Why Is My Pie Crust Still Frozen Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Complaint: Why does this happen to me? I sit down with a simple idea for a render, I start setting up the set, then a little voice goes add this over there, so I do, then it's add that back here, so I do, before I know it it's three hours later, I've done 10 test renders, Saved the Scene File 4 or more times, and in all that time I've never even loaded a Figure. So much for the SIMPLE idea....

Sounds about right. But IMO you need to do a lot more scene tweaking, saving, and test renders. And be sure to try a few high quality test renders so you can waste even more time, like me. :)
    well worth it when the result is images like your Bride :)
    That brings up a Complaint: I need the FLAG system back. I would do many more of my Bride if I could post to Daz.

The Bride

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1925268&username=tjohn&member;&np;
    *loves*

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited October 2012

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=185&t=477568

The spaghetti model is actually free to download :)

This was I think the winning entry in the lighting challenge:

jeremybirn_159.jpg
    616 x 770 - 216K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    No one can post their version of that Venus painting with V5 or V4 as Venus until those flags are back.

you haz clicks :)

Thanks. I see you clicked most of them. One has not been clicked yet.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Complaint: Why does this happen to me? I sit down with a simple idea for a render, I start setting up the set, then a little voice goes add this over there, so I do, then it's add that back here, so I do, before I know it it's three hours later, I've done 10 test renders, Saved the Scene File 4 or more times, and in all that time I've never even loaded a Figure. So much for the SIMPLE idea....

Sounds about right. But IMO you need to do a lot more scene tweaking, saving, and test renders. And be sure to try a few high quality test renders so you can waste even more time, like me. :)

That brings up a Complaint: I need the FLAG system back. I would do many more of my Bride if I could post to Daz.

The Bride

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1925268&username=tjohn&member;&np;
    *loves*Opps, I need to read better. :red: oh well thanks for the link, Tjohn is so cool.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

*cry*

Complaint: yet another bat**** crazy call with my mom. Pretty much enough to kill any happy I had for today.

edited December 1969

I got a phone call from my mum's phone before six am. I emailed her requesting not to call that early. She replied that she was asleep so she did not call then.

edited December 1969

I hear people complain about their parents a lot lately. Either they're off-the-wall nuts, or cruel and heartless freaks.
    Neither of my parents were like that, and it actually hurts real bad to see or hear about people not having good relations with their parents... Especially since I can't have any sort of contact with mine save for visiting their graves.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I hear people complain about their parents a lot lately. Either they're off-the-wall nuts, or cruel and heartless freaks.
    Neither of my parents were like that, and it actually hurts real bad to see or hear about people not having good relations with their parents... Especially since I can't have any sort of contact with mine save for visiting their graves.
    My parents had problems, which I posted about because I inherited some of those problems. I never said I did not love my folks. Like you my parents are beyond reach now, and I miss them.
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    No one can post their version of that Venus painting with V5 or V4 as Venus until those flags are back.

I clicky the tree and nothing happens at all, it always says 0 clicks. What colour is the one I missed?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

I had decent relations with my grandparents, who practically brought me up; sure, they had couple of blind spots, but overall they did a much better job than my mom would have done on her own.

I do, however, have my reasons why I don't get along with my mom.

Very unpleasant reasons.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

I clicky the tree and nothing happens at all, it always says 0 clicks. What colour is the one I missed?

ignore the tree. It will never collect views or clicks. Never!

I pointed to the egg in the screenshot that does not have any clicks.

eggwithnoclicks.jpg
    689 x 169 - 25K
    edited December 1969

Complaint: Morning Med time. Cold as all get out here this morning. The med's will make it seem worse than it is and my feet are froze right now, even with my heat on. Anybody got a set of those battery powered hunting socks handy? I'll buy them.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

I pointed to the egg in the screenshot that does not have any clicks.Gave them all some love MBW.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

I pointed to the egg in the screenshot that does not have any clicks.

done *hopes*

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Damn it! Who drank the last of my Minute Maid!? >:[

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

made it to the job today.

complaints:
    pains and weakness in my left leg. i think needz to start walking with a cane or something.
    wanted to stay home today and play with poser.
    saw my neighbor this morning, she couldn't give me a ride to the bus stop cuz she was running late to work.
    bought the Tailgunner character for A3, found the diffuse was set to 0 on all the material zones. - maybe not complaint worthy but feeling a bit Walter-ish this morning.

super complaint:
    FF upgraded itself again and installed something called mozilla maintenance service. where does this crap come from? nothing i try stops it from upgrading itself. FF16 opens 2 windows on me instead of 2 tabs. downgraded again to 3.28. {{{raspberries}}} @ FF.

edited December 1969

the butler did it?

edited December 1969

the butler did it?

