Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Isn't LIE built-in to DS4Pro?

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

If so I haven't found it yet , not surprising since I just had a use for it come up today

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

If so I haven't found it yet , not surprising since I just had a use for it come up today

I don't recall if I had to input the serial key or not to get it working; but it'll appear on the drop-down choice when browsing for a texture image on the Surface Tab.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

It's in 'the usual place'. In Surfaces tabe, select a MAT zone (or a range that share same maps) and when you click on the drop down (on the left of the 'property' the list of available files to use is headed by 'Browse...', 'None' and 'Layered Image Editor...'

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

I don't recall if I had to input the serial key or not to get it working; but it'll appear on the drop-down choice when browsing for a texture image on the Surface Tab.

No serial required, as long as you've entered your Pro serial.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    It's in 'the usual place'. In Surfaces tabe, select a MAT zone (or a range that share same maps) and when you click on the drop down (on the left of the 'property' the list of available files to use is headed by 'Browse...', 'None' and 'Layered Image Editor...'

Ahh I must be blind as I've had that open thousands of times just recently and didn't see it

How about Send in the Clones know anything about it

Thanks for the help everyone

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Send in the Clones still shows version 1.2 after a reset so I don't think so.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Ok... doesn't Send in the Clones just make instances of figures which is a features included in DS 4.5Pro?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:

Not updated as such - but check here: Send In The Clones; owners of the previous version get another 50% off (purchase price amounted to $8.73).

edited December 1969

What can "Send in the Clones" do for me that DS 4.5 Pro cannot do for me?

I ask from ignorance as I am not familiar enough with it.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited October 2012

I just bought the updated version of Send in the Clones... says on the product page updated for DS 4.5 Pro! Comes with a 50% discount at checkout, which it did apply that to my final total! At least that worked right! :P

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/send-in-the-clones-ds4-pro

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

And what is the background in the promo for Send in the Clones with the Gorillas is it? It looks amazing.

edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    adamr001 said:

Not updated as such - but check here: Send In The Clones; owners of the previous version get another 50% off (purchase price amounted to $8.73).

Cool into the wishlist for when I have some money
    Being 4 years unemployed tends to make one broke

• ytetsuytetsu Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I just bought the updated version of Send in the Clones... says on the product page updated for DS 4.5 Pro! Comes with a 50% discount at checkout, which it did apply that to my final total! At least that worked right! :P

Does the new version support DS's instance or just copy the object(figure or prop)?
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

I'd really like to know how this differs to the inbuilt instancing that DS4.5 has.

Thanks

edited December 1969

Send in the Clones makes copies, not instances or Geometry Shells. It isn't a way of saving resources but of quickly setting up multiple items with the same basic properties.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

I'd really like to know how this differs to the inbuilt instancing that DS4.5 has.

Thanks

Agreed. No one has answered me yet.

I have an SEP field rockin'. *chuckle*

• ytetsuytetsu Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Send in the Clones makes copies, not instances or Geometry Shells. It isn't a way of saving resources but of quickly setting up multiple items with the same basic properties.

Ah, expected but bit disappointment.
    BTW thanks for answer.
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Send In the Clones is supposed to be able to use Studio's instancing.
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Send In the Clones is supposed to be able to use Studio's instancing.

Yes, I was going from (faulty) memory when I wrote that.