anime eyes for AH H4 on genesis....

edited December 1969 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/animeyes-for-a4-h4

ive had these for years now and used them happily with aiko 4 and hiro 4, but now i'm thinking of switching fully over to genesis by buying the morphs for it.. would these eyes work well on with the aiko 4 morphs on genesis?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

They'll work with any Genesis shape.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Just be aware that if those eyes use the eyebrow or eye surface material zones at all, Genesis does not have these.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

Actually the eye textures will work with Genesis if you choose the Aiko 4/Hiro 4 UVs, but some of the other items will not. The eye shadows need an Eyesurface material, which Genesis does not have, and the brows won't work because Genesis does not have transparent brows like the Gen 4 figures do. The eye morphs also will not work unless you use GenX (the morph converter), and as I do not have it, I don't know how well it converts them.

I hope that helps a little! Glad you've gotten a lot of use out of them. :)

SnowS

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited June 2012

I've tried it out on genesis, and they mostly work. As I recall, you can't use the eyebrow options without workarounds. Also you would have to transfer the eye morphs with GenX if you wanted to use those. Textures worked fine though.

There may be something I'm forgetting. I thought they were neat, but I ended up returning them because it was just enough trouble getting them fully working with genesis that I thought it would be unlikely I would use them that often.

Edit: better info from SnowSultan (and others) while I was typing. Yes the eye surface shadow thing was what I was forgetting, I thought there was something else I ran into. Thought they were very cool though.

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • edited December 1969

you can't use the eyebrow options without workarounds

Anyone knows any workarounds for this?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2012

MCMXC said:
    you can't use the eyebrow options without workarounds

Anyone knows any workarounds for this?
    Check my sig. You can take V4's eyebrow mesh and use it as a conforming figure on Genesis with a little help from Blender (or any other 3D modeler that you know how to use). You'll need to use Photoshop, Gimp, or another good image editor though to remove eyebrows that are painted right on to a character's facial texture, though.

Here's a reference to the image of the transfer utility options from that thread:
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_1_3401858.jpg

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

You can always try using Hitomi's brows if you have her. They conform, and aren't just texture maps that can sometimes get distorted.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited June 2012

One more similar possibility, and there may be a reason this wouldn't work, I haven't tried it, but some few characters (like Anwyn: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/anwyn-for-v4-genesis) that have brow props included for genesis that it seems like you'd be able to use to restore V4 transmapped eyebrows.

Someone correct me if this doesn't work the way I think it does, but it should do what Vaskania is saying, except with something pre made (but not free...)

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • edited December 1969

You can always try using Hitomi's brows if you have her. They conform, and aren't just texture maps that can sometimes get distorted.

Are they real "objects"?