Cautiously Sticking My Toe In

shorterbusshorterbus Posts: 12
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

A long-time Poser user, currently Pro-2012, and since the advent of Genesis, I have not ventured here to DAZ in maybe a year or more. But this DSON thing (provided it actually works) changes everything, so I have been perusing the market planning purchases and I have a few questions.
(1) What do I have to buy to get to V5 and M5?
(2) Is anything transferable from 4 to 5, such as clothes or textures?
(3) Does M5 have genitalia and if so, what do I have to buy to get there? None of the M5 textures I've shopped even mention M5 genitalia.

Any other tid-bits of advice you could give me would also be appreciated.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

V5 and M5 only get the genitals if you by the pro bundles.

• shorterbusshorterbus Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Ah, my instincts were correct then, there is a catch. And for V5 as well! All those years of shopping here I learned to anticipate DAZ to be quite the slippery little fish. The Goldman Sachs of 3D content.

So, these textures that I am shopping - does that mean they do not have textures for the genitalia - even V5?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It is difficult to say,

I have to admit I don't buy V5 content. I am still using Poser 8, which of will not work with the new DSON thing. :red:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,742
    edited December 1969

The female genitals use the same uvs as the body, so it's simply a question of applying the mats to the genitals. The male genitals, however, do require their own textures - the product page should list them if they are included.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

As for your other questions:
    (1) V5 and M5 can also be purchased separately, but the genitalia are only in the Pro bundles.
    (2) V4, M4, and K4 textures can be used on Genesis. By default Genesis loads with V4 UVs. In Poser, to switch the UVs, load the Genesis Basic Male to switch to M4 UVs, or Basic Child for K4 UVs. V4/M4/K4 clothing will autofit to Genesis in DAZ Studio, but that's not currently possible in Poser.

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Hi ShorterBus

I have the V5 bundle- so far-the female anatomy is only in Daz format-not Poser-unless they silently fixed it in the last few days. It shows as anatomy-but is only DSF

Ah, my instincts were correct then, there is a catch. And for V5 as well! All those years of shopping here I learned to anticipate DAZ to be quite the slippery little fish. The Goldman Sachs of 3D content.

So, these textures that I am shopping - does that mean they do not have textures for the genitalia - even V5?