Epic Wings aniBlock help

WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Can anyone advise how to use the Epic Wings aniBlocks or point me to a tutorial, I was unable to find one in my google searches.

I am trying to do my first animation with the Epic Wings aniBlocks and cannot figure out how to get them to work. I have parented the wings to the chest as recommended, and I can get the aniBlocks to work on the wings when they are selected in the Scene and I roll over the aniBlock in the Content Library.

My difficulty arises when I try to actually create an animation in Animate2. I cannot get the wings to show up as an item for animation in the list of characters on the left, I only get Genesis. I tried dragging the wings down to no avail. If I unparent the wings then they will not move when Genesis moves. I tried a subtrack with only the Genesis chest clicked but that did not work either.

When you try to use the aniBlock on the Genesis character you get a stiff waddle with no wing movement.

Comments

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Can anyone advise how to use the Epic Wings aniBlocks or point me to a tutorial, I was unable to find one in my google searches.

I am trying to do my first animation with the Epic Wings aniBlocks and cannot figure out how to get them to work. I have parented the wings to the chest as recommended, and I can get the aniBlocks to work on the wings when they are selected in the Scene and I roll over the aniBlock in the Content Library.

My difficulty arises when I try to actually create an animation in Animate2. I cannot get the wings to show up as an item for animation in the list of characters on the left, I only get Genesis. I tried dragging the wings down to no avail. If I unparent the wings then they will not move when Genesis moves. I tried a subtrack with only the Genesis chest clicked but that did not work either.

When you try to use the aniBlock on the Genesis character you get a stiff waddle with no wing movement.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Duplicate threads merged. if you want a thread moved to another forum please use the report button to ask a mod to do so.

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

Ebajoy said:
    I cannot get the wings to show up as an item for animation in the list of characters on the left, I only get Genesis.

I don't have the Epic Wings, but you should be able to get them in the aniMate2 list.

For example, in the attached picture, the StairWall is a prop and did not add to the list. Click on the + icon shown at the top left of the picture, and it will add whatever is selected in the Scene tab.

Screen_Shot_2012-06-04_at_10.02_.43_AM_.png
    170 x 126 - 11K
  • WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

carnite said:
    Ebajoy said:
    I cannot get the wings to show up as an item for animation in the list of characters on the left, I only get Genesis.

I don't have the Epic Wings, but you should be able to get them in the aniMate2 list.

For example, in the attached picture, the StairWall is a prop and did not add to the list. Click on the + icon shown at the top left of the picture, and it will add whatever is selected in the Scene tab.

Thank you very much for the advice carnite, it worked perfectly!

[and sorry for the cross-post Richard, I'll know what to do next time :red: ]