Why Is My Pie Crust Still Frozen Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited October 2012

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    LW is end-to-end modelling, effects and animation for film and television, no extras or addons required, strictly speaking, but of course there are thousands of plugins in various states of repair for different versions, most of which are free. Easy Split, Sasquatch and PoserFusion are essential addons for me, I use a few free utility scripts but otherwise for 99% of what you want to do in that limited domain out of the box versions is all you really need. Version 11 especially is rock solid on Mac OS, been like that for Windows since version 7 :)

Sasquatch? Oh hell yes XD
    I found this article on how this guy made his fluffy velociraptors in that:
    http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=39&p2_articleid=67

Step by step showing how he did it :)
    I did some talking around, and will have the money transferred into my bank so I can make the purchase by Tuesday ^_^

Yes look I'm using Sasquatch with LW 9.6. Sas is replaced in LW11 with FiberFX, a Sasquatch clone by Newtek. Worley Labs are at:

http://www.worley.com/E/support.html

but I know they are not active right now, and their support page isn't working :cry: I used to use FP, redundant now since version 11.

See

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?124756-Sasquatch-vs-FiberFX

for a discussion of any difference between Sas and FiberFX (seems to work the same but new version better for me on Mac, havent tried the Windows one but plenty of others do OK with it )

:)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    As well as the image itself which is cool. He used one of the backgrounds from Renderosity's Prehistoric Pack :D

For this image I use my own velociraptor model because commercial velos don't like me. Model, render and feathers with Lightwave and Sasquatch. Postrender work in photoshop. For scene I use a MNAsrtist background ( http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=73285 )

The motion blur is unmistakable :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

I wonder if the poser-import pluggys for LW are as good as InterPoser Pro for Cinema 4D? D:

Ooh, can LW do cloth sims and stuff? D:

edited October 2012

Mmm think anyone can try loading this into D|S and see how it loads? No materials yet, but I want to see if it opens V_V
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ylncqco3dnz32sy (7.7MB file)
    I exported it as-was (Without converting anything) and opened the resulting DAE file and get this, but that's Cinema D=
    See, even though I haven't finished it yet, I wanted to let a friend who is just starting using D|S and stuff to be able and use it in his renderings (Been trying to get him to make an account here and join in on this thread, but he seems to be a bit worried about it since he's mostly doing vore stuff. I told him everyone here already knows I'm into that and there's been no problem XD )
    *EDIT* I don't have Poser myself (I might be able to get it with the Lightwave deal, if I make it in time :) ), so I can't really do much other than model stuff... But I really want to make props and stuff for people as freebies. =D
    I've wanted to make armor for the wyvern and other critters, but I cannot even begin to imagine how such things are rigged DX

scifi-hall-screen.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 199K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I wonder if the poser-import pluggys for LW are as good as InterPoser Pro for Cinema 4D? D:

Ooh, can LW do cloth sims and stuff? D:

Yes, but not as you expect. And Poser files are hosted rather than plugged in. What that means is you change the Poser file, and changes appear in Lightwave. There are ifs and buts but not gotchas. Rigs export from Studio quite nicely if a little untidily, I had Genesis going in LW as soon as it was released but obviously the lower poly items to much better with native LW's subD's.

DL a 30 day trial, is easy and haz nothing to lose except mailbox and drive space. Takes a week or so for newies to get used to the interface, my experience is ppl always spend time looking for the complicated stuff but there isn't any really, once they get over that is too easy to make thing happen You will be amazed how fast the renderer is. You will need the demo content, will explain stuff faster than any video. *looks in crystal ball* I see many youtube videos in your future :)

https://www.lightwave3d.com/try/

edited December 1969

Yes here is. Oh and on your web page:

daexx3.png
    822 x 408 - 84K
    FB.png
    422 x 52 - 14K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    oser files are hosted rather than plugged in. What that means is you change the Poser file, and changes appear in Lightwave. There are ifs and buts but not gotchas. Rigs export from Studio quite nicely if a little untidily, I had Genesis going in LW as soon as it was released but obviously the lower poly items to much better with native LW's subD's.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/try/

Not entirely sure I know what you mean by that but okay. XD
    Mmm export from D|S? D:
    Huh... I guess I'll be doing most of my poser stuff in Cinema for now ^_^

Mm... There was something LW had I was looking forward to for a long time but I can't remember what it was now D=

Can it read Collada files? I could do rendering and some particle stuffs in Lightwave and scene setup in Cinema XD
    Ohmai I just thought of something... How many apps can load Lightwave scenes? Cinema can :P

