Legacy UVs for Genesis 3 [Commercial]

Comments

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    Kharma said:

I think these UV conversions are amazing and so far have worked as expected for transferring mats.  The only problem I had was getting some morphs to work on the new figure...I didn't know if they morph the actual figure or the geoshell but nothing seemed to happen when I dialed up the morph.  I do believe it was an ear morph but can't remember from which generation. So which morphs work say if you transfer a V4 mat to a G3F, would it be the V4 or G3 morphs, or should that matter and do you morph the actual character or the Geoshell?

Any Genesis 3 morph which you apply to the prepared Genesis 3 figure should work perfectly well, and the geografts should take the morphs seamlessly, as though they were part of Genesis 3 itself.  The UV conversion will only allow you to put a V4 texture onto Genesis 3, not any of the V4 morphs.  You can transfer V4 morphs to Genesis 3 with the new GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3, and they should also work perfectly well with the geografts, so you can have the V4 shapes as well as the textures.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Kharma said:

I think these UV conversions are amazing and so far have worked as expected for transferring mats.  The only problem I had was getting some morphs to work on the new figure...I didn't know if they morph the actual figure or the geoshell but nothing seemed to happen when I dialed up the morph.  I do believe it was an ear morph but can't remember from which generation. So which morphs work say if you transfer a V4 mat to a G3F, would it be the V4 or G3 morphs, or should that matter and do you morph the actual character or the Geoshell?

Any Genesis 3 morph which you apply to the prepared Genesis 3 figure should work perfectly well, and the geografts should take the morphs seamlessly, as though they were part of Genesis 3 itself.  The UV conversion will only allow you to put a V4 texture onto Genesis 3, not any of the V4 morphs.  You can transfer V4 morphs to Genesis 3 with the new GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3, and they should also work perfectly well with the geografts, so you can have the V4 shapes as well as the textures.

I understand this is only for the mats which is why I found it strange that some morphs didn't work after applying a different generation mat..I will try again today to reproduce what I did so I can tell you exactly what and which, or if it was just user error ( highly likely..lol) Looking forward to trying this out combined with the new GenX  updates.  I would also like to voice my appreciation for all the sets you've done so far ( I have purchased them all both here and from Rendo), looking forward to the new ones, and hoping if it is at all possible ones for V3, if not possible I totally understand.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

How can I use skinbuilder with the legacy uv V5 for Genesis 3 Female?  Or do I have to use only premade V5 textures?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

How can I use skinbuilder with the legacy uv V5 for Genesis 3 Female?  Or do I have to use only premade V5 textures?

You can use Skin Builder textures, but you'll save yourself a great deal of aggravation if you build your desired texture set on Genesis/G2F, then once you've done all your texture work and have it looking the way you want, save them off as a preset using LIE Builder or the freebie that I can't remember the name of now (because if you don't save them off that way, Skin Builder has to rebuild the entire set from scratch every time you open the character's file/texture presets). Apply that preset to G3F with the V5 Legacy UV geografts. Otherwise, you wind up having to select surfaces on the geografts to do things, and it's very tricky to make sure that you have all the right surfaces selected.

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 904

Haruchai, I'm glad they're proving useful.  It is a shame that some of the other Genesis 2 UVs are so infrequently deployed, because there are some good textures there, but it would be a sort of economic masochism for me to convert them!

For the less used UVs it is still possible to use them with the Legacy UVs for G3 products.  I was able to transfer Gia 6 and Mei Lin 6 which have custom UVs without seams by using the map transfer utility inside DAZ Studio and then applied them with Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: G2F.  I can post a tutorial if you would like.

• TerryDTerryD Posts: 27

RobotHeadArt, you lost me straight away so a tutorial would be brilliant! I use Gianni 6 a lot but the UV set is pretty much a one-off, so I assumed I would never be able to use it on G3M. Cheers.

How does anyone work out this stuff? I admit I find the complexity baffling, not sure I'll ever really get the hang of it.

