Send In The Clones and Send In The Clones Pro Now for DS4.5 [Commercial]

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

I purchased the bundle for Send in the Clone (standard not Pro) but it is not showing the discount.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    I purchased the bundle for Send in the Clone (standard not Pro) but it is not showing the discount.

Not sure if DAZ3D caught that. I'll email them. Probably will not hear back until Tomorrow.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

Can I ask something, and I don't mean for this to sound critical...are there any new features in this version of Pro that were not in the original Pro? I ask because if not...well, I don't think 50% off is enough for what's really a version compatibility patch.

I did purchase the original Pro, but I can't justify buying it again just so it will work with the current (and only available) version of Studio. In no way do I mean to suggest that the product is not worth the price, but when I purchase any piece of software, I really don't expect to have to pay more in the future for it to continue to run.

Thanks for listening.

SnowS

edited December 1969

Can I ask something, and I don't mean for this to sound critical...are there any new features in this version of Pro that were not in the original Pro? I ask because if not...well, I don't think 50% off is enough for what's really a version compatibility patch.

I did purchase the original Pro, but I can't justify buying it again just so it will work with the current (and only available) version of Studio. In no way do I mean to suggest that the product is not worth the price, but when I purchase any piece of software, I really don't expect to have to pay more in the future for it to continue to run.

Thanks for listening.

SnowS

Version compatibility (A lot more involved than a couple of string changes, and recompile), and added support for Genesis and the new daz formats.

The 50% off is on top of the 30% intro price, which makes it actually 65% off...

I know how you feel... That was part of my decision to not write this program as a plugin originally... So I wouldn't have to spend days rewriting it every time a new version of DAZ was released. But that didn't pan out with the massive changes DAZ made in DS4.5.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Can we ask for features to be added, DraagonStorm?

Kendall

The product is already passed QA and in the store....... What kind of features are you thinking about?

I was thinking for your next update...

Anyway, it'd be nice to be able to choose an area limitation based on the area defined by a primitive. In other words, allow the user to create a primitive and use that as the enclosure for SITC to place items. This would be especially helpful for random placement. For instance, place a cone over a Christmas tree prop, and then tell SITC to place 50 ornaments on the tree randomly, limited to the area within the cone.

Also, an option to have the objects "fall" onto the first mesh they encounter. Like toys on a stairwell. Place the toys above the area, set the option to fall, and then the toys get placed, and then descend on the Y axis until they encounter a mesh, where they stop. Or use it to populate a streambed, or create a pile of items.

Kendall

Cool ideas, when I have extra time I'll look into how to do stuff like that :) .......~~~~~~ DraagonStorm wonders if it can even be done in script, or does she need to learn .net and C ~~~~~~..........

I'm pretty sure it can be done in script. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Kendall

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Thanks for listening.

SnowS

There is the new ability to have SITC use the built-in Instances. Now lots of flowers, or trees don't have to take massive amounts of resources.

That's worth the $8.xx all by itself in my mind.

Kendall

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

I can also confirm that the discount is not showing up in the cart. :(

edited December 1969

Did you purchase the Bundle also?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Did you purchase the Bundle also?I bought the bundle also and the discount isn't showing up....

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited October 2012

I just got regular send in the clones

EDIT: oh boo, just read the second page and realized that since I got the standard i can't upgrade to the pro....sure enough it takes the discount off the standard but not the pro version...

too bad, I was going to get the pro version.

Nice thought tho.... ^_^

Ah well, I have something else that can clone for now.

Good job on the upgrade tho, just not for me right now. I will say that i used it often in DS3 (until the last few months when I reinstalled it and it didn't work anymore)

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Will there be an update to the Poser version as well?

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

I bought the Pro...it was worth it even without an extra 50% discount. The plug-ins for Daz and Poser are a steal. I have paid over $1000 for plug-ins for AE, C4D etc. And I don't want to even talk about Turbosquid when it comes to model prices. You guys do this for the love rather than the money. "Good on ye"

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Can we ask for features to be added, DraagonStorm?

The product is already passed QA and in the store....... What kind of features are you thinking about?

I was thinking for your next update...

Anyway, it'd be nice to be able to choose an area limitation based on the area defined by a primitive. In other words, allow the user to create a primitive and use that as the enclosure for SITC to place items. This would be especially helpful for random placement. For instance, place a cone over a Christmas tree prop, and then tell SITC to place 50 ornaments on the tree randomly, limited to the area within the cone.

