Legacy UVs for Genesis 3 [Commercial]

Comments

• xyer0 said:

Thank you so much! And thank you for identifying the issue with Blake. This is very helpful. I use Raiya and Daz Originals almost exclusively for CU work, and when I was making my list, I noticed she did not start listing UVs until later in Genesis 2. Now that you've finished up the Legacy UVs, are you going to make some clothes? Or rest?

I've obviously caught the bug because I'm now doing Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis 2 Female(s).  I cannot escape the vortex of UV re-mapping!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677
    edited August 2016

So, once you pushed past the tedium that you told me about earlier this year, you fell into a groove, or vortex. Does this mean that you may consider Genesis 3 UVs for Victoria 4? That would be a big seller for the Poser people, methinks.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,759

FWIW, as far as I can tell, every single Genesis, G2F and G2M product ever sold at Renderosity used the V4/M4 UVs.

xyer0 said:

Thank you so much! And thank you for identifying the issue with Blake. This is very helpful. I use Raiya and Daz Originals almost exclusively for CU work, and when I was making my list, I noticed she did not start listing UVs until later in Genesis 2. Now that you've finished up the Legacy UVs, are you going to make some clothes? Or rest?

I've obviously caught the bug because I'm now doing Genesis 3 UVs for Genesis 2 Female(s).  I cannot escape the vortex of UV re-mapping!

Oooh!  Yes please!

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    xyer0 said:

Isn't there already a product (Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: G2F) over at the "other place" ?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677
    edited August 2016
    HeavyRay said:
    xyer0 said:

Isn't there already a product (Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: G2F) over at the "other place" ?

That allows using Genesis 2 Female textures on Genesis 3 Females.

I would think this new one will allow using Genesis 3 Female textures on Genesis 2 Females.

Post edited by xyer0 on

Hey Cayman,

The girls are great, as usual, but there seems to be a labeling issue on the gens for M5 and D5.  The UV map that works for them is labeled G2M, not Genesis.  Once I figured that out (and dealt with the fact that some of the Genesis mats are still .dsas, everything was fine, but you might want to look into it.   

• Cybersox, I think I mention in the PDF that the UV mapping for the male gens is basically the same for Genesis and Genesis 2, and so the transparency maps that are used are also the same.  Because I did the G2M set before the Genesis set, the naming will reflect that.

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    xyer0 said:
    HeavyRay said:
    xyer0 said:

That allows using Genesis 2 Female textures on Genesis 3 Females.

I would think this new one will allow using Genesis 3 Female textures on Genesis 2 Females.

OK, I see... thought Cayman was focusing on "allowing 'old' stuff onto new", but the reverse would be just as much appreciated.  Thanks to you for the response and thanks to Cayman for these products!   - Ray

• Hello

Daz Studio crash (CTD) when I try to apply a genital texture on a figure G3M -> G2M or any other action on genitals. (Crashs don't happen with women G3F -> G2F)

Have you any idea of what happens ?

I thank you for your answer.

• Hello

Daz Studio crash (CTD) when I try to apply a genital texture on a figure G3M -> G2M or any other action on genitals. (Crashs don't happen with women G3F -> G2F)

Have you any idea of what happens ?

I thank you for your answer.

I know of no reason why applying a texture on the genitalia, or any other object, would cause a crash.  Does this only happen when you are using the Legacy UVs product?  Or is this a more general problem?

• There is not a general problem. CTD happens if I apply GeoGraft_Gens on genitals but only if they fit on G3M figure. Daz don't crash if I apply the script on genitals only (fit to none).

Daz crash also if I apply Prepare G3M script when genitals are here (because GeoGraft_Gens script is automaticaly loaded) . Daz don't crash when I apply the script on a single G3M figure (without genitals).

So there is a CTD only on a G3M and Genitals group and it happens when GeoGraft_Gens is loaded.

(I'm sorry for my poor english).

• There is not a general problem. CTD happens if I apply GeoGraft_Gens on genitals but only if they fit on G3M figure. Daz don't crash if I apply the script on genitals only (fit to none).

Daz crash also if I apply Prepare G3M script when genitals are here (because GeoGraft_Gens script is automaticaly loaded) . Daz don't crash when I apply the script on a single G3M figure (without genitals).

So there is a CTD only on a G3M and Genitals group and it happens when GeoGraft_Gens is loaded.

(I'm sorry for my poor english).

Well, I have managed to create an error, though not a crash, if the genitalia is loaded but not fitted to G3M.  Could you check, before you run the Prepare script, that the genitalia is actually fitted to (not just parented to) G3M.

• Thank you for your help.

The genitalia is well fitted to G3M but there is always a CTD.

