Installing Genesis and G2, G3, into Poser

I am interested in this so I can understand better what is going on.

If I install V7, for example, into Poser, will it install into a location which is reserved for DAZ items?

And if so, can I then successfully access it from DS 4.9 to use in DS 4.9?

I have not tried this as I do not want to risk mucking up anything.

Thanks.

Randy

Comments

• In general you need to install the DSON Importer to the Poser application folder, then the PoserCF pack (which supplies files to make Poser load the content through its library) and the DSON core files (the native DS files) go in a content diectory - it is perfectly OK, and probably a good diea, to use the same content dierctory for both Poser and DS. Do note, however, that the Genesis 3 figures and content are not supported in Poser and do not come with PoserCF packages.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367

In general you need to install the DSON Importer to the Poser application folder, then the PoserCF pack (which supplies files to make Poser load the content through its library) and the DSON core files (the native DS files) go in a content diectory - it is perfectly OK, and probably a good diea, to use the same content dierctory for both Poser and DS. Do note, however, that the Genesis 3 figures and content are not supported in Poser and do not come with PoserCF packages.

Thank you, Richard.

• If you want to use a fully featured Genesis 3 in poser you need this free utility https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/genesis-3-poser-updater/76121 .  There are instructions that come with it to tell you how to make your own PoserCF packages.    It should be noted that this utility will only work with Poser 11 and it is important that the Gen 3 is installed in it's default daz studio content folders.  Richard is correct it is a good idea to combine Poser and DS content folders.  If you want more info on the Genesis 3 poser update utility it can be found here    .  I hope this helps.

• Note that this is not quite a fully featured G3F - there are compromises in the conversion, which is why it isn't an official route.

• Will there ever be an "official" route? i know a man who has spent thousands at DAZ and as soon as they made their figures no Poser compatable he doesnt drop a cent.

WHY would DAZ not make an official conversion? I know MY spending would increse quite a bit.  Try as I might I cant get the hang of Daz Studio.

• Poser does not currently support the skin binding method used by the Genesis 3 figures, unless/until it does a full implementation in Poser is not possible.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,420

i have tried DS and have purchased G3 products recently, but without a conversion to Poser that will stop for sure. Also, all the messing around, even Poser now does not install things where it used to. Why make it more complicated? 

Sure, for those that customize their folders it might be good, but I would rather just the products install somewhere the programs can find them and be done with it. All this DSON etc is a pain , in my opinion. So its stay with V4 and M4 for the most part.