Axel for M5, now avilable {commercial}

ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,425
edited October 2012 in The Commons

Revisiting our first product at DAZ, Axel, our original pretty boy, is re-imagined for M5! Not only looking to bring him to M5, we looked at how to make him even better. His face morph has been resculpted and enhanced to look more natural. He also returns with several of his M4 companions from the orginal and Generations expansion, and includes a lot more new friends as well.

His textures have been totally remastered and includes a new tattoo option as well as the textures for the M5 Gens.

Axel includes 12 head morphs, and 8 body morphs, 3 of which are scaled morphs for when you need a shorter male for your renders. Each morph has been created in Zbrush and optimized for M5. Additional nipple and bulge morphs have been included for even more body customization.

This product comes with DS4.0, 4.5 and DSON support.

Now available to the DAZ3D store!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/axel-for-m5

Anna, Terry & Jonathan

Post edited by ForbiddenWhispers on

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Two additional renders from the set: Kurt (from the original) and the new guy, Brent....

Axel_M5_Brent.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1016K
    Axel_M5_Kurt.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 964K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Nice! I love the morphs and the options, especially the heterochromatic eyes. I have Eri International and I've used her skins in a number of promos. She just renders beautifully right out of the box.

He's looking a little glossy in the star tat pic, like he might be sweating slightly. The others don't really look like that, and I prefer the less shiny look for most renders. Is it a shader option?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

I'm buying this! I love the morphs, and his look. Just say when! =-)

edited December 1969

I'm glad you like him!

Here's two more guys that are back for M5 that were in the expansion: Christopher and Tony

Axel_M5_-_Tony.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Axel_M5_-_Christopher.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Looks awesome. Like the new pics. Christopher looks great.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

I wondered if the guys in the lighting promos were the new Axel. I was pretty sure I hadn't seen most of them before.

I'm glad you like him!

Here's two more guys that are back for M5 that were in the expansion: Christopher and Tony

Oh, good! I was hoping you'd bring them back. When you first started this, you'd mentioned that you might leave Christopher and Tony out of the revision. This Tony appears to be a bit younger than the M4 version. For that matter, so does Axel himself, a bit.

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,425
    edited December 1969

Here's a few more shots of the bodies and head morphs available.

Promos08.jpg
    600 x 850 - 255K
    Promos10.jpg
    600 x 850 - 318K
    Promos04.jpg
    600 x 850 - 327K
    Promos03.jpg
    600 x 850 - 326K
    Promos02.jpg
    600 x 850 - 333K
    edited October 2012

A quick note on the bodies: There are an extra set of shorter bodies for the Poser users to resolve issues with scaling between DS and Poser.... so now you have some shorter guys to play with too! ;) Since those shapes have shorter arms, legs and torso shorter than M5, you may have to adjust some poses to account for it.

Here's the last guy brought back from the expansion, Eric. He's gotten a radical change since his face morph was based on F4... so he looks less big and mean... feel free to mix the Freak 4 shape back in though... I think he looks good with it.

Axel_M5_-_Eric.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 950K
    Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

Yes! Yes! Yes! I wait for him !!! I am looking into the shop every day several times till I saw him in the light-promos!!! Spencer is my favorit!!! *anticipatory pleasure*

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely amazing... your products continue to amaze me!! :)

edited December 1969

GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely amazing... your products continue to amaze me!! :)

Thank you! :)

Here's some more shots.

Promos11.jpg
    600 x 850 - 302K
    Promos09.jpg
    600 x 850 - 313K
    Promos07.jpg
    600 x 850 - 295K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

LOVE the facial hair options. They are a selling point for me!

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Wheeew - they're really looking good ! When will they be ready ?!

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Axel will be mine as soon as he reaches the marketplace :)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

I don't have a lot of male models as I'm pretty picky and most don't appeal to me.... but this one definitely does! Gorgeous work and love all the options!

edited December 1969

If he comes on monday, I could make myself a nice birthday present :)

I like the necklace too. Where is it from?

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited October 2012

Axel for M5 is in the store, but don't buy him yet as it appears the installers haven't been loaded yet. They don't appear on the invoice and they didn't automagically appear by resetting. I guess I should have taken he wasn't ready when the green "add to cart" button was missing from the product page. I used the cart button on the listing page.

edit: I submitted a support ticket to resolve the problem.

Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited December 1969

Juju said:

The necklace is from the M4 Vernaril outfit.

Happy Birthday fellow Librian! (My bday too).

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/axel-for-m5 He's now readyyyyy 20% off!

edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Axel for M5 is in the store, but don't buy him yet as it appears the installers haven't been loaded yet. They don't appear on the invoice and they didn't automagically appear by resetting. I guess I should have taken he wasn't ready when the green "add to cart" button was missing from the product page. I used the cart button on the listing page.

edit: I submitted a support ticket to resolve the problem.

Just contacted the store myself as well. Hopefully this'll be resolved asap.