Haruchai, I'm glad they're proving useful.  It is a shame that some of the other Genesis 2 UVs are so infrequently deployed, because there are some good textures there, but it would be a sort of economic masochism for me to convert them!

For the less used UVs it is still possible to use them with the Legacy UVs for G3 products.  I was able to transfer Gia 6 and Mei Lin 6 which have custom UVs without seams by using the map transfer utility inside DAZ Studio and then applied them with Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: G2F.  I can post a tutorial if you would like.

Some of the UVs are very close to each other, so it is possible to get an acceptable result depending on your requirements even though there is not a proper technical match. Gia's face, for example, works quite well using the Genesis 2 Female Base UV Set, but the right arm is really off-kilter.  A tutorial would be interesting.

• TerryDTerryD Posts: 27

Many thanks, for this, I'm going to give it a try!

This is great, thanks.  I have never actually used the Map Transfer facility before so this was all new to me.  I have added a comment to your tutorial to the effect that it isn't necessary to bake all the textures because the Inner Mouth and Eye surface UVs are identical with the Base Male and Base Female UVs in most cases.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited June 2016

Would the Transfer Utility method work well with Hiro 5 textures as well?

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited June 2016

Would the Transfer Utility method work well with Hiro 5 textures as well?

It looks like you can transfer textures between maps within each generational mesh. So, because there is a Michael 4 UV Set for Genesis you could transfer Hiro 5 to the Michael 4 UV Map, then use the Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Michael 4 to put the skin onto Genesis 3 Male.

Edit: I don't have Hiro 5 so how well it works, I couldn't say.

Post edited by Cayman Studios on
  • Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis Pack will be released shortly.  It comprises the Michael 5, David 5, Stephanie 5 and Aiko 5 UV Sets as well as the geografts for both Genesis 3 Male and Genesis 3 Female.  As usual there is UV support for the Anatomical Elements and also PDF documentation.

I have attached the promos for each of the character UVs.

Legacy_Genesis_popup_3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 145K
    Legacy_Genesis_popup_4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 184K
    Legacy_Genesis_popup_5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 188K
    Legacy_Genesis_popup_6.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 138K
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis Pack will be released shortly.  It comprises the Michael 5, David 5, Stephanie 5 and Aiko 5 UV Sets as well as the geografts for both Genesis 3 Male and Genesis 3 Female.  As usual there is UV support for the Anatomical Elements and also PDF documentation.

HalleluYah!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited August 2016

Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis Pack will be released shortly.  It comprises the Michael 5, David 5, Stephanie 5 and Aiko 5 UV Sets as well as the geografts for both Genesis 3 Male and Genesis 3 Female.  As usual there is UV support for the Anatomical Elements and also PDF documentation.

Dang!  Very nicely done.  I don't think I have enough skins to make buying any of those individually a logical buy, but as a set...yep.  I'm in.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Exciting can't wait 

Hi Cayman Studios, I had a question about a possible product that seems to fall under your area of expertise.  Specifically, there have been a number G3F characters released without any included textures for the "anatomical elements", but if you can map a V4 texture onto the G3F AEs, am I correct in assuming that you could create a geograft to lay the original G3F body textures onto the G3F gens?   There are other workarounds, or course, like using one of the third party created AEs, which pulls the required textures from the figure but requires the purchase of separate UV maps for each new G3F figure as they come out.  I'm not sure if DAZ would even consider taking such a product for this store, but I imagine that a geograft that covered the textures for the major adult G3F figures would sell pretty well at one of those "R" shops.      

• Cybersox, I released a freebie over at Rendo, Torso UVs for G3F Anatomical Elements, which I think is what you're talking about.  It only makes sense to me to do this for Genesis 3 Base Female seeing as most other of the UVs are single releases and usually come with Anatomical Elements textures in any case.

Cybersox, I released a freebie over at Rendo, Torso UVs for G3F Anatomical Elements, which I think is what you're talking about.  It only makes sense to me to do this for Genesis 3 Base Female seeing as most other of the UVs are single releases and usually come with Anatomical Elements textures in any case.

