Why Is My Pie Crust Still Frozen Complaint Thread

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Complaint: Why does this happen to me? I sit down with a simple idea for a render, I start setting up the set, then a little voice goes add this over there, so I do, then it's add that back here, so I do, before I know it it's three hours later, I've done 10 test renders, Saved the Scene File 4 or more times, and in all that time I've never even loaded a Figure. So much for the SIMPLE idea....

Sounds about right. But IMO you need to do a lot more scene tweaking, saving, and test renders. And be sure to try a few high quality test renders so you can waste even more time, like me. :)
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Late for everything today, didn't sleep so well bleh so must have turned into a white rabbit sometime :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Complaint: Why does this happen to me? I sit down with a simple idea for a render, I start setting up the set, then a little voice goes add this over there, so I do, then it's add that back here, so I do, before I know it it's three hours later, I've done 10 test renders, Saved the Scene File 4 or more times, and in all that time I've never even loaded a Figure. So much for the SIMPLE idea....

Sounds about right. But IMO you need to do a lot more scene tweaking, saving, and test renders. And be sure to try a few high quality test renders so you can waste even more time, like me. :)

well worth it when the result is images like your Bride :)

edited October 2012

Rezca said:
    Lightwave's Node-based material system seems interesting. I've only used layered/hierarchical material systems before~
    (Like Carrara and C4D )

Welcome to the Node cult, devotions never end ;)

DSB2.jpg
    800 x 623 - 70K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited October 2012

69 days to christmas.

finally finished a contest render. re-rendering again after using snarly's snowmachine on it. still running.

next haz to do a render for the rrrr thread. and one for the pc anniversary thread. and Faeriewylde.

whas for dinner?

only a couple options here. blueberry waffles and hotchacha cocoa. or oatmeal.

heavy rain and thunders out. hopefully battery back up will handle any surges and power flickers.

brain fart, i can't remember the name of the talking cat in Kiki. Sebastian was the cat on Josie & the Pussycats.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    Lightwave's Node-based material system seems interesting. I've only used layered/hierarchical material systems before~
    (Like Carrara and C4D )

Welcome to the Node cult, devotions never end ;)

nodelly gnarly. :lol:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I forgot what I was going to say. I was in the stupid thread and thought that I was going to post something in the complaint thread. Now I forgot what that was.

Also earlier today I was thinking of looking for an app for my iPhone when I get home, but when I got home I forgot what kind of app.

Well I got more hours this week. I had today off and my next day off will be Sunday.

I got the first DVD of the Dexter six season. Then I decided to get the second bluray disk of the same season. The fourth episode was on the DVD's second disk but on the first disk of the bluray version. So I have to wait until I can get the first bluray of that season in so I can watch that and the second bluray disk.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Complaint. There be no new stuff today. After the week end there usually many new thing. This blew a hole in my day :down: :-/ :shut:

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Complaint. There be no new stuff today. After the week end there usually many new thing. This blew a hole in my day :down: :-/ :shut:

How about a new tutorial (of sorts) on drawing floof?
    raptor_feathers_tutorial_by_clojo_733-d5cpw2a.png
    1500 x 833 - 402K
    edited December 1969

A cheerful floofy :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Spyro said:

How about a new tutorial (of sorts) on drawing floof?

Pretty cool Rezca :)

edited October 2012

=3
    Clojo draws such fluffy creatures~

I don't know how she does it... She can draw big clumpy tufts of floof and make it look great and I can't XD
    Mm,.... Updated FireFox alllll the way up to v16 and the crap that was going on with the stuff on my DA page went away~
    EXCEPT for some of my uploads sometimes refusing to let me see the normal-sized image, but from what I hear that can happen sometimes when you upload it. *shrugs*
    AdBlock and FlashBlock still work, so I don't care what version this is ^_^

asian_lung_by_clojo733-d5aqicx.png
    1280 x 648 - 206K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice you can do it :)

edited December 1969

Did Ps1borg mention 'practice makes perfect'? LOL

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Did Ps1borg mention 'practice makes perfect'? LOL

Or to quote this guy who plays the Touhou series a lot (And is VERY good at it) - "Practice does not make perfect. GOOD practice makes perfect."

