Looking for free web hosting

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am looking for a free web hosting site. What are the recommended sites for that? I know that godaddy used to have free web hosting but that is no more.

What free web hosting sites do you use and recommend?

Comments

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

What is your website for? You could use a free wordpress blog and make it look less like a blog http://wordpress.com/

• Lost_UtopianLost_Utopian Posts: 104
    edited December 1969

This is the one the my web host links to. I have no idea how good it is as I pay for my space and have for better then a decade.

The offerings look nice though.

http://www.cwahi.net/

Laters
    Jim

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • CNSamsonCNSamson Posts: 0
    edited December 1969
  • GralienGralien Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am looking for a free web hosting site. What are the recommended sites for that? I know that godaddy used to have free web hosting but that is no more.

What free web hosting sites do you use and recommend?

I use http://www.freevirtualservers.com/ for 3 (non comercial) websites and I've never had any problems. The webhosting is Free but you have to pay a one off admin fee and register the domain name.

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited December 1969

I'm using this
    http://capnix.com/

Initial setup is quick and they do have lots of module in there. No setup fees and you can even have ads. SInce it's free, you can always try it out for yourself. It does have a must-have traffic policy. If your website doesn't have a visitor in 30 days, they will send you a notice that your account is considered inactive and scheduled for cancellation. So, as long as you keep visitors coming (or just visit the website once or twice a week), you're pretty much set.

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

If you want your site on it's own domain, you need to register it , mostly you need to pay for that.

In case you are looking for a website you want to show off, maybe I can help.

I could arrange a sub-domain (yoursite.safeunderdark.com ) if you like, just let me know what it is you want/need , what you like to host, and space you need.
    Maybe I can arrange something if you want that.

Just let me know

Amy

Post edited by Safeunderdark on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I am thinking of doing a website. I might have some time to start making it, but I do not want to pay for hosting until I know I can make it. I want something free until I can finish the website and then transfer it to maybe godaddy webhosting.

edited October 2012

I am thinking of doing a website. I might have some time to start making it, but I do not want to pay for hosting until I know I can make it. I want something free until I can finish the website and then transfer it to maybe godaddy webhosting.

Sorry for the belated reaction, having some technical problems with Studio at the moment..
    So what do you need?

I got some room where you can put things.

Need a CMS too?

Just let me know and I think I can get you something, if you like.

edited December 1969

Sorry for the belated reaction, having some technical problems with Studio at the moment..
    So what do you need?

I got some room where you can put things.

Need a CMS too?

Just let me know and I think I can get you something, if you like.

I am thinking of having a place that I can put some of the packs of seamless texture packs for sale to see if they will actually sell or not. And maybe some textures for hair or clothing too. I want to see if I can sell enough each month before buying my own web hosting.

Also a site to help advertise my Kindle books once I finish writing them and publish them. Also want to advertise my DA account too.

I have a domain name already at GoDaddy and it does not renew until January. I just need some kind of free hosting until I get back on my feet.

edited October 2012

I am thinking of having a place that I can put some of the packs of seamless texture packs for sale to see if they will actually sell or not. And maybe some textures for hair or clothing too. I want to see if I can sell enough each month before buying my own web hosting.

Also a site to help advertise my Kindle books once I finish writing them and publish them. Also want to advertise my DA account too.

I have a domain name already at GoDaddy and it does not renew until January. I just need some kind of free hosting until I get back on my feet.

Well that should not be a to big problem.

Just tell me what you need, I thumble some up, and you should be good to go.

PHP,MySQL got it up and running in no time for you.

Just say the magic words, and you got it. ^_^

Love, Amy

edited December 1969

Well that should not be a to big problem.

Just tell me what you need, I thumble some up, and you should be good to go.

PHP,MySQL got it up and running in no time for you.

Just say the magic words, and you got it. ^_^

Love, Amy

Reminds me of a scene in Chambers of Secrets. Harry asked his cousin to say the magic words, but his family did not realize he was just trying to get his cousin to say please.

I would love it Please and Thank you. Do you want me to pm you my email address so we can talk about this there?

edited December 1969

PM send :)

edited December 1969

PM replied. :)

edited December 1969

PM replied. :)

Contact! :lol: