Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

watching Mummy3.

Jet Li is playing a bad guy again.

it's a different Evey actress.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited October 2012

uh oh, genesis won't render with the Poser Queue Manager, at least on my Mac. ETA not at all, confirmed bottom of page 39 of the Genesis meets Poser thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9405/P570 , assume that thread is authoritative. Good news is don't need to spend all day on more updating yay! *hates updating*

Loads into Poser Fusion but UVs are screwed up

LWG2.png
    886 x 619 - 165K
    LWG.png
    1015 x 661 - 291K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

watching Mummy3.

Jet Li is playing a bad guy again.

it's a different Evey actress.

Scorpion King 3 was on TV the other day, OMG cheesy :)

edited December 1969

they made a 3? and a 2?

was The Rock still playing Scorpion King?

i liked the sorceress fantasy outfits in the 1st movie.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    uh oh, genesis won't render with the Poser Queue Manager, at least on my Mac. ETA not at all, confirmed bottom of page 39 of the Genesis meets Poser thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9405/P570 , assume that thread is authoritative. Good news is don't need to spend all day on more updating yay! *hates updating*

Looks like it reverted to V4 UVs?

edited October 2012

they made a 3? and a 2?

was The Rock still playing Scorpion King?

i liked the sorceress fantasy outfits in the 1st movie.

Victor Webster (who?)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scorpion_King_3:_Battle_for_Redemption

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Looks like it reverted to V4 UVs?

Dont know, I tried all the presets that were included, is all too new - I guess stuff will unfold over the next few months :)

edited October 2012

wuh oh, theyiz about to wake up Jet Li mummy.

it's not scary like the 1st Mummy movie.

does this count as talking during the movie?

the new Hobbit movie should be out soon.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

wuh oh, theyiz about to wake up Jet Li mummy.

it's not scary like the 1st Mummy movie.

does this count as talking during the movie?

the new Hobbit movie should be out soon.

only counts if someone goes shhhhh :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    Shaping up to be a real nice Spring day here KK, haz sorry we stole your warm but I guess another way to look at it is Persephone gets out of Hades and goes South, she's not doing time as hard as previously thought :)

This made me laugh because I once had a teacher who pronounced it as three syllables "Purse-uh-phone". :lol:

lol

her-me-own, didn't read it correctly til 'goblet of fire'

hehe tomatOMG :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I think I am like I am like Flutter Shy but not that extreme. I am not scared of my own shadow, I think.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Soaking my finger in hot water D:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

I think I am like I am like Flutter Shy but not that extreme. I am not scared of my own shadow, I think.

I am. That thing follows me wherever I go. It's downright creepy.
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

You're gonna get raisin finger. :)
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Aw. You going to get the splinter out? *sympathises*

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Fluttershy loves Draggy's :)

edited December 1969

Finally pulled it out. Yeesh, the part that was under the skin is all red D:

edited December 1969

Buy Lightwave, get PoserPro2012 for free https://www.lightwave3d.com/lightwave_poser_promo/

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Finally pulled it out. Yeesh, the part that was under the skin is all red D:

Oh yahoo it is gone but ouch, feel for you, hates that finger throb feeling

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Maybe that is a reason why I do not like being out in the sun, because I am scared of my own shadow. >:(
    edited October 2012

Tried every combination and permutation I can think of and FMPCMike looks like a good call, Poserfusion for Lightwave always adds V4 UV's to Genesis, at least as far as I can see because they always load correctly, where M4 UV's don't. Tested on M, Fem and Genesis Poser DSON presets.

Would be comfortable filing one bug report. Two? Mebbe, have to think about it. Three? SM? Daz? Newtek? *out of here* :)

LWAbout.png
    273 x 111 - 16K
    pproAbout.png
    301 x 59 - 21K
    GM4.jpg
    1039 x 815 - 118K
    GF4.jpg
    1042 x 819 - 125K
    edited December 1969

Buy Lightwave, get Poser? Wow never expected a promotion like that D=
    Mm... Sounds interesting but.... I don't know D=
    Also complaint: Forum tells me I;'m logged out. I can't see the POST REPLY buttons. I click LOG IN and it tells me I'm already logged in and takes me to My Account. I hit back and refresh the page and the LOG IN button shows up and tells me I'm not logged in. I click REGISTER for the hell of it and it takes me to My Account. I finally just LOG OUT and log back in and POOF everything works.
    FEH.

edited December 1969

Yes I found a session reset with a new login solves lots of problems, but not the ones the other day with all the prices spinning like a slot machine wheeee, was entertaining. Can haz moar? :)

Lightwave has a steep learning curve but the advantage of being real simple to use once you get used to it, they won't introduce a feature unless it can be invoked with a click or two, makes for an enduring workhorse rather than a twitchy thoroughbred. Oh, a no-icon interface as well, some find it difficult to get used to :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Lightwave has a steep learning curve but the advantage of being real simple to use once you get used to it, they won't introduce a feature unless it can be invoked with a click or two, makes for an enduring workhorse rather than a twitchy thoroughbred. Oh, a no-icon interface as well, some find it difficult to get used to :)

Yeah the No-Icons would be tough for me since I'm used to Cinema's icons ^_^
    But the learning curve isn't what's making me fidgety... It's that I've already got two software's on my "wishlist":
    Cinema 4D R14 Studio (MudBox style sculpting~) $2,595.00
    Vue xStream (I think $1,600?)
    I think I have a little under a thousand, or just about a thousand, in my account right now. Not sure if I want to go ahead with Lightwave or not when I still want C4D Studio XD
    xStream can wait in either case =3
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited October 2012

ps1borg said:
    Buy Lightwave, get PoserPro2012 for free https://www.lightwave3d.com/lightwave_poser_promo/

...already have Poser Pro 2012.

...so I wonder if can I get Lightwave for free. ;-)

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

LW is end-to-end modelling, effects and animation for film and television, no extras or addons required, strictly speaking, but of course there are thousands of plugins in various states of repair for different versions, most of which are free. Easy Split, Sasquatch and PoserFusion are essential addons for me, I use a few free utility scripts but otherwise for 99% of what you want to do in that limited domain out of the box versions is all you really need. Version 11 especially is rock solid on Mac OS, been like that for Windows since version 7 :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Hehe wouldn't that be a thing :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Ask SM, over and over and over. Hey, it's worth a shot. :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    LW is end-to-end modelling, effects and animation for film and television, no extras or addons required, strictly speaking, but of course there are thousands of plugins in various states of repair for different versions, most of which are free. Easy Split, Sasquatch and PoserFusion are essential addons for me, I use a few free utility scripts but otherwise for 99% of what you want to do in that limited domain out of the box versions is all you really need. Version 11 especially is rock solid on Mac OS, been like that for Windows since version 7 :)

Sasquatch? Oh hell yes XD
    I found this article on how this guy made his fluffy velociraptors in that:
    http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=39&p2_articleid=67

Step by step showing how he did it :)
    I did some talking around, and will have the money transferred into my bank so I can make the purchase by Tuesday ^_^

edited October 2012

As well as the image itself which is cool. He used one of the backgrounds from Renderosity's Prehistoric Pack :D

For this image I use my own velociraptor model because commercial velos don't like me. Model, render and feathers with Lightwave and Sasquatch. Postrender work in photoshop. For scene I use a MNAsrtist background ( http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=73285 )

114855_1282683755_large.jpg
    1350 x 762 - 233K
    Post edited by Rezca on
This discussion has been closed.