Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited July 2016

Piratess Hair converted and rendered in Iray.  This is only at 19% since I am still at work and don't really have time to let it run longer.  Just loaded on Gia 6, did the autofit, converted it with the Iray Uber thingy added a couple of lights and rendered.  This one looks pretty good to me- I haven't tried the UHT2 on it yet.  Probably won't be able to do that until tomorrow as I am leaving here in 20 minutes and heading out to a meeting.  Maybe I will get lucky and get home before 10 tonight lol.

Granted, I'm male.  But even to me, that bikini top looks distinctly uncomfortable.....

Although, in fairness, one can probably say that about almost all of the skimpwear available both here and other stores.....

Post edited by TabascoJack on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Piratess Hair converted and rendered in Iray.  This is only at 19% since I am still at work and don't really have time to let it run longer.  Just loaded on Gia 6, did the autofit, converted it with the Iray Uber thingy added a couple of lights and rendered.  This one looks pretty good to me- I haven't tried the UHT2 on it yet.  Probably won't be able to do that until tomorrow as I am leaving here in 20 minutes and heading out to a meeting.  Maybe I will get lucky and get home before 10 tonight lol.

Granted, I'm male.  But even to me, that bikini top looks distinctly uncomfortable.....

Although, in fairness, one can probably say that about almost all of the skimpwear available both here and other stores.....

I wouldn't wear it lol.  Unfortunately my work computer has very minimal things loaded in Daz so I didn't have much to choose from on the fly.  Working on loading some basics but its rare that I use it to render anything.  I usually take my laptop to work if I want to render but its in the shop. Usually, the only time I use Studio on my work computer is if we lose internet and can't access the files we need to work.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Aren't they all PC items which are $1.99 standard PC price anyway?

This is my last purchase in the PA Sale last year if that helps any

placed on September 29, 2015 11:35:23 AM MDT

Item Sku Qty Subtotal
    Shieldmaiden for Genesis Female(s) 19546 1 $1.99
    Shieldmaiden for Genesis 2 Female(s) 19450 1 $1.99
    Piratess for Genesis 2 Female(s) 19099 1 $1.99
    Night Guard for Genesis Male 15953 1 $1.99
    Night Guard for Genesis 2 Male(s) 17816 1 $1.99
    Twilight Night Guard 18487 1 $1.99
    Buried Treasure for Piratess 19248 1 $1.99
    Piratess Hair for Genesis 1 and 2 Female(s) 19097 1 $1.99
    Viking for Genesis 2 Male(s) 19192 1 $1.99
    Njord 19282 1 $1.99
    Wolf King for Genesis 2 Male(s) 17828 1 $1.99
    Medieval Fantasy Accessories for Genesis 2 Female(s) 20313 1 $3.99
    Awesome Eyes 18655 1 $1.99
    Lord of the Wolves 15793 1 $1.99
    Wolf King for Genesis Male 15672 1 $1.99
    Elven Hair for Genesis 14532 1 $1.99
    Colors for Elven Hair 13890 1 $1.99
    Royal Elf for Genesis 13697 1 $1.99
    Tyrnea-raheal for Royal Elf 16202 1 $1.99
    Millennium Environment 2080 1 $1.99
    Haunted Depths 3917 1 $1.99
    Woodland Realm Playset One 1602 1 $1.99
    Woodland Realm Playset Two 1601 1 $1.99
    Bechet Braids 12428 1 $1.99
    Subtotal $49.76
    Discount -$317.04

Grand Total

$49.76

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Oops! Barbult just asked the same thing LOL. Sorry!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    barbult said:

I hear ya! Don't waste time researching it for my benefit. It is nearly impossible to figure out what you really paid for any given item with the Daz order/invoice system. I guess you really have to keep screenshots of every order, and I'm not willing to take the time to do that and keep them organized in any way.

I have a file title DazOrders and all I do is put the date. Like July22.2016  So if I want to return something I know what I paid. I believe someone mentioned previously the email will show you (the orders in Orders do NOT show the right price per item.)  But there's no way I'm keeping all those blasted emails. Tucked away in a file is out of my way. Usually I only type a note if there's something that really triggers a confusing discount (like the PA sale LOL!) But I can see why folks wouldn't want to mess with it too. wink

What a night! I drove to the barn around 6:15pm tonight- and there was a rainbow over the bay. Fifteen minutes later, a different rainstorm started coming in at the barn while the sun was setting and a SECOND rainbow appeared. Got photos of both.

Then on the way home (I was in the convertible) three bats were up in the air, about four car lengths ahead of me, darting in the air, catching insects. (Go bats, love them!) So neat to see those without looking through car windows.  So two rainbows and three bats. Love nature!

Gallery Nook:  This one is a cute set- the main promo doesn't show it has a couch, a wall with a window, and take a peek at the thumbnail showing the ceiling light- very modern! It also comes with light presets, and is Iray and 3

For newbies: to replace the images in the frames, (if the frames and the image inside them are one material zone) you simply Create>New Primitive>Plane (and Create is in the upper left corner of your studio.) Be sure to use inches so you can make them a small size. Then using the Surface Tool (looks like three sheets of paper, above your viewport) select your Plane. Go into Surfaces and click on the Diffuse to Browse to your image, and then your image will be on your plane.  Then you just put the plane inside the frame. Be SURE and look at that from all directions, particularly the side, to ensure the images are IN the frame.

Again, first check to see if the inside area is a separate material zone. If it is, just use it's Diffuse in Surfaces for your image.

Does anyone have Gallery Nook to check if the frame and inside area are separate? With this particular set, that would sure be important to feature! (And for future frames/artwork, have TWO MATERIAL ZONES.)

edited July 2016

I bought Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: G2F from Rendo awhile ago, and hadn't tried saving the G2 textures as a material preset for G3 (after loading onto G3.) This product creates a geometry shell and I have tried it with Genesis 3 / hip / the shells selected, just Genesis 3 selected (since everything is parented) and every way I can think of- it just doesn't transfer as a material preset.  Has anyone been able to do that? The areas where the shells are located are distorted, black, etc. I tried Nidale onto G3F. 

I applied the shells, applied Nidale, then did the third step of applying the Gen2f UVs, as the product description said to do. Saved as Material preset. When I loaded a new G3F to apply the preset, yuck. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559

What I do with those is load them on the old figure, whatever their native figure base is. I then convert them to iray, and then apply them to genesis 3 base using the utility. I then save the new character with the texture applied for later use. It just saves me time.

When you say convert them to Iray, are you using the Genesis 2 Iray Optimized Genesis 2 Female Mat? Or one of the other products? (Which we've already reviewed several.)  You lost me on "using the utility?" 

Btw, congrats on 7000 posts! Busy gal!

Well, I have different utilites for different generations and have done it several ways, but maybe this will be clearer: 

For Michael 4

1. Load Michael. Apply generation 4 skin, and textures

2. Use converter on Michael 4 to convert skin to iray base materials. I have V3digitimes Iray for Generation 4. Once done Save as Material preset.

3. Load Michael 7

4. Use legacy Utility on Michael 7

5. Load saved preset.

6. Go back to legacy utility and Click apply M4 UV's.

6. Save Character.

I think I've used the V3Digitimes product without problem. Where it is screwing up with the current product is saving as a Material preset.   Step 4, you used the word Utility again, so I'm still befuddled. It's me, not you wink  I've been fiddling with so many products doing different things I'm just bogged down at the moment. 

The legacy utility is here

http://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-michael-4

It includes two things you need. One that preps Genesis 3 male and then a second one that applies the uv to the figure after the old skin is applied.. If you don't use the second tool after using the first the skin will be misaligned

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008

Bought this from Fast Grab.

http://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-randomizer

So much fun! Better grab it while you can at 70% off. I've been holding out for a sale. smiley

The legacy utility is here

http://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-michael-4

It includes two things you need. One that preps Genesis 3 male and then a second one that applies the uv to the figure after the old skin is applied.. If you don't use the second tool after using the first the skin will be misaligned

I thought you were using Michael 4 as an example, so didn't say anything. I am using Genesis 2 on Genesis 3, not the M4/V4 generation. The product I got was from Renderosity, and is the G2 to G3. It works the same way. I don't have problems loading the skin, it won't transfer as a material preset. I just saved as a scene subset.

