Why Is My Pie Crust Still Frozen Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I need to be out of the house every weekday from 9 to 3:30. I am hoping to get one of my notebooks running. One of the computers is having power issues.

The other computer is having start up issues. It will get to the boot screen and tells me to press F2 to continue. The only keys that seem to do anything are the Caps lock and num lock. No other key seems to do anything.

edited December 1969

Got some coffee and donuts this morning. The receipt had a thing that if I did a survey, that I get a free doughnut with a purchase of a medium or large drink.

dunkin donuts? :wub:

wishing for vanilla frosted with sprinkles. it's too far to walk there and there is no bus on Sunday. cries

Dunkin donuts is too far for me to walk to also. Fortunately I have a car, but gas is so darn expensive.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited October 2012

I need to be out of the house every weekday from 9 to 3:30. I am hoping to get one of my notebooks running. One of the computers is having power issues.

The other computer is having start up issues. It will get to the boot screen and tells me to press F2 to continue. The only keys that seem to do anything are the Caps lock and num lock. No other key seems to do anything.

...for the second one, it sounds like it could be a hard drive issue. The same happened when my old HD died. Pressing F2 will take you to the system setup screen where you can view the setup specs. Someone else with more IT savvy than I needs to take it from here.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Whoa blustery windy under a pale grey sky today. Why are weekends so short and weekdays seem so long?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Tried every combination and permutation I can think of and FMPCMike looks like a good call, Poserfusion for Lightwave always adds V4 UV's to Genesis, at least as far as I can see because they always load correctly, where M4 UV's don't. Tested on M, Fem and Genesis Poser DSON presets.

Would be comfortable filing one bug report. Two? Mebbe, have to think about it. Three? SM? Daz? Newtek? *out of here* :)

the hand looks soo huge. mantrid drone-ish

artefact of wide lens I think :)

edited December 1969

Haz antique music on the ipod, Cole Porter and Night And Day evokes vague fantasies of ballrooms, sophisticated satin and pinstripe silk, long cigarette holders and pencil moustaches. Wonder if there really was a time like that, or was it all a Hollywood dream?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I need to be out of the house every weekday from 9 to 3:30.
    WHY? Is that a rule you are just learning? You must have a job kind of thing? You have a Job.

I'm very interested in the reason.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I need to be out of the house every weekday from 9 to 3:30.
    WHY? Is that a rule you are just learning? You must have a job kind of thing? You have a Job.

I'm very interested in the reason.

I live in a group home and that is apparently the rule for group homes in NC. Probably because they want the residents to be active in day programs.

edited December 1969

I live in a group home and that is apparently the rule for group homes in NC. Probably because they want the residents to be active in day programs.
    If it is a rule then it is a rule. Do you get to stay out late for your Job? If so they are okay in my book. I'm sure you will manage well.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    If it is a rule then it is a rule. Do you get to stay out late for your Job? If so they are okay in my book. I'm sure you will manage well.

No I can only work days. Actually it is not good for me to do those closings and be finished around three or four in the morning.

edited October 2012

Jaderail said:

No I can only work days. Actually it is not good for me to do those closings and be finished around three or four in the morning.

So much building going on in my street arrgghh noise! I'm happy to get out of there during the day :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:

So much building going on in my street arrgghh noise! I'm happy to get out of there during the day :)

Least you didn't come off night shift and you're trying to sleep. :)

edited December 1969

Well Monday turned out to be pretty boring so far, almost lunchtime and the office is deserted, the pavements outside are empty and even the traffic is thin. Mushy Monday brain craves stimulation maybe. Not going to wish for excitement 'cos sometimes there is too much :)

edited December 1969

I am watching football while the tv is on mute. There is the yellow team and then the blue team.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:

I'm sure the builders would work nights if they were allowed to.

edited December 1969

Called my brother for a bit today. He thought that nine gb of ram is good enough.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:

But then when would the day walkers sleep? There'd be lots of complainers then.

Complaint...
    It's already ridiculous that pubs and nightclubs on a Saturday night are called to the police on noise complaints! Seriously, Saturday night is the party night, always has been. You choose to move houses to one close to a nightclub or pub... Get over it it's Saturday.

Did you know that at the uni I must attend noise complaints. Some people are such bastards, I entered one of the common rooms and ended up in a fight with an idiot that refused to turn down the music who announced that he's a student of law and knows better of the law than a security officer that deals with the law on a nightly basis. Students think they're king sh** sometimes... the next time i saw the idiot away from his friends he totally avoids me like a cat to a dog. Go figure.

edited December 1969

Fried Noodles in a cardboard box don't conveniently rhyme with lots, at least I get fed, 'nuff said.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:

But then when would the day walkers sleep? There'd be lots of complainers then.

Complaint...
    It's already ridiculous that pubs and nightclubs on a Saturday night are called to the police on noise complaints! Seriously, Saturday night is the party night, always has been. You choose to move houses to one close to a nightclub or pub... Get over it it's Saturday.

Did you know that at the uni I must attend noise complaints. Some people are such bastards, I entered one of the common rooms and ended up in a fight with an idiot that refused to turn down the music who announced that he's a student of law and knows better of the law than a security officer that deals with the law on a nightly basis. Students think they're king sh** sometimes... the next time i saw the idiot away from his friends he totally avoids me like a cat to a dog. Go figure.