Yep!  That's exactly what I was talking about, I must have missed it somehow.  Thanks!  And one the subject of Renderosity products, will we be seeing a "Headless" for the G3's?          

• Cybersox, I released a freebie over at Rendo, Torso UVs for G3F Anatomical Elements, which I think is what you're talking about.  It only makes sense to me to do this for Genesis 3 Base Female seeing as most other of the UVs are single releases and usually come with Anatomical Elements textures in any case.

Yep!  That's exactly what I was talking about, I must have missed it somehow.  Thanks!  And one the subject of Renderosity products, will we be seeing a "Headless" for the G3's?          

I'm doing a Headless for Genesis 3 Female(s) which should be ready for October.  devil

• Released today: Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis Pack

http://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-genesis-pack

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

WooHoo!  Have been lurking till now blush  Have been a fan since the Legacy sets first came out and have even PM'ed Cayman studioslaugh  No, I'm not a stalker but I just wanted to say I have, and will continue to get, all your Legacy UVs yesheart

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I was looking at Legacy UVs for G3F: Victoria 6. http://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-victoria-6

The promo images show the Lisa Texture for TJ6, and Liu Yan by Raiya on Mei Lin 7; these are different UVs I thought, so why are they shown with the Victoria 6 product?

I've not bought any yet, but am considering due to the number of G2 I have (sadly, far too many G2 are not actually G2, but some other).

• 3dLux, thank you - much appreciated! smiley

nicsst, yes it is confusing, but both those textures do actually use Victoria 6 UV maps.  I think I have said elsewhere that I wish there was a quick and easy way of determining which UV sets a character texture uses, but as it is, to be sure, you just have to load up the original and check in the Surfaces tab.

3dLux, thank you - much appreciated! smiley

nicsst, yes it is confusing, but both those textures do actually use Victoria 6 UV maps.  I think I have said elsewhere that I wish there was a quick and easy way of determining which UV sets a character texture uses, but as it is, to be sure, you just have to load up the original and check in the Surfaces tab.

Didn't you post a chart somewhere of your findings and research of textures and UVs? If so, can you point me to it. BTW, thanks for this essential service you have provided to G3 users. I hope the sale will last until Tuesday when I have some money.

• xyer0 said:

Didn't you post a chart somewhere of your findings and research of textures and UVs? If so, can you point me to it. BTW, thanks for this essential service you have provided to G3 users. I hope the sale will last until Tuesday when I have some money.

Thanks, xyer0.  I think you are referring to this post on the previous page of this thread.  That was done just to give me a broad idea of the spread.

xyer0 said:

Thanks, xyer0.  I think you are referring to this post on the previous page of this thread.  That was done just to give me a broad idea of the spread.

Ah yes! That's it. Would you consider doing one more service to our community (me, that is) and publish the list here? This would be the less tedious alternative to loading them up one-by-one.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Ahh that's ok then. :)

Checking surfaces isn't so bad, other than loading time adding a little, but not really a biggy; thx for reply.

edited July 2017
    xyer0 said:
    xyer0 said:

Ah yes! That's it. Would you consider doing one more service to our community (me, that is) and publish the list here? This would be the less tedious alternative to loading them up one-by-one.

This is a far from definitive list of Genesis 2 Female character textures which use the Victoria 5 and Victoria 6 UV maps.  Bear in mind that Victoria 5 is a Genesis model, and so many Genesis textures are not listed.  Also, towards the beginning of the Genesis 2 Female run the UV Sets were often not specified in the product descriptions.  In fact there are about 70 unspecified textures which will be split between the Base Female, Victoria 5 and Victoria 6 UVs, all of which were available from the start.

Occasionally the UV sets are wrongly allocated in the MATs.  For example, Blake for Victoria 6 sets the UVs to Victoria 6, but the texture actually uses the Genesis 2 Base Female UVs, identified by misalignments in vital areas.

This list only includes textures available in the Daz store.