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/interposer-pro/interposer-pro-features/
    (I love the crouching MilDragon in the banner. He's so dang cute~)
    Also tons of Lightwave freebies here: http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=91
    Mostly scifi stuff. A lot of Startrek, Babylon, Mass Effect, original work, but also some animals. A rigged King Ghidora. <3<br /> The rig comes in very sloppy in Cinema, but the rig works just fine in LW I think...
    One of them demon-wyverns from LotR... A dinosaur that is cute... Um... And there was somethng else too but those were the highlights XD

MilDragon_KDZ.jpg
    940 x 198 - 90K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Awesome it looks like it loads just fine? :D

And naw, that's how many people like Mediafire not my page XD

edited October 2012

Uhh... Download seems smaller than I imagined :)
    Not even 1GB D:

*edit* Download finished :P

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited October 2012

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

Aw no fair! and yep loads in an instant.

Do LW give you any demo content?

edited October 2012

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

]

Do they give you any demo content?
    Not sure yet, it's installing right now...
    I just got one ZIP file that had the installer in it. Was a little under 300MB

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Exciting :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

It is... Though I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it. (Is thinking about how much dust most of the stuff in C4D and Vue have been gathering)
    *sigh* I'm really letting their potential just... Flop D=

Ah well ^_^
    Regardless, I have been making some progress. That hallway you downloaded was my first real achievement in modeling XD
    Would be neat to see someone use it in a render someday <3</p>

edited December 1969

Ahh yep, there we go. Registered the Trial and the Demo Content download link showed up in my account :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

It is... Though I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it. (Is thinking about how much dust most of the stuff in C4D and Vue have been gathering)

Ah well ^_^
    Regardless, I have been making some progress. That hallway you downloaded was my first real achievement in modeling XD
    Would be neat to see someone use it in a render someday <3</div>

Did you make that hall model Rezca?

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

Ah well ^_^

From scratch, yes.

The bubbles in the "Test tubes" were simple particle emitters XD
    The door 100% with splines =3

edited December 1969

Well Done! Thumbs up dude!! Looks really cool... Be careful Lucas Arts might just steal you away from us to make locations/environments for games. :-P

Very cool, you must be pretty proud! :cheese:

edited October 2012

"The coupon is valid until March 31, 2013."
    Okaies I should be able to get LW before then :)
    Finally, Dregon shall be mine! XD

And maybe I can finally make use of Swidhelm's dragons since he seems so keen on locking out anyone who doesn't use Poser! DX
    (Next on the list is getting those subdragon poses converted from a D|S-only format to something IPP can read.)

Spyro said:
    Well Done! Thumbs up dude!! Looks really cool... Be careful Lucas Arts might just steal you away from us to make locations/environments for games. :-P

Very cool, you must be pretty proud! :cheese:

Yeah right :)

But yesh I was very proud what I did get done :)
    (If you wanna use it in a render go ahead XD I'd really love to see that :P )
    But yeah... I need to get textures onto it before it can be of much use D=
    Cat Hair all over my laptop >_>
    Hmm....
    Rezca - Cinema 4D
    ps1borg - Lightwave + D|S
    Spyro - 3DSMax + D|S
    Prop and morph making team? :)
    I can make morphs with IPP in CInema4D that I've gotten to work in D|S before. But I'm having trouble figuring out how to get it right... It asks if I want to make an INJ/REM at times, or if I want to save it to a new CR2... How do people go about making and destributing freebie morphs and stuff? D=

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

LOL well between the 3 of us, 4 including Jaderail (DS + Poser? and Smart propping and exporting.) We'd make one hell of a multi compatible props lol!

Morphs I make only in hexagon then send back to daz. Daz refuses to recognize morphs from 3ds Max, cos it always assumes it's another OBJ.

SHARECG! You need to make props PP2 files, which creates all files required for it to work on another PC. I can find the link to the PP2 exporter file for daz if you want it. Texture and surfacing must be complete before export to PP2 and all files must be set up in an open runtime for people... Not a runtime set up on say for example "My desktop>Daz>DazRuntime. Needs to be the correct folder structure.

ShareCG is very user friendly with uploading... As long as IO errors don't persist as you're uploading.

I only know bout Daz to PP2. Not Cinema 4d..

edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    LOL well between the 3 of us, 4 including Jaderail (DS + Poser? and Smart propping and exporting.) We'd make one hell of a multi compatible props lol!