There shall be a conflict somewhere but I don't think your work is in cause. May be I will find a solution. For example if I loaded separatly G3M and genitalia and run your scripts, I can fit them together after I applied textures . There is no CTD like that.

(I use DazStudio 4.8.0.59).

• Thank you for your help.

The genitalia is well fitted to G3M but there is always a CTD.

There shall be a conflict somewhere but I don't think your work is in cause. May be I will find a solution. For example if I loaded separatly G3M and genitalia and run your scripts, I can fit them together after I applied textures . There is no CTD like that.

(I use DazStudio 4.8.0.59).

Have you looked in the Log file for a clue? (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File...)  Scroll up to the time of the crash and see what line number of the script is causing the problem.  You can post some of those lines on here perhaps.

• The last logs before CTD are :

File loaded in 0 min 8.5 sec.
    Loaded file: Genesis 3 Male.duf
    Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Loaded file: PHMMouthRealismHD.dsf
    Loaded file: PBMNavel.dsf

Loaded file: Genesis 3 Male Genitalia.duf
    Loaded file: Sym_correct.dsf
    Loaded file: FBMRealismHD.dsf

File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Loaded file: GeoGraft_Head.duf
    Ran tdlmake on image X:/lib/DIM/Runtime/Textures/Raiya/Eddie/RyEddie_legsB_1003.jpg
    Loaded file: GeoGraft_Leg_L.duf
    Loaded file: GeoGraft_Leg_R.duf
    Loaded file: GeoGraft_Shldr_L.duf
    Loaded file: GeoGraft_Shldr_R.duf
    Loaded file: GeoGraft_Gens.duf
    Loading script: X:/lib/DIM/People/Genesis 3 Male/Anatomy/Legacy UVs/Components/Legacy_Surfaces.dsa
    DEBUG: [object Object]
    Script executed successfully: X:/lib/DIM/People/Genesis 3 Male/Anatomy/Legacy UVs/Components/Legacy_Surfaces.dsa
    Loaded file: Start_Surfaces.duf
    FATAL: ASSERT: "asize <= aalloc" in file C:\DAZDevel\DAZStudioDependencies\Qt\Qt_4_8_6\DAZ_QT\include\QtCore/qvector.h, line 474

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited August 2016

It looks like there is a conflict between the "Start_Surfaces.duf" and a file which I don't have, "qvector.h".  The Start_Surfaces file is the least important of all the Legacy UV files, it just makes Genesis grey.  So you could try running the component files individually:

Geograft_Head
    Geograft_Leg_L
    Geograft_Leg_R
    Geograft_Shldr_L
    Geograft_Shldr_R

The above should be fitted to G3M.

Geograft_Gens

The above should be fitted to the Genitalia.

Legacy_Surfaces

Then manually select G3M and all the geografts in the Scene tab before loading your textures.

If all that goes OK, you can amend the code in "!Prepare G3M" by right-clicking on the icon and scrolling down to line 222 and comment out that line so that the Start_Surfaces preset does not run:

//loads start surfaces//oContentMgr.openFile(sPath7, true);

Then save the script with a different name (or the same name, it's up to you) and use the revised script instead.

Post edited by Cayman Studios on
  • I thank you for your help.

To comment the script don't resolve the problem.

I think it's comming from Geograft_Gens script because if I load it, there is a CTD.

I don't have a qvector.h file neither a C:\DAZDevel\DAZStudioDependencies\Qt\.. directory on my drives ... lol

But no matter : may be I will find a way.

• I thank you for your help.

To comment the script don't resolve the problem.

I think it's comming from Geograft_Gens script because if I load it, there is a CTD.

I don't have a qvector.h file neither a C:\DAZDevel\DAZStudioDependencies\Qt\.. directory on my drives ... lol

But no matter : may be I will find a way.

OK.  This is a bit of an unusual one, and I'm sorry I can't provide a solution.  I hope some of your workarounds will be satisfactory for you.

• edited August 2016

To close that case and for those who have the same problem, my way is :

1. load G3M, run !Prepare G3M and apply texture

2. load G3M Genitalia

3. UNFIT Genitalia (fit to none), run GeoGraft_Gens and apply texture

4. fit Genitalia to G3M

5. have fun

Post edited by domsass_4c9a203cf5 on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

What about a legacy uv of star to use her textures on Star 2.0 :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    dkgoose said:

What about a legacy uv of star to use her textures on Star 2.0 :)

I was wondering about Star and the Legacy uv

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I'm new to her though so I don't know if she has enough character textures to make it be useful

dkgoose said:

I'm new to her though so I don't know if she has enough character textures to make it be useful

I think there were more Star characters than were made for some of the shapes that have already receved UVs.  However, a number of them... included a good number that are in the store.. weren't made specifically for DAZ Studio, so it's possible some of them might not ever be able to work properly.  