And if the butler was the one who got robbed/killed/etc? Then you're gonna need a new famous quote to use XD

edited October 2012

chikka chikka whawh whaww. waauuht waauuht

onomatopoeia-s are hard to spell :lol: onomatopoeia is hard to spell , doh hyperbole-s

Post edited by Mistara on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

I wanted MLP:FIM last night then went to read a book I just got at the library. I was keep imagining the characters as ponies so I stopped reading.

I also had difficulty sleeping. Not sure if it is due to me stop taking that sleepy pill or what. I kept waking up and trying to go back to sleep.

That cheered me up, the idea that you were imagining a novel's characters as ponies. I needed cheering up as I visited my Mom at the nursing home today. She has Senile Dementia and a large problem with dysphasia. I kept her at home with me after Dad died (4 years) until she had to have around-the-clock professional care. I visit her as often as I can, but it's hard, I always cry when I leave. Sorry, that was not so much a complaint as an unburdening.
    Has anyone read "Watership Down"? Sort of the opposite effect of Miss Bad Wolf's reading experience. I kept forgetting that the characters were rabbits.
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

The Bride

*loves*
    Heh heh. Not a render, but a photomanip. Glad you liked it. My favorite of those is still "Future/Past"

edited December 1969

the butler did it?
    I read that as "The butter did it" and pictured it happening inside the fridge; then I reread it. :lol:

edited December 1969

Purchase of Lightwave has been postponed until this Friday when I go to work, as I remembered that my bank account does not like transactions more than $240.00 in size. And Lightwave is more than $240 X3

edited October 2012

Morning. A little cool today under a marbled blue white sky in our bit of the Great Southern Land :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

the butler did it?

And if the butler was the one who got robbed/killed/etc? Then you're gonna need a new famous quote to use XD

In that case the butler was perpetrating an insurance fraud, or killed himself to achieve his vengeance against his employer by leading to his execution for murder.

I did read a book a few weeks back in which it really was the butler wot dun it.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Has anyone read "Watership Down"? Sort of the opposite effect of Miss Bad Wolf's reading experience. I kept forgetting that the characters were rabbits.
    Yes and me too. Un-load when you like. I'm sure none will complain. Well maybe none.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    tjohn said:
    Yes and me too. Un-load when you like. I'm sure none will complain. Well maybe none.
    Some could. It is, after all, the Complaint Thread. ;-)
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    I wanted MLP:FIM last night then went to read a book I just got at the library. I was keep imagining the characters as ponies so I stopped reading.

I also had difficulty sleeping. Not sure if it is due to me stop taking that sleepy pill or what. I kept waking up and trying to go back to sleep.

That cheered me up, the idea that you were imagining a novel's characters as ponies. I needed cheering up as I visited my Mom at the nursing home today. She has Senile Dementia and a large problem with dysphasia. I kept her at home with me after Dad died (4 years) until she had to have around-the-clock professional care. I visit her as often as I can, but it's hard, I always cry when I leave. Sorry, that was not so much a complaint as an unburdening.

Glad I helped your day.

I went to work today. My hours have returned. I was supposed to leave at 2:30pm but left at 3pm. I went home and the wireless usb thing came in. I got it for the group home. (well I ordered it and they paid me back) I got it working on that old desktop they have downstairs. It only has a quarter gig of ram. They only want it for internet and email.

After dinner I talked to my father, my mother and brother. Now I have finally got to my computer to do stuff I wanted to do. First time checking my email and the forum since going to work this morning.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

the butler did it?

I read that as "The butter did it" and pictured it happening inside the fridge; then I reread it. :lol:

I read it as butter too, but then I sit too far from my monitor. I could sit in the computer chair but I decide to sit on the bed instead. I see the Bu and the er, but cannot tell what the middle letters are.

edited December 1969

I thought I lost my phone. it is connected to my desktop and right behind my computer chair. It is sitting on the speaker. It is being charged up.

There are unhappy people in this house. Some of the residents want to leave. I could try to leave but where would I go. It is not perfect here, but I doubt anywhere is perfect.

Maybe I have more freedom than the rest of the residents. I have my own car. I have a love hate relationship with it, but I should just be thankful that I have a car. It is beat up some of that is my fault and some of that is how I got it.

I am the only one in the house that has an iPhone. I have the most powerful computer in the house. There is a computer for the residents to use but it is old and slow. It only has a quarter of a gb of ram. I think it was a lower end computer when they got it.

This discussion has been closed.