Morphs I make only in hexagon then send back to daz. Daz refuses to recognize morphs from 3ds Max, cos it always assumes it's another OBJ.

SHARECG! You need to make props PP2 files, which creates all files required for it to work on another PC. I can find the link to the PP2 exporter file for daz if you want it. Texture and surfacing must be complete before export to PP2 and all files must be set up in an open runtime for people... Not a runtime set up on say for example "My desktop>Daz>DazRuntime. Needs to be the correct folder structure.

ShareCG is very user friendly with uploading... As long as IO errors don't persist as you're uploading.

I only know bout Daz to PP2. Not Cinema 4d..

I'm somewhat familiar with how the runtimes should be set up.
    Though what I meant about making morphs in Cinema4D goes something like this (And pardon the example)
    -Take the poser figure, and remove the IPP tag from it (Keeping it on while modifying the mesh sometimes crashes IPP).
    -Modify at will
    -Put the tag back on and go into the Actions tab and make a new morph
    -(In this case I already had a morph saved as an OBJ and just loaded that in, because I don't know how to KEEP the morphs I make)
    -Follow the rest of the stuff, define its name, if its a master thingie or not, etc
    And so on...

I did make one morph for a freebie model someone made (The Tetradactylus over at DA and ShareCG) and he was able to load and use it in D|S so the morphs IPP makes do work =3
    *edit to add* That IPP can save partial and full poses I make with figures as well. Unfortunately sometimes I screw up when saving them and they don't work XD
    I had to make this pose from scratch a second time because the one I saved only moved his jaw ^_^;

5.jpg
    1360 x 728 - 149K
    4.jpg
    403 x 669 - 44K
    3.jpg
    324 x 360 - 11K
    2.jpg
    328 x 360 - 18K
    1.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 174K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

As I said, I'm not familiar with with Cinema 4d however, custom made morphs in daz require you to save it as a morph preset, otherwise even the saved scene wont save the new morph information. With morphs for the bows I've made, I created the morph in hex then sent it back to daz and saved a morph preset, then directly exported the bow with textures and the morph as a PP2 file which stored all the information in a new prop ready to be installed on other computers.

The only adjustment to the PP2 I needed to do was to change the unlimited limitations of the morph to Max 1 (Maximum value of 100%)

edited December 1969

I don't know what the "New Cr2" option is, but it seems to make an entirely new figure D=
    I don't know what the INJ/REM are either *shrugs*

edited December 1969

Just play around with it :) The new Cr2 may include it with the new morph slider.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Just play around with it :) The new Cr2 may include it with the new morph slider.

But if I wanted to distribute a morph for the Digi-I Trex or the Morphing Python....?
    edited October 2012

Rezca said:
    Spyro said:
    Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

Ah well ^_^

From scratch, yes.

The bubbles in the "Test tubes" were simple particle emitters XD
    The door 100% with splines =3

Uhuh

SFH10302.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 155K
    edited October 2012

ps1borg said:

Uhuh

Haha woops I forgot to take that sphere out from the tubes XD
    I had that in there to test the SSS on the glass because the bubbles in it weren't helping =3

It seems so much bigger with a human in it XD
    And woops! Looking at your render I notice one of the pipes isn't connected to anything D:
    Yup. One of the splines I was using ends before it goes into the floor :P
    I'll have to fix that...

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited October 2012

Rezca said:
    I don't know what the "New Cr2" option is, but it seems to make an entirely new figure D=
    I don't know what the INJ/REM are either *shrugs*

New Figure that's right, the root is by convention labelled "Body". Inj/Rem refers to applying and resetting poses propagated through the hierarchy.

See this video if you want to trade morphs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yw_dNk1-IQ

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

Uhuh

Haha woops I forgot to take that sphere out from the tubes XD
    I had that in there to test the SSS on the glass because the bubbles in it weren't helping =3

It seems so much bigger with a human in it XD
    And woops! Looking at your render I notice one of the pipes isn't connected to anything D:
    Yup. One of the splines I was using ends before it goes into the floor :P
    I'll have to fix that...

exported as an .obj file from Studio and scaled 50%.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Complaint: This thread has been conspicuously lacking in complaints.
    There, that's better.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Complaint: This thread has been conspicuously lacking in complaints.
    There, that's better.

It has been rather lacking complaints. Lol my last complaint was mistakenly posted in the stupid forum oops. Guess it was stupid anyway.

This discussion has been closed.