Victoria 5

Amelie for Keiko 6 HD
    Bambi
    Burnish and Bright Nails
    Calais
    Desdemona SoulKiss - Character and Fight Poses
    EJ Bellaluna And Moonchild Jewels
    EJ Bibi
    EJ Brisa
    EJ Dolores
    EJ Estrella
    EJ Guadalupe
    EJ Leilani
    EJ Minina
    EJ Niebla And Claw Rings
    EJ Nieves
    EJ Olvido
    EJ Perla
    EJ Rafaga
    EJ Xana
    FW Cassie
    FW Courtney HD
    FW Danika
    FW Diana
    FW Faylinn - Seasons
    FW Jennie HD for Belle 6
    FW Joanie HD
    FW Kyra for Lilith 6
    FW Lara HD
    FW Lin
    FW Lucille
    FW Morgan HD
    FW Nikki
    FW Nita for Lilith 6
    FW Phoebe HD
    FW Sian
    FWF Britany HD - Character and Dress
    FWF Janna
    FWF Mayuree HD for Mei Lin 6
    FWF Sumiko for Mei Lin 6
    FWSA Aiyana
    FWSA Gingersnap HD
    FWSA Keshi
    FWSA Pebble HD
    FWSA Serena HD
    FWSA Tansy
    FWSA Wachiwi
    FWSA Xiao Mei
    Geisha Builder
    Genesis 2 Female(s) Wet Body Iray
    Instant Makeup for V5 UV Skin Sets
    Lanying
    LY Brynn
    LY Christina
    LY Daniela
    LY Evie
    LY Lennox
    LY Mikaella
    LY Presley
    LY Sabina
    LY Sloan
    LY Sophie
    Macro Skin for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Maeki for Mei Lin 6
    Mahala for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Nailed It
    Neena
    Pierrette
    Rene for Monique 6
    RW Sirena for Victoria 6
    Sabby-Bunny for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Sabby-Jamie
    Sabby-Tiffany
    Skin Builder Basic for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Skin Builder Pro for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Tatianna
    Taylor for Stephanie 6

Victoria 6

Ava HD for Lilith 6
    Cara HD for Victoria 6
    Dione Unicorn Girl HD for Victoria 6
    Elene HD for Victoria 6
    Estelle HD Character and Hair
    Gothic Doll for Aiko 6
    Hannah HD for Victoria 6
    Imogen V6 and G6 Promo Girl
    Ingenue Bettina
    Laurie HD for Victoria 6
    Lisa Texture for Teen Josie 6
    Liu Yan HD for Victoria 6 and Mei Lin 6
    Maja Character and Hair
    Modern Muses Yzande V6
    Nabila for Victoria 6
    Nilima for Lilith 6
    Pearl - Character and Hair
    Precious for Teen Josie
    Tattoo Parlor Genesis 2 Female and V6 Vol. 1
    Tattoo Parlor Genesis 2 Female and Victoria 6: Volume 2
    The Ultimate Merchant Resource Skin Texture Kit for Teen Josie 6
    Trinelle for Giselle 6
    Valerie
    Vianne for Victoria 6
    Victoria 6 (Belle)
    Victoria 6 HD Add-On (Anna)

New Texture info courtesy of MelanieL

Fully V5 UVs
    FWSA Riva
    Vengeful Spirit

V5 UVs for the skin but with some Base Female UV parts (typically eyes, eyelashes,etc)
    FW Ashley
    FW Caoimhe
    FW Merfolk
    FW Mirella
    FW Naida & Nalin
    FW Neomi
    FW Sassafrat

Fully V6 UVs
    Bellatrix

V6 UVs for the skin with some stray UV parts
    Sisters for Zev0's Growing Up Pack (cornea says V4!)

Post edited by Cayman Studios on

Thank you so much! And thank you for identifying the issue with Blake. This is very helpful. I use Raiya and Daz Originals almost exclusively for CU work, and when I was making my list, I noticed she did not start listing UVs until later in Genesis 2. Now that you've finished up the Legacy UVs, are you going to make some clothes? Or rest?