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,027
    edited September 2016

I would appreciate help with the following regarding "Legacy UVs for M4":

(1) "Prepare G3M" does nothing from what I can tell. I don't see any Legacy surfaces appear in the "Surfaces" tab, nor is the UV changed to M4, etc. I have to apply all functions individually from the "Components" folder for them to appear.

(2) After applying each separate component in order to "prepare" GM3, and when I then try to apply M4 mats, absolutely nothing happens, regardless of which MATs I try to apply.

At this point, this product is basically useless to me. Is there a way to retify this problem?

(3) As has been previously mentioned, the "Toolbar" creation doesn't work either. A simple programming change could presumably take care of this problem. I strongly recommend writing the code more intelligently so that this baby can function better without having to be stroked in exactly (and only) one way. That said, I can live with this inconvenience if (1) and (2) and can be solved for me. 

I also own the V6 for GF3 product Legacy product. It has some of the same ticks described above. "Prepare GF3" does nothing, but thankfully, the MATs can be applied. No idea why it would work for GF3, but not GM3. The Toolbar is, however, also not working.

In any case, I'd much appreciate help solving the above problems. I'd prefer to be able to fix this than having to return these products.

Basically, the idea of this product is excellent (it serves a much needed purpose), but I think (a) there should be some CLEAR disclaimers--on the product page, not buried here in the PA Commercial Products section--regarding the fact that not all textures will work due to UV differences., and (b) obviously these Legacy UV products should be updated so that the above described problems can be avoided. 

Post edited by mcorr on
  • mcorr,

(1) When you double-click on the '!Prepare G3M' icon, does nothing at all happen?  Do you even get any message boxes?  And are the folders in the default locations (People > Genesis 3 Male > Anatomy > Legacy UVs)?

(2) Are your M4 MATs in .duf format?

Also, what version of DAZ Studio are you using?

edited September 2016

mcorr,

(1) When you double-click on the '!Prepare G3M' icon, does nothing at all happen?  Do you even get any message boxes?  And are the folders in the default locations (People > Genesis 3 Male > Anatomy > Legacy UVs)?

(2) Are your M4 MATs in .duf format?

Also, what version of DAZ Studio are you using?

Thanks for the quick reply.

(1) Yes, the folders (for the GF3 and GM3 Legacy products) are in the default location. Neither (G3M nor G3F) of the "Prepare" works.

Nothing happens: no message, no files created, nothing in the "surfaces" tab appears ... nada.

(2) Where in your instructions does it say that the M4 MATs must be in .duf format?? Is this a requirement? Your instructions merely say "apply MATs", not "convert MATs first," or "Only .duf files work." Did I miss anything? What do I need to do to make my M4 MATs apply?

(3) I am using DAZ Studio 4.9.0.63 (64bit)

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by mcorr on
  • Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited September 2016

I'm wondering whether scripts work at all on your set up.  The Legacy_Surfaces component is the only script (apart from the Add and RemoveToolbar) in the Components folder.  If you select nothing at all, or a completely different object in the Scene tab you should at least get an error message come up saying that you must select Genesis 3.  If you don't even get that then it's clear that scripts are not working at all.

Re the .duf format issue: it is specified in the PDF instructions, and also in the second promo image - though admittedly not in the main text on the product page.  This has been a requirement since the Genesis 2 UV conversions for V4 and M4 by MallenLane and Slosh.

Post edited by Cayman Studios on
    edited September 2016

I'm wondering whether scripts work at all on your set up.  The Legacy_Surfaces component is the only script in the Components folder.  If you select nothing at all, or a completely different object in the Scene tab you should at least get an error message come up saying that you must select Genesis 3.  If you don't even get that then it's clear that scripts are not working at all.

Re the .duf format issue: it is specified in the PDF instructions, and also in the second promo image - though admittedly not in the main text on the product page.  This has been a requirement since the Genesis 2 UV conversions for V4 and M4 by MallenLane and Slosh.

Scripts are working in my set up, and the--for example--Legacy_Surfaces script--works when applied .... the "Prepare" one doesn't, as mentioned.

Thanks for the PDF instructions tip ... I'll follow the instructions there to make this work for me.

Post edited by mcorr on
  • Are you saying now that the Legacy surfaces (a group headed "Legacy UVs" under Genesis 3 Male) do appear in the Surfaces tab?  Because that would be the only indication that the Legacy_Surfaces script is working.