People grouse about DAZ but...

Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Amazon went down HARD. They took Reddit, Foursquare, and TMZ with them.

It isn't so easy folks. Amazon's web crew is larger than ALL of DAZ.

Kendall

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I guess not all clouds have a silver lining...

• BiddlesBiddles Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i remember when being under a cloud was a bad thing

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

So what, no website is perfect. Besides wasn't that related to the cloud rather than the actual website? I'm not sure what it's got to do with Daz's problems.Yes it's not easy but Daz's problems rather than being a one time occurrence have been ongoing since May. And after this many months I'm not willing to give them a free pass just because Amazon's website once went down. Sorry. Daz should employ someone who understands Magneto seeing as they obviously don't.

edited December 1969

I think the point is that everyone has problems. And the reality is that much larger companies have web site issues, and yes those issues can be ongoing and not one of. Not just amazon but barns and noble for example. One store threw up an error every time I made a purchase for 6 months and trying to go to the next page now takes me to the last item I looked at. And this is a store that does a much higher volume of business in a far larger more competative market. Compared to several large online retailers I have shopped with the last 7 months at DAZ has been a breeze.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Actually, I think the point is...it's the cloud, not the website itself that is the major problem.

If Amazon, supposedly the best/most reliable cloud service can crumble like a 3 day old piece of bread, then how can we expect lesser ones to be better?

Personally, contract or no, after this long I would have switched providers...

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    I think the point is that everyone has problems. And the reality is that much larger companies have web site issues, and yes those issues can be ongoing and not one of. Not just amazon but barns and noble for example. One store threw up an error every time I made a purchase for 6 months and trying to go to the next page now takes me to the last item I looked at. And this is a store that does a much higher volume of business in a far larger more competative market. Compared to several large online retailers I have shopped with the last 7 months at DAZ has been a breeze.

Of course everyone has problems but there's problems which are isolated and resolved quickly and problems which are ongoing and self-inflicted.

I shop mostly online and this is by far the worst website I can remember using since I started shopping online - 13 years ago. I don't know where you're shopping that you have so many problems but if I were you I'd take my business elsewhere, which is what I'll be doing when my PC subs runs out - if Daz haven't pulled their socks up. Of course one wonders if Daz actually knows when my pc sub is due to run out considering I've got that no subscription error.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I'd guess Amazon's web crew is several times larger than all of DAZ, and every other Poser or Studio site combined!

edited December 1969

I don’t know where you’re shopping that you have so many problems but if I were you I’d take my business elsewhere,

They have what I want at better prices than the competitors and I feel some loyalty to them. I can deal with the errors rather than cut off my nose to spite my face.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DWG said:

I'd guess Amazon's web crew is several times larger than all of DAZ, and every other Poser or Studio site combined!

I'm not sure. Many times the 'big ones' has surprisingly small teams getting overworked.