Also, an option to have the objects "fall" onto the first mesh they encounter. Like toys on a stairwell. Place the toys above the area, set the option to fall, and then the toys get placed, and then descend on the Y axis until they encounter a mesh, where they stop. Or use it to populate a streambed, or create a pile of items.
    Cool ideas, when I have extra time I'll look into how to do stuff like that :) .......~~~~~~ DraagonStorm wonders if it can even be done in script, or does she need to learn .net and C ~~~~~~..........
    Looking forward to it! In the meantime, got SitCPro, got the discount (thanks), ready to clone around! :-P There gonna be a contest or a challenge this time around?

• ketthroveketthrove Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Does either version allow an option to use Geometry Shells or Instances in 4.5 instead of creating full new figures/props? Just curious.

edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Will there be an update to the Poser version as well?

The upgrade for the Poser version was done many moons ago... In that upgrade ~~ Poser8 to Poser9 ~~ it was just a matter of recompiling.

There is only the standard version available for Poser.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

I can also confirm, I bought the original bundle some years ago and I am only seeing the 30% discount not the additional 50% I should see. I would probably have already bought this if I did see the discount I was expecting.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

So is it best to wait for DAZ to fix the discount or to order and then put in a support ticket?

thanks

Pen

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    So is it best to wait for DAZ to fix the discount or to order and then put in a support ticket?

thanks

Pen

Personal opinion, YMMV, take with large grain of salt. :)

The customer service team has never been a problem for me, BUT they have been hammered of late with issues. The discount issue for the bundle is the type of problem that will get fixed fairly quickly Monday when the staff get back. If you don't absolutely need it before late Monday or Tuesday morning I'd wait for the discount to be fixed.

• LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

EDIT: oh boo, just read the second page and realized that since I got the standard i can't upgrade to the pro....sure enough it takes the discount off the standard but not the pro version...

Nice thought tho.... ^_^

Good job on the upgrade tho, just not for me right now. I will say that i used it often in DS3 (until the last few months when I reinstalled it and it didn't work anymore)

Same here. I was hoping for an upgrade path from the original Clones standard to the new Clones Pro, but it looks like I will be doing without. *Sigh*

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Nice thought tho.... ^_^

Same here. I was hoping for an upgrade path from the original Clones standard to the new Clones Pro, but it looks like I will be doing without. *Sigh*

Yep, me three...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Nice thought tho.... ^_^

Yep, me three...

Me four.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited October 2012

And me 5.

I hadn't known about the original's pro version coupon, either.

We did used to be able to see them, but there was no reason to look, except to verify one we were expecting. Daz doesn't email us about that stuff.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

My first test with Clone Pro. A simple setup that saved a bunch of time. I'm a satisfied customer.

image.jpg
    1104 x 1065 - 352K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    cridgit said:
    DS: If the upgrade version is a separate product in the store, do I have to install it over the previous version or is it a standalone installation?

I'm asking because I don't know if the previous version can be installed into DS4.5, but if the upgrade is standalone, how do you ensure only people who purchased the previous version get to use the upgrade?

DAZ3D is using their Database of purchasers to ensure who gets the 50% off at checkout.

The DS2/3 versions do not work in DS4.5. These newer versions are in their own folders, and have a new file name.... I did it this just in case the user is like me, and still uses DS3 sometimes ;)

And its not working as usual ;-) Should I go ahead and buy it then file a support ticket for a partial refund?

But is says DISCOUNT -8.xx below, the discount is there (mine was when I bought it)

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    My first test with Clone Pro. A simple setup that saved a bunch of time. I'm a satisfied customer.

Oooh, I like!

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Totte said:

Different discount for a different amount. Clearly from all the people who've posted they're not seeing the discount, it hasn't been applied or isn't working.

To keep things straight. The people who are not seeing the discount are the people who purchased the Send In The Clones Bundle which included Send In The Clones(the standard version for DS2/3) and LoRes Plants. DAZ3D did not include that product for the discount of the update to Send In The Clones DS4 (not Pro). I have sent them an email that the Bundle purchase should have been included for the Send In The Clones DS4 discount.

The 50% discount on the intro price for Send In The Clones DS4 Pro does come to $8.74 (DAZ rounds up from $8.735 which is 1/2 the amount of $17.47) which is what you are seeing from what I see in the image you posted on the first page. This is a PA product not a DAZ Original so no Platinum Club discounts apply.

• LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    And me 5.

I hadn't known about the original's pro version coupon, either.

We did used to be able to see them, but there was no reason to look, except to verify one we were expecting. Daz doesn't email us about that stuff.

LOL, I didn't even know there was a Pro version much less knowing about a coupon until I saw the new products. I don't spend as much time here as I used to as I have already bought about 90% of the store. = )

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Not seeing the discount at checkout. W T proverbial F?