How Can I Make Daz and Poser Play Nice

Dumor3DDumor3D Posts: 1,316

OK, I'm a Daz user first and just now picked up Poser 9. So, during the P9 install, it gave some options for location. My plan is to use DSON with Poser and as I'm somewhat new to Daz, I installed pretty much everything for every package when I bought stuff. So, I have most of the Poser files located in /My Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library/.

So, should I do something to make Poser use this as the default content directory as well?

And, to use DSON, is there anything special I need to do to the Poser install?

I am on Win7 64bit and can easily uninstall and reinstall Poser if I need to. It would be nice to get it right from the start.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

If you click the little folder icon with a + at the top-right corner of the Poser library pane you will be able to add the My Library folder as a Poser library location too - then you can install your content, including Poser companion files, to that location and they will be available to both applications.

• Dumor3DDumor3D Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

If you click the little folder icon with a + at the top-right corner of the Poser library pane you will be able to add the My Library folder as a Poser library location too - then you can install your content, including Poser companion files, to that location and they will be available to both applications.

Thanks Richard. I had found and done that but before I started doing very much, I figured I'd ask before creating a monster. ;) It seems I have an insatiable appetite for new content! :coolcheese:

And then after posting here, I noticed the Poser forum near the bottom. Sorry about being out of order. I never imagined Daz would have a Poser forum. But it does make sense.