^_^

edited December 1969

A ton of people are talking about Modo, I tried it once before and really couldn't see what all the excitement was about. It may very well be much more appealing than Cinema to people who really need the extra tools it offers - modeling or otherwise - but for me personally there isn't anything that I need that Cinema doesn't already offer. <3 <br /> .
    Still... I have heard that Modo's instancing abilities are more efficient than Cinema's are, and while it is a known fact that Cinema's modeling tools are aging (Still better than Carrara's...), they still provide everything I could need~
    HOWEVER it is a crime shame that Bodypaint has literally sunk and is collecting more than just dust. A real pity D=
    It would be better if Scultping was available in more than just Studio, and it's reaallly crummy that Global Illumination isn't in Prime =/

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    A ton of people are talking about Modo, I tried it once before and really couldn't see what all the excitement was about. It may very well be much more appealing than Cinema to people who really need the extra tools it offers - modeling or otherwise - but for me personally there isn't anything that I need that Cinema doesn't already offer. <3 <br /> .
    Still... I have heard that Modo's instancing abilities are more efficient than Cinema's are, and while it is a known fact that Cinema's modeling tools are aging (Still better than Carrara's...), they still provide everything I could need~
    HOWEVER it is a crime shame that Bodypaint has literally sunk and is collecting more than just dust. A real pity D=
    It would be better if Scultping was available in more than just Studio, and it's reaallly crummy that Global Illumination isn't in Prime =/

If you really want up to date modeling software, you'll want 3ds Max or Maya.

3ds Max is free if you are a student btw. And there are limitless tut's to learn it all efficiently.

edited December 1969

The Foundry merged with Luxology, the hype kind of gives Modo a lot of cred atmo.

Digital Entropy, software gets bit rot and dies. Used to use Deep Paint back in the day *sigh* Long for Deluxe Paint sometimes, the best 2D animation software evah.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    The Foundry merged with Luxology, the hype kind of gives Modo a lot of cred atmo.

Digital Entropy, software gets bit rot and dies. Used to use Deep Paint back in the day *sigh* Long for Deluxe Paint sometimes, the best 2D animation software evah.

Had Deluxe Paint for Amiga. Good memories. :)
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:

3ds Max is free if you are a student btw. And there are limitless tut's to learn it all efficiently.

Meh well like I said all the modeling tools I need are right here in Cinema. Only the bevel tool is lacking ^_^
    And I'm not a full-time student so yeah...
    Anyway, I KNOW there are tons of Maya videos. Is one of my biggest complaints about Digital Tutors (Who have nearly 10,000 Maya videos)

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

Had Deluxe Paint for Amiga. Good memories. :)

Worked my way through a degree teaching second year animators how to make a walk cycle in DPaintIV heh mixed memories :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Spyro said:

Meh well like I said all the modeling tools I need are right here in Cinema. Only the bevel tool is lacking ^_^
    Anyway, I KNOW there are tons of Maya videos. Is one of my biggest complaints about Digital Tutors (Who have nearly 10,000 Maya videos)

It is a very very large software suite, imagine having to learn it all :)

edited December 1969

I wanted MLP:FIM last night then went to read a book I just got at the library. I was keep imagining the characters as ponies so I stopped reading.

I also had difficulty sleeping. Not sure if it is due to me stop taking that sleepy pill or what. I kept waking up and trying to go back to sleep.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    Spyro said:

After 4 years learning it and having studied it professionally... Yoda still says "You have much to learn young one"

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

well worth it when the result is images like your Bride :)
    That brings up a Complaint: I need the FLAG system back. I would do many more of my Bride if I could post to Daz.
    edited December 1969

No one can post their version of that Venus painting with V5 or V4 as Venus until those flags are back.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    Spyro said:

After 4 years learning it and having studied it professionally... Yoda still says "You have much to learn young one"

You off to Animal Logic in a couple of years?

edited December 1969

No one can post their version of that Venus painting with V5 or V4 as Venus until those flags are back.

you haz clicks :)

This discussion has been closed.