Bye Bye Daz3d

1131415161719»

Comments

• DoricDoric Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

15 months after release, the genesis wardrobe is pretty bare as far as clothing you could wear to the office (or to the mall).
    Well V4 has yet to have an outfit that shecould wear in an office without being sent home without pay. How long has she been out? ;)

Why's that? Because people aren't going to buy it; so those types of outfits aren't being made.

Check PoserWorld. Lots of decent stuff for V3-V4, ditto M3-M4.
    D.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited October 2012

The thing is, you really don't NEED a lot of variety for what can be worn at the office for men, anyway. You can stick to the new Morphing Business Suit by Maraieh and Sickleyield, M5 Casual Male, and the Town & Country for Genesis set. The texture packs alone for the Morphing Business suit mean hundreds of variations available and frankly most offices looks like all the men are wearing texture variations on a uniform anyway.

For women, the point you made regarding no "peek-a-boo" clothing is valid, but that still does leave quite a number of variations available especially when including the textures.

Mind you, I think if Marieah and Sickleyield came up with a variation on their Morphing Business suit that added shoulder pads morph and a skirt instead, that would go a long way for the boardroom belles out there.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

Oh, and I would now love to see a good set of winter coats seeing as winter is coming and we wouldn't want Genesis to be cold now, would we?

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

There is a lot of professional clothing for the Gen4 figures

Which is very likely exactly why there is not much of a rush to make it for Genesis. It is a portion of the market that has slower sales and much of the old clothing is usable on Genesis so there isn't even a huge gaping hole in that niche to be filled.

exposed cleavage are sending you back to the house to change

Not sure where your from but here in the bible belt cleavage does not get you sent home..nor does short skirts for that matter.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    ssgbryan said:
    15 months after release, the genesis wardrobe is pretty bare as far as clothing you could wear to the office (or to the mall).

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/clothing-accessories?cat=1111&compat_figures=28

56 out of the 254 Genesis clothing items listed (not counting add-on textures)

I would suggest that you look at that list again. 1/3 of that isn't being worn to work.

In the real world, coming to work with your tummy exposed, your inner thighs exposed or exposed cleavage are sending you back to the house to change, unless you work at a gym or a strip club. These outfits are no-gos:

Sadie & Sam ultra outfit
    3 in 1 Skinny wear
    Serendipity dress
    Wicked Wear Lace
    V5 Summer Set
    Casual Afternoon
    Fight Club clothing
    Sports Time
    On The Farm
    Gym Rat
    Lady Dress
    Urban Survivor
    Summer Wear for Genesis
    Basic Wear for Genesis
    Casual Surf Wear
    Lone Wolf
    Jasmin for Genesis
    Toon Amy for Genesis
    Gossip Outfit
    Beach Pants

And I am not seeing anything that could be worn in the Fall, Winter, or Spring.

There is a lot of professional clothing for the Gen4 figures - they just aren't sold at DAZ.

True, if you're talking just about professional outfits, most of those won't do. However, as the topic was clothing for kids and toons, (or for the mall), most of those are back in play. Also, while the main promo tends to emphasize the more lurid options, that isn't the only option for some of these. Sadie outfit and 3 in 1 skinny outfit, for example, don't have to show bare midriff.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited October 2012

RKane_1 said:
    For women, the point you made regarding no "peek-a-boo" clothing is valid, but that still does leave quite a number of variations available especially when including the textures.

Mind you, I think if Marieah and Sickleyield came up with a variation on their Morphing Business suit that added shoulder pads morph and a skirt instead, that would go a long way for the boardroom belles out there.

...I'd be first in line to buy it.

The only other "reasonable" business/office wear for female characters was the old Dressed for Success for Steph3 Petite.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I disagree.

I think the clothes for Genesis have a few strong contenders like the Y Dress and Jersey Dress.

But I would like to see some more formal business wear and perhaps.... librarian wear?

>:D

edited December 1969

I bet when LAMH comes out, we will have some furry coats.... OH yeah!

edited December 1969

...for me Jersey Dress reminds me of more a 60s mod look. It's nice but has to go on the wishlist for now.. Could actually be a lot of fun with the Fabricator.

YDress is a very nice 20's 30s styled summer dress. This one went in the cart as its a DO and I still have my 4$ coupon.

Also would love to see a "Librarian" outfit. Almost could do it with the Black Alyss Dress and a bit of re-texturing.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

What was this thread originally about ?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Doesn't matter... It's in the past!

This thread is now officially... a thread! :lol:

Made ya look.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Doesn't matter... It's in the past!

This thread is now officially... a thread! :lol:

Made ya look.

Kendall
    I think it's time to change the title to "made you look", it worked big time LOL!

edited December 1969

...yeah yeah yeah, so Daz defused the "big" bomb with the release of DSON

...and yeah, 4.5 works better than I would have expected it to (based on experiences with previous upgrades/updates) even on my ancient system.

...but ..

...ahhh, never mind.

edited December 1969

I'm finding in a lot of cases the poser's rendering better then DS here's the up and coming Genesis Nano suit rendered in poser 2012.
    I think it's because there are so many more lighting packages for poser than DS.

Through_the_wormhole.jpg
    876 x 1200 - 417K
    edited December 1969

Several posts have been removed. Please remember we all belong here and all like what we like. App wars do nothing for this community and also are against the TOS. Please refrain from drawing this discussion back to that kind of debate.

edited December 1969

You're a brutal guy mike! but I like you LOL!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...yeah yeah yeah, so Daz defused the "big" bomb with the release of DSON

They certainly did. But inevitably that won't be enough for everyone.

You can't make everyone happy all the time.

edited December 1969

Please remember that discussion of moderator actions in the forums is not permitted. Some posts were removed because they were responses to posts which were removed. If you wish to discuss your particular post, please contact the moderators using the Report link at the top of this post.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited October 2012

So, how's the weather where you are?

Too warm, and dry, for October, here.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited December 1969

*RKane_1 hides around the corner from Chohole's club.*

edited December 1969

I'm not hiding from anybody, this is absurd.

edited December 1969

And it's not funny either, I won't continue to support a company that behaves this way. No worries, i won't make a bye bye thread I'll just silently leave since you don't want to hear what we have to say anyway.

Nor do you wish to address the issues I've already mentioned. Your determined smooth things over by ignoring people. I'm not going to be beaten into submission, digitally or otherwise.

edited December 1969

Um...okay. I was just joking with Chohole. and I said *I* was the one hiding from Chohole.

Did I offend you, larsmidnatt?

Seriously?

/:\

edited December 1969

P.S. larsmidnatt... nice avatar. What figure is that?

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Um...okay. I was just joking with Chohole. and I said *I* was the one hiding from Chohole.

Did I offend you, larsmidnatt?

Seriously?

/:\

You didn't offend me. no worries

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    P.S. larsmidnatt... nice avatar. What figure is that?

Thanks it's genesis hybrid of hitomi and aiko and catnose

edited December 1969

Cool, cool and where is the catnose from? Is it the one in Creature Creator?

edited October 2012

RKane_1 said:
    Cool, cool and where is the catnose from? Is it the one in Creature Creator?

yes it is. I think i only dialed it in like 40 percent or something like that. Just enough to give the suggestion without over doing it. She's one of my files that don't open properly in DS 4.5 anymore and I have been to busy working on other projects too try and resave her and she if she will load again.

I've got back to back renders going for alike a week now so it's been a busy week.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on