Welcome back DAZ

2»

Comments

• KevinLQKevinLQ Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are all the old threads gone? Or archived somewhere? There were some useful information in one of the threads I was reading and I hope they're not lost...

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

I came to ask the same question. I come to the forums in search of information. There was years worth of really valuable information here and I pray that it is not all lost. Anyone know the answer?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The old forums are at forumarchive.daz3d.com

edited May 2012

Thank you...but I just tried to go there and nothing comes up. Are they in that archive yet or are they going to be?

Post edited by jaebea on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

jaebea said:
    Thank you...but I just tried to go there and nothing comes up. Are they in that archive yet or are they going to be?

It's working for me...everything except the "Members Only" forum (which, I understand, is not accessible for the time being due to technical reasons). Note that there's no www in the address. If you still can't get it to work, maybe try another browser?

• TJMusicTJMusic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The old forums are at forumarchive.daz3d.com

You might want to put 301 redirect from forum.daz3d.com/.* to forumarchive domain. Will make things easy for people who have bookmarked some information, and also for people searching the forums with Google.

edited December 1969

Tried again and got it this time. Thank you!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

So glad the forum is back up.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,612
    edited May 2012

At least it's up and running getting there. No avatars makes it seem ghostly, hopefully that'll be fixed soon quickly ;)
    I miss the old smileys (especially the emoti-guy special ones).
    On the plus side, I'm nearly in a position to be rendering again so might end my self-imposed exile of laziness :P

edit: Hmmm, html doesn't seem to be working for me - is there a BBCode/whatever for strikethroughs?

edit again: leaving a line-break in the write-post bit doesn't show a linebreak in the post once posted - is that deliberate? It'd be easier to follow longer posts if the formatting could be used like that.

Edit 3: I'm out of date - that'll be 'del' not 'strike' these days

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2012

you mean you want

to have your post

look like this ???

Then you need to hit the button twice.for every one space you want.

OK

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,612
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    you mean you want

to have your post

look like this ???

Then you need to hit the button twice.for every one space you want.

OK

How bizarre :ohh:

that'll take some getting used to and won't be intuitive for new users

is it in the FAQ?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No, we only found out by experimentation. I also found out that each time you hit the "new line" button it counts as a character, so too many line spaces means you run out of characters if you are too long winded when you post. I just posted a contest and it cut out part way through the last parargraph and it now tells me I have -71 characteres left. Hmm

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

OMG you're killing my eyes, Daz..

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

*drive by waves hallo! at Fisty*

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    OMG you're killing my eyes, Daz..

:coolsmirk: may need to wear shades to surf

edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    :coolsmirk: may need to wear shades to surf
    Or go back to my post on page 1 of this thread. ;)
  • NimosNimos Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

The new forum is way too bright and a strain on the eyes.

edited December 1969
  • SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Something else I would like to see changed: The new forum email notifications all arrive with the same subject line. This makes threading in the email messages useless. Saving an email with a link back to a thread I was interested in worked well before. Now it would all be saved as one thread, say in Gmail. That and having links go directly to the post response instead of going to the top of the thread. That's a known issue, I believe.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Something else I would like to see changed: The new forum email notifications all arrive with the same subject line. This makes threading in the email messages useless. Saving an email with a link back to a thread I was interested in worked well before. Now it would all be saved as one thread, say in Gmail. That and having links go directly to the post response instead of going to the top of the thread. That's a known issue, I believe.

Yep, I posted about this today in the thread about forum issues :)

I have used a combination of Color That Site and resizing everything quite a lot to get things easier for me to view. Now, we need avatars so I can recognize everyone! It's funny how you associate people with those avatars!! ;)

• Tako YakidaTako Yakida Posts: 548
    edited May 2012

Hello everybody. Glad to see you all survived the wait. *giggity*

Octopus dumplings, anyone?

Post edited by Tako Yakida on
  • 3DLust3DLust Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Don't forget to get your submissions in soon to be in the next issue of C3DE magazine!!!

If you need more info about submitting your work, please go to Carrara 3D Expo

• Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited May 2012

Well, my monitor is calibrated with a Spyder 3 Pro and it is still too bright,
    What if we wanted to use a computer at work or a smartphone or a friends computer to check the DAZ website, you shouldn't expected us to download a webpage coloring program and change the colors here to something easier on the eyes.
    I don't get it, after all the complaining of this website being too bright, why wont you all change it?

Post edited by Type 0 Negative on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I don't get it, after all the complaining of this website being too bright, why wont you all change it?

Can't say for sure, but if I were to guess, DAZ's web staff have more pressing issues like getting the forum to "work" better before they start working on making it "look" better.

• JazzineJazzine Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Can't say for sure, but if I were to guess, DAZ's web staff have more pressing issues like getting the forum to "work" better before they start working on making it "look" better.

where's the like button?!!
    o, wait......
    :red:

• Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

What if maybe from now on, we all start only writing with white letters, then maybe DAZ would consider changing the website color?

• edited December 1969

What if maybe from now on, we all start only writing with white letters, then maybe DAZ would consider changing the website color?

And today's tea-on-monitor experience... Bah. Has anyone got a squeegee? *squints* Actually, the forum's not half-bad in drippy sepia-tone...

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I suspect DAZ won't be the ones who notice it.