Tjohn said:

So much fun! Better grab it while you can at 70% off. I've been holding out for a sale. smiley

Another goody is Vault Rustler. LOVE those pants. Well, love the entire outfit!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Tjohn said:

Make sure you post your new characters over in the Randomizer character thread.  One of my all time favorite buys.

I picked up the vault rustler today, its a great generic adventure outfit and NO heels lol.

This is Free over in the V4 items.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

A bunch of free stuff just showed up for me, unless I just missed it before: Elf Dress for V4, V4 Free Tank top, Jingle Bell Dress for V4, Essentials: Sweater for V4, Pink LUV Summer Loving for V4. I never saw any of these things before.

edited July 2016

A bunch of free stuff just showed up for me, unless I just missed it before: Elf Dress for V4, V4 Free Tank top, Jingle Bell Dress for V4, Essentials: Sweater for V4, Pink LUV Summer Loving for V4. I never saw any of these things before.

I don't think it's just you. I briefly scanned the items a few hours after launch and I didn't see the item I listed as free either. But I could be wrong too lol.

Post edited by Novica on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

V4 Free Tank is new.  The others have been available for at least a couple of weeks now.

edited July 2016
    Novica said:

were using Michael 4 as an example, so didn't say anything. I am using Genesis 2 on Genesis 3, not the M4/V4 generation. The product I got was from Renderosity, and is the G2 to G3. It works the same way. I don't have problems loading the skin, it won't transfer as a material preset. I just saved as a scene subset.

Okay, let me make sure I understand. You put whatever skin you choose to convert onto Genesis 2 female. Presumabaly you make it nice and pretty for Iray. You save as material Preset. You then load genesis 3 female. You apply the converter. They you find your preset in your presets and apply it. After it is applied it looks funky. You then apply the uv from the converter utility folder. 

When ou say it doesn't transfer as material preset, are you selecting it, after you apply the converter utility so the appropriate areas of genesis 3 female remain highlighted? 

Post edited by Serene Night on

I didn't introduce anything extra- did not convert to Iray. Since the product said to load the geometric shell first onto G3, that's all I did. Then it said to load the Gen2 materials. I did. Then it said to click the button and it would apply the UVs of Gen2. I did. At that point, the skin fit fine. No Iray conversion to muddy the process. Did exactly what the product said to do and didn't introduce anything extra. Then tried to save as a material preset and had gaping areas. 

Don't worry about it, I was just curious to see if anyone else had done it without difficulty. Thanks for trying to help heart

edited July 2016

I don't think you can save as material preset after it is applied to the figure because of the way that utility works. You need to save prior to applying or save the entire character with texture applied as a scene.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

They are coming over from RDNA - I had "bought" them there, so they just showed up in my DIM. Nice!

Thanks for pointing out the freebies. Oddly, they don't show up in my freebies tab. I had to search for them. Couldn't find the pink luv summer loving one. Here' sone to add:

http://www.daz3d.com/dark-storm-sword?cjref=1&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008

Sorting choice "Prices low to high" in the store is your friend. smiley

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Thanks for pointing out the freebies. Oddly, they don't show up in my freebies tab. I had to search for them. Couldn't find the pink luv summer loving one. Here' sone to add:

http://www.daz3d.com/dark-storm-sword?cjref=1&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate

The weird thing is, I always sort low-to-high on price in the store, probably once a day at least. I had a ton of freebies listed in the store (27 i think), stuff I never use and textures for products I don't own, so I never bothered purchasing them. They've just sat there for months. It wasn't until after I purchased all that stuff, and then went back to the store, and sorted again by price low to high, that the new RDNA stuff showed up for me. So I think maybe there's a weird glitch that hides stuff from your view if you have too many freebies unpurchased in the store.

Don't forget to use your PC+ codes if you haven't. Last day of the month coming up (and if they take away the codes a day early, they still work. HATE it when they do that.) I got Drako for $2.80 using the DAZ Original one.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Novica said:

Don't forget to use your PC+ codes if you haven't. Last day of the month coming up (and if they take away the codes a day early, they still work. HATE it when they do that.) I got Drako for $2.80 using the DAZ Original one.

I hope you are using Connect - Drako is Encrypted and Daz Connect only ...

This discussion has been closed.