Shader and 2) is the Let It Snow/ Heavy Snow Iray Shader.

    _test-snow-01.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 2M
    _test-snow-02.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 2M
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 6,369

    Oops! I went looking in the store and couldn't find it - seems I bought it already! (I'd completely forgotten that)

  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 5,620

    Another one using the Snow Flake Array.

    Click on image for full size.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,540

    Loving these!!!! 

  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 5,620
    Novica said:

    Loving these!!!! 

    Thank you. I'm just having fun :)

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,513

    I need to learn how to use that.  The first time I tried it I did not have much luck.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,540

    I can't remember if the orange popup was at the top in the wee hours of the morning this morning (when the site changed over) but there's an additional discount for InaneGlory's catalog (10%) and 50% off certain Window items.  Wanted to mention the IDG Portrait Studio 2 Props has nice poses for couples- and single poses which would be great for swimming pool areas. They would work nicely on pool steps or sitting by the pool with the legs dangling in.

    Chapter House is one of the Window items, and thought I'd mention the walls and elements are all separate items, rather neat for using individual sections. It's not Iray but just use shaders if you have them and away you go!  I'm wondering if that dome top (third row of thumbnails, first image) could be stuck in the ground for a neat pavilion. 

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,540
    edited August 2016

    Wow, lots of bundles in Fast Grab!  I haven't surfed the rest of the forums so I assume these have already been mentioned. But in case they're new, or not mentioned, wanted you to know.  I've not been online much, out to the barn, working on the book, getting ready for the new dog- coming tonight! Will post pictures probably tomorrow.  EDIT: Don't forget to use your PC codes on them and get another $6 off too!

    Post edited by Novica on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,540
    edited August 2016

    Modern Villa has a nice setup for loading. You can load up the building by itself, the four concrete walls (fence) load separately as are the four vases.  One thing I don't like is the individual props do not load logically. The deck chair loads where the drink and garden table (and I assume other props) load, which is in the house.  (and I just tested the bed, it loaded at the same location too.)  The kitchen loads in properly, which is first floor in a nooked area, but the bed and other items are loading in that same room, back along a wall, which is the living room with the pool right outside the glass doors.

    For the pool water, there is a Y translate (up and down.) Windows have translations to slide left and right with X translate. In Scene, there are no individual walls. You're not going to like the Surface material setup if you want to hide walls, it's only concrete gray and concrete white.  I will say this- I found it pretty easy to get around inside the rooms without having wall interference, and there is an extreme amount of light coming in so you shouldn't have to hide a wall to get good lighting. 

    There are emissive lights throughout, a very nice touch to have glowing lights on the wall, both inside and outside. Doing a few quickie default Iray lighting shots. There's a LOT of potential with so many rooms.  I did not darken the white deck around the pool, but I would suggest using the Surface section and give the Diffuse a bit of gray.

    30% at a minute and a half, renders fast on my machine, so I don't think hiding walls or not will make a big render time difference for many of you. This is with the building empty (although the bed, drink, and a few props were in there) so with people and other props, you may be looking at twenty minutes + added on. (assuming you eliminate props not in the scene, which is a no-brainer.) 

    50% at 2 minutes 15 seconds                              65% at 2 mins 40 seconds                73% at 3 minutes        80% at 3 mins 20 seconds         90% at 4 minutes 20 seconds  

    95%   5 minutes         6 minutes 3 seconds DONE

    this was Environment Intensity 1.18, with the Burn Highlights down to .11 (it decreases the white glare for the pavement)  Exposure Value 13.77, Shutter Speed 137.34  with Film Iso 158.52. 

     

    modernvillaDefaultLites.jpg
    632 x 600 - 201K
    modernvillaDefaultLites3.jpg
    632 x 600 - 328K
    modernvilla2.jpg
    588 x 272 - 734K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,513

    That's a really nice looking pool too with the underwater lights. 

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,540
    edited August 2016

    I've added a figure in a swimsuit and hair, and it's taking about ten minutes. Will post the render here in a few minutes. Using the render settings given previously, if you use Y Dome Orientation set to 230, you'll get very nice default lighting positioning.

    Not a fan of the default water up close though. (It does look fine from a distance.)  That isn't a swimsuit, it's Dance Gear, the leotard. Makes a great swimsuit. I used the Tropical Fabric Shaders and put tiling at 1 for the large print.  I love Taia's sheen, I think it's perfect out of the box.

    At The Pool Poses    Taia     Tropical Fabric Shaders   Galene Hair

     

     

    modernvillaDefaultLitestaia.jpg
    600 x 900 - 544K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 5,805
    Fishtales said:

    Another one using the Snow Flake Array.

    Click on image for full size.

    Really like the cattle trudging wearily through the deep snow. Great concept. 

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,513
    edited August 2016

    I wanted to show the new character from Chevybabe - Draupardi.  I don't buy very many characters anymore but she is really beautiful and has a lot of options both 3Delight and Iray. Some beautiful glitter make up as well.  There was an issue when using the mat with the gens but its been fixed and updated already.

     

    Draupardi Test 2.png
    1094 x 1094 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,540
    edited August 2016

    I wanted to show the new character from Chevybabe - Draupardi.  I don't buy very many characters anymore but she is really beautiful and has a lot of options both 3Delight and Iray. Some beautiful glitter make up as well.  There was an issue when using the mat with the gens but its been fixed and updated already.

