JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

gee that train looks familiar...

• foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Can anyone see over Jack's shoulder? Is he working on a caboose?

edited December 1969

Not telling

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,736
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:

I believe he uses a regular desk.

edited December 1969

foxylady said:

Ha Ha - May all your renders turn black

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited October 2012

Oooh, a prime mover. A big prime mover. Thank you, Jack. This makes life just So Much More Coolerer! And ... more bitzenpieces to customize other things.

Back when AMT used to make 1/25 scale model car kits, there were parts included to customize the various vehicles to some degree. Any extra parts, whether for the stock vehicle or the custom version, got set aside in a separate container for use on still other models. After a while, one had a huge number of parts from which to choose if one were to make a custom version of something.

West Park & Parkside are a lot like those car kits. They can be made as is but there is a tremendous amount of room to mix and match, to be creative with the building blocks you've given us. I don't know if this is intentional like the AMT kits or a happy happenstance but which ever it is, it is one of many reasons I look forward to seeing what else comes along the line.

mahalo nui loa for your continued kindness and generosity.

Post edited by Kludge on
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:

Considering the Curious series, I kinda doubt the "regular" part.
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,120
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, as always, it's appreciated :)

Yea there's more plans to do other trains as well as a few other non-trainy items too ;) They are quite technical though, so I have to intersperse it with less taxing items for the sake of my sanity - but rest assured they will be along soon enough.

Re the mix and match stuff.. yes, I try to make a conscious effort to create products as versatile as possible. I don't always get it right and sometimes I miss the obvious things, but I try to think of all the different scenarios as I go along.

edited December 1969

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, as always, it's appreciated :)
    It's 'cuz we luvz ya, Jack! :-)
    Yea there's more plans to do other trains as well as a few other non-trainy items too ;) They are quite technical though, so I have to intersperse it with less taxing items for the sake of my sanity - but rest assured they will be along soon enough.

Okay, first off, what's this "sanity" thing I've seen it mentioned elsewhere and from the sounds of it, it seems something to be avoided at all possible opportunities.

Oooh, maybe I'll get my box cab after all! ;-) Seriously, every time you come up with something for this, GIS or the Carnival fairway*, it either goes in the wishlist for purchase when I have funds or gets bought outright. The Curious series is on the block once I finish developing a "town" for them.

* No Big Top! No, no, no! When I was a small young person, I was in one that got blown down by what is now called a "wind sheer" or something. Panicking people, panicking animals and absolutely no help from the circus people either in escaping or for the folks who were injured and couldn't get out. Well, except for their own. Fairways I can deal with. The big tents, no.
    Re the mix and match stuff.. yes, I try to make a conscious effort to create products as versatile as possible. I don't always get it right and sometimes I miss the obvious things, but I try to think of all the different scenarios as I go along.
    You do a darned good job of it. You're also giving me an opportunity to learn how to retexture models as well as "remodel" them like making the passenger car into a sleeper, a combine and other variations. I don't think I have any other models that give me such a range of ... hmmm ... educational tools?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited October 2012

Hey Jack, I just finally picked up the Olympus Mons Hanger. I see that it's a Redhouse item, a fairly old one. The description and promos refer to an Olympus Mons set that it is supposed to integrate seamlessly with.

Does that set still exist, or was it something that was withdrawn and forgotten about by just about everyone, apart from the reference in the hangar's promos? The hangar is an attractive set of its type, if there is more of that series I'd be interested in seeing it.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited October 2012

JOdel said:
    Hey Jack, I just finally picked up the Olympus Mons Hanger. I see that it's a Redhouse item, a fairly old one. The description and promos refer to an Olympus Mons set that it is supposed to integrate seamlessly with.

Does that set still exist, or was it something that was withdrawn and forgotten about by just about everyone, apart from the reference in the hangar's promos? The hangar is an attractive set of its type, if there is more of that series I'd be interested in seeing it.

I actually have that set, it is really kool. I do believe it was discontinued... soooo I have it and you can't have it neener neener neener

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
    edited December 1969

actually that would be an awesome set to update, a lot of people ask about it

edited December 1969

Yea sorry, I just saw that thread JOdel.. as I said - and LycanthropeX too, it's about time it got an update :)

edited December 1969

I feel like the kid that has the kool toy all the other kids want......

OM.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 256K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,503
    edited December 1969

Hey Lycan, I got the hangar but that other part looks awesome.

* preparing a bottle of Scotland's finest whiskey labeling it "to Jack" *. Will it return? (And Kludge, Scottish *LOL*)

edited December 1969

lol - the day I start taking bribes (especially alcohol) will be the start of my downfall..

"....Whiskey supplies running low, product not finished.. need reinforcements!....please.... hurry....!.."

edited December 1969

OK, got carried away but it was fun ;-)

last_train_out.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 333K
    edited December 1969

Looks amazing Totte, excellent render there!

edited December 1969

Looks amazing Totte, excellent render there!

The textures on the engine are really good, someone made a great job texturing that monster!
    edited December 1969

Heh, cheers :)

edited December 1969

I really like that render, Totte. I can feel the mood.

Yes, the engine textures are fantastic, Jack.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited October 2012

I feel like the kid that has the kool toy all the other kids want......

Me too ~mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha~

Now I'm in the mood to dig them both off my external and render them. ~hmmmmmmmm~

BTW, nice render sir!

Post edited by Miss B on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited October 2012

foxylady said:

Ditto'ng this! So often you see Jack's models with some other PlatClub-PA's textures on them -- while those are always great, Jack's excellent "default" textures are sometimes given short-shrift.

I was making this to put it on one of the screens in the PCI double hat-trick I'm working on, but it came out so nice I had to submit it on its own. Jack's products used: Parkside Freight and Parkside Passenger Car. DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

A Bull in Autumn

PCI20121016-Train06-test05-g1x1400.jpg
    1400 x 1000 - 945K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:

Thank you!

edited December 1969

Ditto'ng this! So often you see Jack's models with some other PlatClub-PA's textures on them -- while those are always great, Jack's excellent "default" textures are sometimes given short-shrift.

Thanks.. nice to see everyone having fun with the train, too..

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Thanks.. nice to see everyone having fun with the train, too..

You're very welcome, thanks!

My latest PCI submission -- Jack's products used: Moonshines Drive-In Movie Theatre (on the bottom right screen, & Atrophy is still barely visible there too), Parkside Freight (on the upper left screen), and Parkside Head Interior / Parkside Head.

DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Temporal Anomaly - Target Acquired

TemporalAnomaly-TargetAcquired-x2000.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 948K
    edited December 1969

That's cool - took me a while to spot them all too (kinda like a 3D 'Wheres Wally?') :D

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Blast I wish DAZ would get this wish list thing fixed, there's 3 of your items I want to put on it lol

Been wanting a drive in for a while. Tried to make one myself but my standards are higher then my abilities, and I get frustrated easy.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...I now haz trainz.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I now haz trainz.

What do the zombies in my render yell?

Trainz with Brainz ;-)

This discussion has been closed.