Tough job, must be hard to keep a sense of humour dealing with adolescents whose brains haven't fully matured

edited December 1969

Complaint (not really but sort of): Due to family matters (other threads) I must cut my night short. I have things that now must be done early in my day tomorrow. I'll peek in for about a hour at tops.

edited October 2012

Tough job, must be hard to keep a sense of humour dealing with adolescents whose brains haven't fully matured

Sad thing is, they are my age! And prob why they think they can get away with things around me. I stood my ground and made an example out of him. I wasn't gonna let the massing crowd gain the opinion that they can walk over me like that. Fortunately, it seems to have worked, I was rather worked up about it all, just the lack of respect that was shown, not only by the individual I was at disagreement with but also the RA that chose a side. Res Admin should know better than to position themselves on one side of conflict. Especially against security whos job it is to ensure the rules of the campus and the law is followed accordingly.

I just work though it, sometimes p**t off inside but smiling on the outside. (Best I can obviously).

If it happened again, I'd be issuing him with a warning, one which would heavily bring into consideration of his likely hood of studying further with the university. Recently about five of them were expelled on reports of drug use in their rooms. Another security officer caught them with a bong ... Funny cos the user thought it wouldn't be noticed if he put it in his pocket with smoke and all lol ... They were expelled in 12hrs, no warnings.

EDIT: so you know, i'm not officially a 'uni guard', I work for a patrol company, we were contracted with the uni with static guard duties cos the uni guards don't work weekends.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

can i have a glass of water?
    my feet are warming under the blankie, don't wanna untuck.
    my peanut doll is too far to reach. stretchhh. nope, can't reach it.

edited December 1969

Here ya go. watta and peanut. Snuggle good, nite.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Hm I forgot the VTC DvD on introducing Maxwell Render on my wishlist. I guess that's gonna have to wait an extra month. Again X3

Hm.... Nope. Digital Tutors doesn't have any videos on Lightwave. I guess I was thinking of XSI ^_^;
    http://www.cmivfx.com/store Isn't much better off. They have one single video. They've got more Cinema4D videos than Max, Maya, and XSI combined o_O (nineteen videos! Maya has like three, Max one, and XSI less than seven)

edited October 2012

Hmm... Just for fun D=

Cinema 4D + Indigo.

A boredom reliever essentially and not a serious scene. My attempts to use deformers to make the ship shatter where the tentacles struck it... Didn't work out. Oh well.

Anyway, will be scrapped later if I get a completed version of it finished :XD:

Oh yeah, and the water is WAY too calm. Unnaturally calm. I uh... Well I never addressed that XD

The sky is an JPG image that I used photoshop to convert to a 32bit EXR image, which I loaded as a material in Indigo and applied to a sphere with 1mi in diameter. Because Indigo materials default to white in the viewport I had a standard C4D material with the same image mapped to it to position the texture. I replaced it with the Indigo material when I was ready. I had to reverse the normals on the sphere for it to emit any light though X3

I rigged the tentacles myself X3

Not very difficult... So nothing to be proud of there =(

tentacle.jpg
    900 x 675 - 336K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Navigating the viewport in Lightwave reminds me of trying to navigate in Blender. A lot different than how Cinema navigates. I like being able to (Rotate?) the camera while viewing through it, but I keep doing so while trying to zoom in and stuff X3

Going to take some getting used to :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Navigating the viewport in Lightwave reminds me of trying to navigate in Blender. A lot different than how Cinema navigates. I like being able to (Rotate?) the camera while viewing through it, but I keep doing so while trying to zoom in and stuff X3

Perspective viewport is what you want, make one using the drop down at the top left of each viewport. Use ShadedWireframe while you get used to it (use top left right most drop down) VPR can be sluggish on older graphic adaptors and pointless until surfaces are happening properly. Use a keyboard num pad to switch between views.

Camera view actually moves the camera around, is best to add a null (items -> add -> null) and move it to where you want and hit the little crossbar icon to the top right of a viewport to centre a view on it.

No real need to buy LW training videos to begin with, Newtek have hundreds on their YouTube channel. Rebel Hill makes the best LW vids I reckon, but if you google Lightwave video tutes you will see thousands, mostly free.

Fire up Layout and load some particle emitters and Import an object and make a flock of them fly through the particles, you won't regret it :)
    Luck hey :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Perspective viewport is what you want, make one using the drop down at the top left of each viewport. Use ShadedWireframe while you get used to it (use top left right most drop down) VPR can be sluggish on older graphic adaptors and pointless until surfaces are happening properly. Use a keyboard num pad to switch between views.

Camera view actually moves the camera around, is best to add a null (items -> add -> null) and move it to where you want and hit the little crossbar icon to the top right of a viewport to centre a view on it.

No real need to buy LW training videos to begin with, Newtek have hundreds on their YouTube channel. Rebel Hill makes the best LW vids I reckon, but if you google Lightwave video tutes you will see thousands, mostly free.

Fire up Layout and load some particle emitters and Import an object and make a flock of them fly through the particles, you won't regret it :)

Yeah I figured that out ^_^
    It's the having to hold multiple keys down to move the camera about that's throwing me off =P

I was using a null object to help move around the scene =3

Wonders what the difference between Layout and Modeler is...

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Yeah I figured that out ^_^
    It's the having to hold multiple keys down to move the camera about that's throwing me off =P

I was using a null object to help move around the scene =3

Wonders what the difference between Layout and Modeler is...

You use the two interfaces together, in the top right hand corner of each UI you will see a button to send a selection to one or the other. Modeller is where you manipulate polys, Layout is where you manipulate objects, broadly speaking. But each is much more than that, cameras are only accessible in Layout, for example, and points only accessible in modeller :)

Reminds myself to post a link to a video about render settings when I get home, should be soon, a couple of hours or so :)

edited December 1969

Complaint: I'm hungry, but I don't know what I feel like eating.

This discussion has been closed.