Sorry for the mess up,

Anna
    xxx

edited December 1969

Ok DAZ have pulled the product until it is fixed. It should be re-released in the morning, DAZ time.

Thanks for your understanding,

Anna
    xxxx

edited December 1969

Juju said:

The necklace is from the M4 Vernaril outfit.

Happy Birthday fellow Librian! (My bday too).

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/axel-for-m5 He's now readyyyyy 20% off!

Thank you very much! Best wishes to you! ;-)

edited December 1969

Ok, and he's live (again) ;)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/axel-for-m5-1

edited December 1969

Yeah, we'll have to wait until gets back to get that updated.

• xjadexxxxjadexxx Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Axel looks like a fine character model. I do have one question...is that a squared ridge or lip that runs along the bottom of his pec? In the images it looks like he has something there, particularly prominent as it passes under his nipple, maybe an inch below. Maybe an artifact of the render? I am eager to buy the product, but want to see about this first.

• xjadexxxxjadexxx Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

In the 5th picture, with the tall and short person, you can see it on their left pec...on the 6th and 7th shirtless renders, on the right pec, particularly on the one with the speedo at the 5 o'clock position from the nipple...on the 8th with the older gentleman from 6 to 7 o'clock...on the 9th picture, on the left pec, and in this the profile of the right pec seems to show a lower "lip" under the nipple as the pec curves back into the torso...a few more down where the slendor torso is shown at partial profile, the left pec profile shows a sharp cut back to the torso...again a bit down, next to the picture with the mustache, the pec seems to have a crispness to the transition from light to shadow near the nipple that indicates a ridge...

Again, I think it is a great model, and I own others from the vendor. I cannot tell if this is an artifact from the texture, perhaps using enforced shadowing to enforce shape, or displacement mapping, or geometry cutting back too hard, or something else.

I would like to purchase the model, but I would like some information on this first.

edited December 1969

yeah! I bought this package! can't wait to load Axel and buddies into my runtime tonight!

edited December 1969

xjadexxx said:
    In the 5th picture, with the tall and short person, you can see it on their left pec...on the 6th and 7th shirtless renders, on the right pec, particularly on the one with the speedo at the 5 o'clock position from the nipple...on the 8th with the older gentleman from 6 to 7 o'clock...on the 9th picture, on the left pec, and in this the profile of the right pec seems to show a lower "lip" under the nipple as the pec curves back into the torso...a few more down where the slendor torso is shown at partial profile, the left pec profile shows a sharp cut back to the torso...again a bit down, next to the picture with the mustache, the pec seems to have a crispness to the transition from light to shadow near the nipple that indicates a ridge...

Again, I think it is a great model, and I own others from the vendor. I cannot tell if this is an artifact from the texture, perhaps using enforced shadowing to enforce shape, or displacement mapping, or geometry cutting back too hard, or something else.

I would like to purchase the model, but I would like some information on this first.

Um, I think you're looking a bit hard. Like the other guys I made, the body shapes are smoothed a bit so they don't have the hard edges as in the default M5, especially around the nipple and lower chest area... since there's not (and can't make) a truly "smooth" M5 shape and you can't make a flat chested M5, they all have to have a little bit of chest.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited October 2012

I purchased and installed Axel today. One of his morphs has a duplicate ID somewhere. I load a scene with a blank Genesis figure to start, and after I installed Axel, Studio started chirping about duplicate IDs at me.I installed the legacy version after that, hoping that it would have a DSF so that I could use Richard Haseltine's script to clean up the duplicates, but no such luck; Axel has no public-facing DSFs. In fact, the legacy version then started chirping about Duplicate Formulas.

I then uninstalled both versions of Axel and the Duplicate ID message didn't appear the next time I started Studio. Reinstalled him, and the message was back. According to the log file, this is what's happening:

Duplicate id "FBMAIAxelBody05SmallScale" found in file "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Male_M3dia/Axel International M5/FBMAIAxelBody05SmallScale.dsf"

No big deal, of course, just moderately annoying.

Duplicate ID issue aside, comparing the carryover morphs is weirdly interesting. Mostly the faces; it's harder to match up or remember the particular bodies. Below, Christopher and Christopher. Telling which is which is easy enough, of course, and would be even if M5 didn't have stars upon h'ars. I mean, his. I didn't realize that I'd used one of M4's brawnier bodies for Christopher until I saw them together.

christopher-christopher-01.png
    1187 x 872 - 896K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:

Duplicate ID issue aside, comparing the carryover morphs is weirdly interesting. Mostly the faces; it's harder to match up or remember the particular bodies. Below, Christopher and Christopher. Telling which is which is easy enough, of course, and would be even if M5 didn't have stars upon h'ars. I mean, his. I didn't realize that I'd used one of M4's brawnier bodies for Christopher until I saw them together.

Bodies didn't get carried over from M4, obviously, as the style between M4 and M5 are different. Bodies aren't set in stone as you can mix and match what you want to make unique bodies for whatever guy you want.

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Just looking at the deliciously homoerotic renders on this thread is already making me drool... %-P