     

     

    I'm glad you showed her, I'd wishlisted her.  I have Vencenzina and the diversity is wonderful!  I used Vencenzina, Stella, Star 2, Girl 7, Amaya, and Tahnee to get an original Star based character. She's 45%.  The body is only about 27%, Stella has .74 influence there.  Then I did about three hours of tweaking with sliders for the nose and mouth.  You'll really need to check the teeth when you are doing head sliders as the teeth can really get distorted. 

    Star2Morphed.jpg
    1100 x 1000 - 937K
    Star2Morphed2.jpg
    1100 x 1000 - 972K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,513

    She looks great!  I don't do a lot of toon or anime style characters but she's really gorgeous and unique.  Its very cool to see characters mixed like that.  I haven't actually done a lot of that outside of the randomizer (cause its just so darn fun I have a hard time putting it down lol.). but this makes me want to go and give it a try.

  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,148

    I wanted to show the new character from Chevybabe - Draupardi.  I don't buy very many characters anymore but she is really beautiful and has a lot of options both 3Delight and Iray. Some beautiful glitter make up as well.  There was an issue when using the mat with the gens but its been fixed and updated already.

     

    Very pretty. I admit, I've pretty much stopped buying female chracters, but she is interesting and I like her eyes.

  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,148
    Novica said:

    'm glad you showed her, I'd wishlisted her.  I have Vencenzina and the diversity is wonderful!  I used Vencenzina, Stella, Star 2, Girl 7, Amaya, and Tahnee to get an original Star based character. She's 45%.  The body is only about 27%, Stella has .74 influence there.  Then I did about three hours of tweaking with sliders for the nose and mouth.  You'll really need to check the teeth when you are doing head sliders as the teeth can really get distorted. 

    Very cool. Reminds me of a disney character!

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,540

    I am frustrated posing Star and Stella with the "click on and move" the body. They jump all over the place whenever I click then try to move the arm or leg. I'm extremely experienced in posing using the click on the body and move it, but with these, they jump vertically really high in the viewport.  I'm having to go to Parameters and use the bend slider. Anyone else experiencing that?

     

  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,699
    Novica said:

    I am frustrated posing Star and Stella with the "click on and move" the body. They jump all over the place whenever I click then try to move the arm or leg. I'm extremely experienced in posing using the click on the body and move it, but with these, they jump vertically really high in the viewport.  I'm having to go to Parameters and use the bend slider. Anyone else experiencing that?

     

    Sounds like they're ticklish. devil

  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,148

    I'm sorry, I don't have Stella or Star I'm afraid.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,540
    edited August 2016

    Ignore the fact my character on the right is floating (she's a magician's assistant, obviously),  I wanted you to see the original Star and body vs what you can do with dialing her body in about 24%. Her head was 45%.  Amaya and Tahnee are good additions to Star or Stella. The second image is Stella, and look at the striations above her upper lip, below the nose. Very light, but there.  I messed with the teeth because they were too squarish for my preferences, and I still want them more rounded. So note those are not the default teeth, and may be the cause of the striations? Swam's Anny Hair is cute for anime. 

    Star2Morphed3.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 763K
    StellaMyTeeth2.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 687K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,540
    edited August 2016

    I filed a bug report on the jerky posing on Star (and Stella.)  They're looking into it.

    Be sure and use your PC codes if you haven't. It's the end of the month!

    instagram9crop.jpg
    563 x 871 - 335K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Novica said:

     

    Be sure and use your PC codes if you haven't. It's the end of the month!

     

     

    Picked up the UHT2 hair shader set yesterday with mine...

    Looking forward to playing with it once I get done with my current projects.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,540

    OMGoodness, I haven't been in touch with anyone from the stables, and this happened to a 7 year old girl who rides one of the horses at the barn and trains with the trainer.  What happened- another child ignored the red ribbon tail warning (do not approach close from behind) and cantered her horse up behind our stable horse, who startled and unseated the 7 year old. The horse fell on her and broke (maybe crushed) her pelvis and damaged her uterus. I just found out about it today when I called to chitchat with the stable owner (who owns the horse.) I don't know how long this little gal will be in the hospital.  indecision

  • Novica said:

    OMGoodness, I haven't been in touch with anyone from the stables, and this happened to a 7 year old girl who rides one of the horses at the barn and trains with the trainer.  What happened- another child ignored the red ribbon tail warning (do not approach close from behind) and cantered her horse up behind our stable horse, who startled and unseated the 7 year old. The horse fell on her and broke (maybe crushed) her pelvis and damaged her uterus. I just found out about it today when I called to chitchat with the stable owner (who owns the horse.) I don't know how long this little gal will be in the hospital.  indecision

    Oh no that's terrible!  I hope she makes a full recovery...

  • That's sad but horses can and do harm people. People need to use caution and judgement when around them.

  • I can just imagine that kind of damage after a horse lands on girl that young.  Horses are not light animals.  I really hope that someone gave the other child a stern talking to about safety rules.  There are reasons stables use those types of big red flags on a horse's tail!  Unfortunately, a lot of kids these days either don't care or enjoy ignoring safety precautions.  It, also, saddens me that I can see concerned parents getting all up in arms and start blaming the horse instead of the child responsible and the young girl who was hurt is going to have to live the rest of her life with some possibly horrible consequences from those types of serious injuries.

This discussion has been closed.